Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Michael Lowry's Irish Nationwide debts and undeclared land deal

Default Re: Michael Lowry's Irish Nationwide debts and undeclared land deal

£15,000 fine and disqualified as a director for three years. No custodial sentence or community service.

What a joke.

Agree, very lenient sentencing. Ray Burke got a custodial sentence in 2003 for similar offences. We seem to be going backwards.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

It is 29C here in Lowry's constituency, and I am steaming. Not the weather you understand.

Am just practising the phrase' a convicted criminal' for the next time Team Lowry (no, really) comes looking for a vote. Not defamatory now, is it?
    When they say all politics is local, can I point out how narrowly local? While in the same county, his votes do not come from around here, they come overwhelmingly from the immediate area of his home. That's some pretty intensive clientism, don't ya think?

in fairness all the radio and the papers are only on lowry cause hes not from dublin.... there was a load of dublin tds were *****!!!! jmcc was sayin on pie that harney kep haughy out of jail years ago!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    in fairness all the radio and the papers are only on lowry cause hes not from dublin.... there was a load of dublin tds were *****!!!!
    Utter, utter rubbish.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by dedogs View Post
    in fairness all the radio and the papers are only on lowry cause hes not from dublin.... there was a load of dublin tds were *****!!!! jmcc was sayin on pie that harney kep haughy out of jail years ago!!!!

Yes Harney did Haughey a big favour by opening her big mouth at the wrong time but majority would say it was totally premeditated by her, she booked herself into Easy Street from that point on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley 2 View Post
    Yes Harney did Haughey a big favour by opening her big mouth at the wrong time but majority would say it was totally premeditated by her, she booked herself into Easy Street from that point on.
    She was already in easy street, she was a senior government minister in spite of her party only getting about 10% (at most) of the vote. I blame the judge more than Harney, he could just have issued directions to the jury that they must ignore anything they have heard apart from the evidence in court, there was no need to stop the case like that.

Harney is no stranger to the courts having pocketed over a half a million from various media organisations for libel over the years. I wish someone would libel me, sounds like the easiest way to make a few bob in this Banana Republic.
    Last edited by pluralist; 24-09-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    She was already in easy street, she was a senior government minister in spite of her party only getting about 10% (at most) of the vote. I blame the judge more than Harney, he could just have issued directions to the jury that they must ignore anything they have heard apart from the evidence in court, there was no need to stop the case like that.

Harney is no stranger to the courts having pocketed over a half a million from various media organisations for libel over the years. I wish someone would libel me, sounds like the easiest way to make a few bob in this Banana Republic.
    gwan ya sheep shagger!!!!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415