Thread: Cloughjordan Community Farm Recipes

Default Cloughjordan Community Farm Recipes

Just found their recipe Forum.

www.cloughjordancommunityfarm.ie

Was the Cashel Cured turnip posted here as well!? All sounds good. Maybe we could help them with a few more ideas?

Default Re: Cloughjordan Community Farm Recipes

Love this cooperative idea- fair play to the people behind the Cloughjordan Community Farm and would love to see much more of this sort of project!
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Love this cooperative idea- fair play to the people behind the Cloughjordan Community Farm and would love to see much more of this sort of project!
    Yep - have to declare an interest, and state that I'm a member. And it's ruddy Fantasic! I get I'd say about 90% of my fresh produce for the year, for under €20 a week.
    Cloughjordan Community Farm Twitter
    What's Coming off the fields now? Kale, Brussels Sprouts, Beetroot, Swede, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions, Parsnips, Chard. Jerusalem 'chokes. And Milk!
    That's affordable on anyone's budget.

And it's not rocket science to set one up either. To anyone considering a similar venture, just remember the vital step 1: First, find your community.

Now - anymore recipes, anyone?
    Last edited by yehbut_nobut; 09-12-2011 at 05:58 PM.

I love it
    Offer solutions
    my blog - Clearing Clutter – the ramblings of an environmental activist http://theresaleaf.wordpress.com/

Great compliments to yourself and the others in Cloughjordan Yehbut-Nobut- this kind of project carries with it the simple solution to a lot of problems and is such a good pattern for people to build something decent and enjoyable within their local community. Apart from the obvious benefits of the farm project itself something like this brings huge 'halo' effects I suspect in putting neighbours back in touch with each other.

So impressed with this and I have to say if the world turned upside down and I had five minutes of authority I'd back this kind of project and encourage it all across rural and urban Ireland on the basis that even if it only broke even it would deliver incalculable benefits in re-stitching a somewhat fractured social fabric.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Hope its ok to plug this-

Full details and programme here:
    Cloughjordan Community Farm - All Island CSA conference

That was one of my recipes, based on a sephardic one, did not work out that well so I would not advise it, will try to re-do this year, but the pickled turnip is tricky