Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Enoch Powell right ?

Default Re: Was Enoch Powell right ?

Good lord! Was Enoch right ? Next we'll have people posting about Ron Paul and the renew America ***** ! After that global warming is a trick by gadless commnists!
    This is Ireland...*can we stick to taigs and jaffas please!

No he was wrong.

The ironic thing about Powell, that rascists who admire him never admit, is that he had big hand in promoting immigration to Britain after the War. His department sent emissaries to the West Indies to recruit workers especially nurses for the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerday Sands View Post
    No he was wrong.

The ironic thing about Powell, that rascists who admire him never admit, is that he had big hand in promoting immigration to Britain after the War. His department sent emissaries to the West Indies to recruit workers especially nurses for the NHS.
    To that you can add the officers of the former Indian Army who went to Pakistan to recruit former soldiers for the mills of Northern England.

The trouble with so-called anti-racists is that they expect everyone to agree implicitly with everything they say, and denounce as "racist" anyone who disagrees with them.

What's a "racist"?

Someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by kerdasi amaq View Post
    The trouble with so-called anti-racists is that they expect everyone to agree implicitly with everything they say, and denounce as "racist" anyone who disagrees with them.

What's a "racist"?

Go off to Stormfront, we are not interested here.

Enoch Powell was a clever man but a misguided racist opportunitist and an overall nasty piece of work.

The author of OP appears to most of the above with the one rather obvious exception.

Quote Originally Posted by kerdasi amaq View Post

What's a "racist"?

The trouble with racists is that they view their world outlook as perfectly normal, and are aghast that anybody would challenge that view on such a fundamental level. They prompt their members into hardline stances, yet get all upset when others take a hard line with them.

"What is a racist?"

An ignorant, scared individual who can't get on in the world and needs someone to blame. Kind of like an angry Mr Bean with his head shaved.

Obsessive racism seems to me to be more like a kind of poison that an outlook. Otherwise rational people lose all their normal ability to process information under its influence.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Obsessive racism seems to me to be more like a kind of poison that an outlook. Otherwise rational people lose all their normal ability to process information under its influence.
    Does that relate to nationalism, as (please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken) you are rather a fan of Irish nationalism, but you are not a fan of British nationalism, IIRC.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Default Re: Enoch Powell was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I think the claim of the OP is at least debatable ...

So I would suggest the thread title be adjusted to "Was Enoch Powell right?"
    What was the original thread title? .....''Was Enoch Powell wrong?''
    Happiness is an inside job.

This is an old thread, and I probably shouldn't have bumped it. Powell was basically wrong, the 'rivers of blood' never materialised, fortunately.

Interesting character, though.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    Does that relate to nationalism, as (please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken) you are rather a fan of Irish nationalism, but you are not a fan of British nationalism, IIRC.
    One man's Nationalism in another man's eyes is intolerance. Would you agree that there's such a thing as Euronationalism which can be seen in the Europhiles bitterness towards Brexit? I find it amusing to see Europhile posters who used to decry NI Nationalism as being anti-British bigotry who themselves now churn out kneejerk anti-British comments to beat the band.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12