Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Che Guevara monument for Galway?

Default Re: Che Guevara monument for Galway?

Great stamp idea. Must get me some.

However........

What a load of BULL on so many levels.

I went to get stamps today for the Christmas cards, asked for the Che stamps. I know its silly but I was really looking forward to sending some to friends and relations in the USA. Some have gone native and might not see the funny side.

Now what do ya know but the local post office had none. They said to try the GPO! They tell me the stamps have proven very popular, they are often asked for them. The stamps are now on their second print run, but local Post Offices are not been supplied with any of them for some reason. I wonder are the government embarrassed by the stamp and its popularity. Getting in to the GPO will be a pain, will ring first to see if they really have them, will let you know results. Anyone get them in any other Post Office recently?

In the meantime the local cards will have Rudolph and a Robin on them, just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    Some have gone native and might not see the funny side.
    I suspect that you are correct on that. The white working class in the US have had enough. It's why they voted for Trump.
    Last edited by pluralist; 12-12-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post
    I suspect that you are correct on that. The white working class in the US have had enough. It's why they voted for Trump.
    You are right but I don't think it was only the White working class. As far as I can gather he got support from workers of all races.

The Democrats had completely lost the plot.

The bazaar aspect of that election was that it came down to a choice between Trump and Hillary. FFS there are 300 plus million people in the USA! There must be hundreds if not thousands who would make better Presidents.

There is a great documentary available now on Netflix called El Che.

One titbit of information on it is that in Pinochet's library he had a copy of the Bolivian diary signed by Kissinger.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415