Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1974

Thread: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

Default Re: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

[QUOTE=Trow;467884]
    Quote Originally Posted by bernadette View Post

I'm Irish, i'm gonna knock your door.
    Almost everyone in Ireland is Irish no one else would live there. We shall see.

Washington state just changed their law to allow people to pump their own gasoline instead of requiring an attendant do it............

QUOTATION OF THE DAY

"The only thing you could argue is that New Jerseyans are more flammable than people in the other 49 states. Because we eat so much oily pizza, funnel cake and fries, maybe you could make that argument. Otherwise, it's simply ridiculous."DECLAN J. O'SCANLON JR., a Republican assemblyman from Monmouth County, on New Jersey's distinction as the last state in the nation where drivers are not allowed to pump their own gasoline.

In Jersey they joke, it's a Tony Soprano legacy........
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

"Once it hardens, chocolate is worse than snow"

https://www.newstalk.com/Chocolate-c...cky-situation-
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

An Olympic class pi$$ take from UKClimbing.com on how Hillwalking in bad for you. I suppose the fact that it was published on 1st April by Dr Ahluv Sitten and Dr Khanna B. Harst should have given the game away.

The modern urban leg/foot/ankle is not adapted for walking away from flat tarmac, believes Dr Ahluv Sitten. As a result, per capita more sprains and fractures occur on mountain paths than escalators and pavements. "It's obvious really" he says. "Anecdotally you never hear of Mountain Rescue Teams being called to assist shoppers on your local high street; yet they are forever stretchering walkers with lower leg injuries off the hills."
    and if anyone had not copped it is a skit by the time they finish the article they end with this:

Fired up by all this science, which the experts made look so easy, UKH thought we'd try a bit ourselves. So we donned a breathable lab coat to ask a cross-sample of diners at a local McDonalds drive-by what they felt about hill walking. Comments included:

"I tried walking up Arthur's Seat and it really messed with my chain smoking. Like, I could hardly breathe!"

"Anything that's painful has to be bad for you"

"If I'm more than five minutes from the nearest burger bar I feel anxious. Is it possible to get literally too hungry?"

"I took my Evoque up Snowdon but parking was a mare"

"Mobile reception is crap and you can get better views on Flickr"

"What is a hill?"

"A sheep once looked at me sideways. I swear it was gonna kick off"

"I totally mucked up a brand new pair of white Adidas on Bleaklow. Why don't they just pave it?"

"What is 'walking'?"
    Full article...and I would be embarrassed to tell you how far I got into the article before I copped it was a pi$$ take

Full article: https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/2016...ds_study-70369

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    "Once it hardens, chocolate is worse than snow"

https://www.newstalk.com/Chocolate-c...cky-situation-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a96900_a557_1-chocolate.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	1264

In the US, an unknown number, estimated 50M feral cats kill an estimated 2B birds a year.
    Much to my regret the Countess is a cat feeder, and that attracts Turkey Buzzards.

Long article.

Feral cats are ruining the ecosystem. They kill environmentally crucial birds and spell trouble for ecosystems.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

In 2009 Liam entered the top 50 US boy's name at # 49. By 2013 it was # 2. I wonder do all the Williams know........

1 fun thingEmma leads the girls' list of top baby names for the fourth year in a row, while Liam overtook Noah for first place in boys names.

• Top 10 girls names: Emma, Olivia, Ava, Isabella, Sophia, Mia, Charlotte, Amelia, Evelyn, Abigail.
    • Top 10 boys names: Liam, Noah, William, James, Logan, Benjamin, Mason, Elijah, Oliver, Jacob.

What happens when a trade gets too popular. It’s not just cinema fans who think MoviePass, where you can see one movie in cinemas a day for $9.95 per month, is too good to be true. As Alison Griswold explains, investors are so keen to bet against the company that stockholders can make big money by loaning out their increasingly worthless shares at eye-watering interest rates of 70% or more. Isn’t finance fun?

Hi Count, that link "can make big money by loaning out" leads to "Quartz page not found". So you see, some strange people actually do click the links

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    Hi Count, that link "can make big money by loaning out" leads to "Quartz page not found". So you see, some strange people actually do click the links
    Just checked the original, not working either. If they get enough complaints they'll correct it for Monday's email.

WaPo........

A 14th human foot — this one in a hiking boot — washes ashore in Canada
    The disembodied human feet, almost all previously clad in sneakers, have mysteriously appeared on British Columbia shorelines for more than a decade.
    By Amy B Wang • Read more »

Article and cool 2 minute vid at the link, of a Foster designed building currently under construction, that is intended to be a drone base. The future is now.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/05/10/fo...henzhen-china/

61%: It’s been less than 2 weeks since the Supreme Court struck down a federal law banning sports betting in most states, and companies are already leaping at the opportunity the ruling creates. This week, Dublin-based bookmaking business Paddy Power Betfair agreed to merge its US operations with fantasy sports league site FanDuel, in a deal that will give Paddy Power 61% ownership over the combined business. FanDuel currently has 7M players participating in its daily fantasy sports, and hopes to have a sports betting offering ready in time for the 2018 NFL season.

South Asians are on a streak having had 14 Champions or Co-Champions of the Spelling Bee in the last 11 consecutive years. This year also had the youngest ever contestant a 5 1/2 year old girl of non asian extraction.

Karthik Nemmani, 14, of Texas, became the champion Scripps National Spelling Bee in Oxon Hill, Md., after "koinonia," which means Christian fellowship or communion, AP's Ben Nuckols reports.

• The competition had a dramatically abrupt end, after 12-year-old Naysa Modi misspelled "Bewusstseinslage" in the first championship round.
    • "When only three spellers remained, all were from the Dallas area, which has long been a hotbed of spelling talent."

Russia says someone tried to drill a hole in the International Space Station. There’s an investigation underway into whether an air leak was a sabotage attempt or a production mishap.

Rumors of a fella seen floating away, drill in hand, are at this point, unconfirmed.

Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast