Just spotting this now.
Ibec's head of public affairs has been selected as 'Property Industry Ireland's first full-time director. Finola McDonnell takes over the lobby group which was launched last July with former IDA Ireland boss Kieran McGowan as its chairman. It has 70 members so far including developers, architects, estate agents, financiers, contractors and engineers – who each pay up to €5,000 for membership.
The PII has also just signed up as an affiliate of Ibec which they hope will "provide a strong organisational base."
Some of their goals include
Government Relations & Legislative Reform
- Ensuring best in class public infrastructure investment policy
- Constructive input to ensure NAMA’s long-term positive impact on economic recovery
- Collaborate constructively with all relevant stakeholders including Departments of Finance and Environment, NAMA, Revenue Commissioners, An Bord Pleanála, National Roads Authority, Industrial Development Authority and Enterprise Ireland etc.
- Constructive input to the Review on Upward Only Leases and appropriate policies
- Provide a way forward for a more transparent, balanced and consistent Planning System resulting in increased overall economic and social value
- Reconciling conflicting legislation/regulations affecting the industry
- Funding for local authority/service provision
They and others might off to a good start if Michael's Noonan's last budget was anything to go by