Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The Christmas Thread

Default Re: The Christmas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    I had a peep into the other place that should remain nameless recently and it really has turned into nutjob central.
    LOL in fairness it always was a bit bonkers, when I first stumbled across it waaaaay back around 2005 it was this weird FF/Young PD/Freedom Institute cult where most threads were in praise of the Dear Leader Bertie and the assumption was that Honest Berts Property Carnival would make everyone millionaires and Ireland's economic problems were solved forever. They used to have Moral Panics every few months about mythical hordes of Shinners and Communists allegedly over-running the site. A large proportion of the decent posters in those days (modestly including meself there LOL) were actually mostly posting just to drive the right-wing mod team demented with our silly auld facts. It was fun

Though over the last 3-4 years it has somehow managed to devolve even further to the point it is basically now just unreadable gibberish from a crazed stew of illiterate alt-reality extremists and single-issue obsessives.

I'm largely weaning myself off forums these days, I still swing by here from time to time (usually when insomnia strikes like right now) but rarely contribute any more, and I've given up on the other place entirely.

Default Re: The Christmas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    LOL in fairness it always was a bit bonkers, when I first stumbled across it waaaaay back around 2005 it was this weird FF/Young PD/Freedom Institute cult where most threads were in praise of the Dear Leader Bertie and the assumption was that Honest Berts Property Carnival would make everyone millionaires and Ireland's economic problems were solved forever. They used to have Moral Panics every few months about mythical hordes of Shinners and Communists allegedly over-running the site. A large proportion of the decent posters in those days (modestly including meself there LOL) were actually mostly posting just to drive the right-wing mod team demented with our silly auld facts. It was fun

Though over the last 3-4 years it has somehow managed to devolve even further to the point it is basically now just unreadable gibberish from a crazed stew of illiterate alt-reality extremists and single-issue obsessives.

I'm largely weaning myself off forums these days, I still swing by here from time to time (usually when insomnia strikes like right now) but rarely contribute any more, and I've given up on the other place entirely.
    Haha...Shtop, when I left it there were still some threads that were worth reading....now it's like walking into a bar with loony bins flaking each other with pool cues....so you swiftly walk back out again.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334