Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Lowry's Irish Nationwide debts and undeclared land deal

Default Re: Michael Lowry's Anglo debts

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Well I was actually arguing the principle that all TDs have an equal mandate and that it would be a dangerous precedent to allow ministers to blacklist inconvenient TDs.

Sorry, I know that it's the height of vulgarity to post facts but I can't help myself. It's a sort of internet tourettes.
    Surely that would be more of an opinion than a fact.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Surely that would be more of an opinion than a fact.
    It's a fact that that was the opinion I was offering. Look at the post I was replying to for context.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    That motherf***** raised his hand against a woman?

What a scumbag. Hell is not hot enough nor eternity long enough
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Default Re: Michael Lowry's Irish Nationwide debts and undeclared land deal

Quote Originally Posted by FintanC View Post
    The Michael Lowry v BBT legal story has been in the newspapers before. It was in the Sunday Business Post some time ago....

The Sunday Business Post,

Independent TD Michael Lowry was served with legal proceedings by his accountant, Denis O’Connor, in recent days amid mounting concern over an estimated €1.4 million in unpaid fees.

The legal action, which was subsequently withdrawn, could have put pressure on the Moriarty Tribunal to speed up a decision on the former minister’s costs.

There was concern in O’Connor’s Foxrock-based firm, BBT Chartered Accountants, that the firm was relying on the tribunal awarding Lowry his costs for its fees.

The legal proceedings could have strengthened Lowry’s attempts to obtain a rapid decision from Mr Justice Michael Moriarty on his estimated €7 million cost bill.

O’Connor and Lowry have been personal friends since the 1980s. It is understood that the two men remain friends and that the firm continues to manage Lowry’s accounts.

The Moriarty Tribunal was critical of the relationship between O’Connor and Lowry when it issued its final report in March.
    Welcome to the forum, FintanC, and thanks for that info

The Sunday World has now posted the video of Nicola Tallant door stepping Michael Lowry.
    Top right hand corner of he page. It looks he lashed out as someone else opened the door
    http://www.sundayworld.com/

Kung Fu Lowry

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Matt Cooper's interview with Nicola Tallant of the Sunday World is here:
    http://audioserver.todayfm.com/audio...y_24-04-12.mp3

"My dad wouldn't hurt a fly", says Michael Lowry's son Speaking to the Herald today, Mr Lowry's son Micheal dubbed the article as "nonsense", adding that "it hasn't even been mentioned down our parts".
    Pictures, first published in the Sunday World, show the shamed TD raise his hand in what appeared to be an attempt to slap who he believed was the reporter trying to quiz him.
    The reporter wrote that she followed the Tipperary North deputy into a "private residence" having spent the previous 24 hours pursuing him on the issue of an alleged controversial land deal.
    Mr Lowry, who was castigated by the Moriarty Tribunal findings, is alleged to have entered the property through a sliding patio door after spotting the journalist.
    http://www.herald.ie/news/my-dad-wou...r-3089560.html

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe View Post
    Welcome to the forum, FintanC, and thanks for that info
    Thanks Paddy Joe.

Lowry is 'checking' whether he needs to amend his Dáil declaration:
    Oireachtas authorities are to respond to disgraced TD Michael Lowry on whether he failed to properly declare his interests as a committee considers whether to investigate the matter.
    Mr Lowry last night confirmed he was checking with "authorities" on whether he needed to amend his Dáil declaration after it emerged land in his name was omitted from the register of interests.

The Oireachtas committee on members’ interests said it would decide if the matter should be investigated.
    When contacted yesterday, the TD refused to answer questions on whether he was the owner or had interests in the land.

Mr Lowry said he had begun, as of yesterday, to check whether his declaration of interests needed to changed, as was permitted by the Oireachtas.

He refused to clarify who he had asked about possibly amending his declaration and said he had made inquiries with two "appropriate authorities".

Chairman of the committee on members’ interests, Thomas Pringle, said: "At this point, there has been no complaint about Mr Lowry. At the moment, it’s not on the agenda. The committee can decide to initiate an investigation but in private."

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...#ixzz1t2W4LLoo

'in private'. Up the Republic. Privately.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Chairman of the committee on members’ interests, Thomas Pringle, said: "At this point, there has been no complaint about Mr Lowry. At the moment, it’s not on the agenda. The committee can decide to initiate an investigation but in private."
    That won't take long to fix.
    Contact details for the Committee on Member's Interests are here:
    Committee contact details

Committee on Members’ Interests (Dáil Éireann)
    Leinster House
    Kildare Street
    Dublin 2

Staff contact details
    Clerk to the Committee: John Hamilton
    Telephone: (01) 618 3850
    Email: [email protected]
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/...sts/contactus/

Unreal isn't it? The way state bodies are paralysed unless activated by a coin-in-the-slot complaint.

An excuse for ignoring as much as possible. Reminds me of the little Secretary General of the Dept of Justice who went to represent the state at the UNCAT hearings all the way over in New York, stood up and submitted that the state couldn't do anything about anything with regard to the Magdalene Laundries because they were private institutions in the state.

And was promptly informed that under Ireland's obligations as a UN member the country was legally obliged to INVESTIGATE reports of incidents where illegal detention and conditions which could be construed as torture were occurring in the state and that the state didn't have a choice in choosing to ignore such reports as a 'private' matter.

Another Secretary General making a right arse of himself when outside the domestic bullshyte zone.

Sec General of the Dept of Justice shown to know nothing about Ireland's obligations as a UN member.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

An acquaintance of mine contacted the Committee on Members’ Interests asking whether there would be any action taken over the non declaration of the land owned by Lowry and received the following reply this afternoon from the Clerk to the Committee:
    Thank you for your email.
    I cannot comment concerning the compliance of a specific Deputy of his/her obligations under the Ethics Legislation. Generally speaking however, once a member has declared his/her directorship of a company, it is not a requirement that land and/or other assets of that company be declared/registered. *The holdings of a company are not registrable interests of an individual member, within the meaning of the Ethics in Public Office Acts 1995 and 2001.

Yours sincerely

John Hamilton

Houses of the Oireachtas Service
    Kildare House
    Kildare Street
    Dublin 2

Erm... what happened to "the register where members are asked to declare land they own"?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast