Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Deaths of Children in Care in Ireland

Default Devine and Resilience Reports on "Grace"

To be honest I have felt too upset about what happened to "Grace" to want to post about it for the last couple of days.

Over a million has been spent on the Devine and Resilience reports released by the HSE this week.

The Devine Report on "Grace" was completed four years ago, and held back over some supposed legal barriers due to a Garda investigation. Grace was bruised and battered years after the foster father died. It is unclear still if there is any serious Garda investigation is taking place.

So far as I'm aware, there is still no State regulation of Day Care for vulnerable adults and many foster placements are not inspected as they are supposed to be.

We will get the usual shock headlines and finger pointing, after which most likely nothing will be done to improve the conditions for vulnerable children and adults. With homelessness and overcrowding for thousands of families, and cuts in supports for single parents, things can only be getting worse.

It is clear from the reports that this child, teenager, woman, experienced at least 20 years of torture. I wish we could even be sure she is safe now.

It is infuriating, and grievous, beyond belief.

I noticed that an Irish newspaper published a photograph yesterday (uncaptioned) of a woman who may have been 'Grace' . If this is the case, how appalling, it would amount to yet more abuse of a person that people seem to have felt was powerless and therefore available for any kind of exploitation they feel like imposing on her.

Both reports are linked here.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/...d-reports.html
    Last edited by C. Flower; 02-03-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: The Deaths of Children in Care in Ireland

The trial of one of two killers of the orphaned 17 year old youth murdered in Tolka Park whilst in the care of the HSE has ended with a conviction.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0307/85...ichard-dekker/
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: The Deaths of Children in Care in Ireland

The Times says that Grace "is to get a package of 6 million". Reading the article, it is anything but clear she is "getting" anything. Her unpaid disability allowance is part of it. It appears, unless I am misreading this, that it will go to the HSE (who abandoned her to a life of horror) for her 'care'.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime...ment-1.3063492
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011