Thread: Sarkozy's home searched by the fuzz-Update: Sarkozy charged over illegal campaign contributions

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Sarkozy's home searched by the fuzz-Update: Sarkozy charged over illegal campaign contributions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18693321

BBC is reporting that French police are looking into allegations that Sarko recieved illegal donations from Frances richest woman, Lillian Bettencourt.A law firm that he holds shares in also under investigation. No other news available at the moment...

More info from Russia Today

http://www.rt.com/news/police-raid-sarkozy-home-324/
    While in office, Nikolas Sarkozy was immune from prosecution, but that immunity expired on June 16th. His former budget minister Eric Woerth has already been charged with corruption
    Last edited by PaddyJoe; 22-03-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Default Re: Sarkozy's home searched by the fuzz...

"Mensonges et la Calomnie" sez Sarkozy.

This should keep him side-lined while Hollande cements his own position.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

It's all getting a bit serious for Sarkozy:
    CNN) -- An investigative judge has charged former French President Nicolas Sarkozy with breach of trust, accusing him of taking advantage of elderly L'Oreal cosmetic heiress Liliane Bettencourt to help fund his 2007 campaign, Sarkozy's attorney said, according to CNN affiliate BFM-TV.
    The former president was summoned to appear at Judge Jean-Michel Gentil's office in Bordeaux on Thursday in a case in which he is suspected of accepting illegal contributions from Bettencourt and her staff, BFM-TV said.
    His lawyer, Thierry Herzog, said that he intends to appeal the ruling, according to BFM-TV.
    The Bettencourt scandal has fascinated France since questions about the finances of France's richest woman emerged in 2011 amid a family feud.
    The charges against Sarkozy, 58, are considered preliminary, and they could lead to trial or be dismissed
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/21/wo...ged/index.html

I don't want to be ghoulish but I cannot help myself.

Cavity search the b'stard and afterwards make sure he hasn't stolen watches and rings. 'Cause he's worth it!'

Default Re: Sarkozy's home searched by the fuzz-Update: Sarkozy charged over illegal campaign contributions

don't know abt this...

just heard this piece on the radio and couldnt care less about Sarko, but am I the only one having trouble believing that a man in his position would take 'envelopes full of cash'?

honestly.. is this 1950? who the hell walks around with pockets(?) bags(?) full of cash?

Default Re: Sarkozy's home searched by the fuzz-Update: Sarkozy charged over illegal campaign contributions

you get into all sorts of cart-wheels buying football clubs if you don't go the envelope route

....also I now coin the phrase - sarkozenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FIVE View Post
    ....also I now coin the phrase - sarkozenfreude

Or maybe "sarkocide."

A criminal investigation into former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, for allegedly soliciting secret campaign financing from France's richest woman, has been dropped, French media say.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24428541

Sarko's been taken into custody over allegations of taking cash from Gaddafi.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.