Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1928

Thread: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

Default Re: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

Potato famine?

Potato chips are going for $12 a bag in Japan. A potato crop failure in Hokkaido has caused panic buying and empty supermarket shelves.

RNY has some new career options.........

Women are leading Sunday mass in Portugal. A shortage of priests in the countryside requires volunteers, both male and female, to oversee services..
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

United’s newest headache: scorpions on a plane. A passenger was stung after the arachnid fell out of an overhead bin.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Count Bobulescu

[/FONT]Women are leading Sunday mass in Portugal. A shortage of priests in the countryside requires volunteers, both male and female, to oversee services..
    LOL �� yes and if I don't stop BSing here and submit my grant �� Today I might need to start a new church in portugal ����*��

What more proof do you need.............

Life imitating art.......

1. A New York man was indicted on fraud charges after he spent years pretending to be a registered architect – a case so closely resembling a “Seinfeld” plot that even the state’s attorney general couldn’t resist acknowledging the parallels. (New York Times)

Funny TV ads for mens underwear. The no pinch, no stink, buck naked's and the "ballroom" pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Life imitating art.......

1. A New York man was indicted on fraud charges after he spent years pretending to be a registered architect – a case so closely resembling a “Seinfeld” plot that even the state’s attorney general couldn’t resist acknowledging the parallels. (New York Times)
    It is not clear from the report if he was a good or bad imitation....
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

i had a 99 yesterday and got a shockin dose of the scutters after.... id say the ould machine was never cleaned out right after the winter.... wont chance another till may....

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    It is not clear from the report if he was a good or bad imitation....
    Well he survived seven years and had 100 "clients". Some of his clients were public sector who likely have much more experience with archs than an ordinary individual.

Well he survived seven years and had 100 "clients". Some of his clients were public sector who likely have much more experience with archs than an ordinary individual.
    I guess the buldings were real....
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

WaPo..........We'll see.....

Archaeology shocker: Study claims humans reached the Americas 100,000 years earlier than expected
    Broken mastodon fossils and several large stones uncovered in California are evidence of ancient humans in the Americas 130,000 years ago — more than 100,000 years before scientists thought they first arrived, according to a controversial new report. The paleontologists behind the discovery believe it could blow open the debate about when humans settled in the Americas. But many experts in the field are skeptical that these bones and stones were modified by humans, and not by nature.
    Read more »

WaPo..........We'll see.....

Archaeology shocker: Study claims humans reached the Americas 100,000 years earlier than expected
    Broken mastodon fossils and several large stones uncovered in California are evidence of ancient humans in the Americas 130,000 years ago — more than 100,000 years before scientists thought they first arrived, according to a controversial new report. The paleontologists behind the discovery believe it could blow open the debate about when humans settled in the Americas. But many experts in the field are skeptical that these bones and stones were modified by humans, and not by nature.
    Read more »
    well... I looked at the data today... and ..errrr.... it's a nice idea (certainly possible the Neanderthals would have followed bison at that time) BUT... it is a bit of a stretch as a stand alone piece of data ... if more examples start popping up then the field will change

usually what happens in this case is folks in the lab that are sitting on a piece of data which they do not understand start digging out their old bones and look at it with a fresh set of 'metrics' ... "Entertain the Possibility - Open Your Mind - Wide Open" (i am always telling my people)

we will know the verdict in 5 years or so ...

bone grafting causes excruciating pain as i am finding out and the narcotics i was prescribed make me feel worse

does anyone here have suggestions - smoking a joint might help but tis against the law here

Unusual dedogs! Maybe twas just too cold for your tummy.

Sorry to hear Random. Don't suppose they'd give you a Brompton Cocktail...named for the hospital who pioneered it for burns I think. Morphine , cocaine and alcohol. Nah , maybe not.

Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 LastLast