Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irish Water Charges to Start at 250.00 - 400 euro per year for each Household

Default Re: Irish Water Charges to Start at 250.00 - 400 euro per year for each Household

I'm not clear on whether this water charge will apply to people with their own well. I assume not but I don't remember seeing any details to confirm it.

Default Re: Irish Water Charges to Start at 250.00 - 400 euro per year for each Household

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...m_medium=email

The Irish Times is reporting that "sources" say water charges will be introduced, based on usage, by 2014, at rates of around €250.00 - 400.00 per household each year.

Installation of meters will be a large and expensive operation, but would be essential if water supplies are to be privatised and run for private profit, as usually required by the IMF.

This charge will be in addition to the property tax/household charge.
    The likes of me da and much of me family would simply be unable to pay. What a farce-that people should be charged for water on an island. I bet none of the elites in power will have to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    I'm not clear on whether this water charge will apply to people with their own well. I assume not but I don't remember seeing any details to confirm it.
    Well, they will still have to pay the housegold charge... or do you believe such boIIocks as "temporary" and "interim" in connection with taxes?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Well, they will still have to pay the housegold charge... or do you believe such boIIocks as "temporary" and "interim" in connection with taxes?
    Bolloxology as me auld boss used to call it.

Very transparent stuff going on the past day or so, some nice optics for the election. Obviously everything regarding the water charges has been planned for a long time but we are getting a stunt where the labour party will "secure" in the next few days a variety of "allowances" so they can spin their "holding back FG" spiel on the doorsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    The likes of me da and much of me family would simply be unable to pay. What a farce-that people should be charged for water on an island. I bet none of the elites in power will have to pay it.
    No, no dear, they'll just award themselves a pay rise that will be over and above the amount required for the water charges, and will then "have to pay it like everyone else". Sigh
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Very transparent stuff going on the past day or so, some nice optics for the election. Obviously everything regarding the water charges has been planned for a long time but we are getting a stunt where the labour party will "secure" in the next few days a variety of "allowances" so they can spin their "holding back FG" spiel on the doorsteps.
    On the nail.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Gimmemore accused the media of being unhelpful the other day when he said that these dsicussions dont aid situations

http://www.thejournal.ie/eamon-gilmo...18441-Apr2014/

“I think it’s never helpful that issues that have to be considered by government are trawled in the media in advance,” Gilmore said today.
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123