Page 101 of 132 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1976

Thread: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: The Absolute Thread of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG II View Post
    F-ck! Up since 5 and can't get back to sleep. Work has me wrecked with the backlog of files.
    I played badminton last night and had the opposition running around the court but I was wrecked myself ! Slept like a log though even if I was up late!
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    I played badminton last night and had the opposition running around the court but I was wrecked myself ! Slept like a log though even if I was up late!
    Those jump shots will take it out of you Fluffy. I'd run (the other way) too if I were on the receiving end of a smash from a guy your height

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabilis View Post
    Those jump shots will take it out of you Fluffy. I'd run (the other way) too if I were on the receiving end of a smash from a guy your height

Hehe

The lad I played is my friend and house mate. He spent last week boasting he would beat me so I said fair enough...

I wont 21-4 21-3 21-7 .....poor bastard got a text this morning on the way to work "do you want some custard with your humble pie" lol!

E mailed a club in Sherrif St looking for players and when i said I was between intermediate and beginner I was told that its too late to join (despite them looking for playres) so I made a point of asking could I play their players in training to see what level Im at (I might end up with egg on my face but Im feeling a bit braver !)

Smashes are hard to master, my footwork is pretty good and Im fairly sharp for a big guy for getting back to the central of the court and the best weapon I have is an underarm serve that dips low into the opposing court that makes it difficult to return or force them into an error but my weakness is shots at the back fo the court, my smash (I never get the angle right), my grip on the racket (meant to be a pencil grip) . Im no pro but have been playing with friends for a few years and used to play competitively for two years as a kid
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

A resounding victory Sir! I never heard of a pencil grip, but then maybe you hold a pencil like a badminton racket

And those jump smashes? Here is the king , Li Dan:

I was told to hold my racket this way years ago!I just go however is comfortable!

I watched Lin Dan in the 2012 Olympics in the highlights on BBC, fantastic player.!

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Want to know just how "pure" you are as a race? Well, here you go. We're all mongrols. I wonder what the "Greeks of pure genes" in GD make of the fact that their genes are in fact mainly Polish, with a bit of Irani, Italian, and even some Scottish thrown in...

http://www.admixturemap.paintmychromosomes.com/

Listen, if you dare, to the voice of Alastair Crowley, once deemed "the most evil man in England", cut into a wax cylinder.

Lols! http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=28925
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

20,000 people an hour are starting their GM cars from their phones. And GM is tracking this.
    "GM’s most impressive app, though, was the one it designed itself. Called Vehicle Health Monitor, the app does a complete diagnostic check of the car’s systems, pointing out possible issues on easy-to-read vehicle diagrams. And if it finds a problem it will even offer to book a maintenance appointment with your dealership, searching its appointment book for open time slots.
    The Vehicle Health app is an example of GM moving outside the confines of the infotainment system and tapping into the control access networks of the car itself. Other automakers have built similar diagnostic applications, but the difference here is that GM is going to extend that access to developers through application programming interfaces. One day Pandora may be able to automatically select a music station based on how fast you’re driving or whether the windshield wipers are on.
    Tapping vehicle telematics systems could wind up being one of GM’s most popular development features if usage of GM’s own OnStar Remote Link service is any indication. Abram said that in January automated digital interactions with OnStar nearly surpassed voice interactions with live OnStar advisors. Because of the cold wave sweeping the country, OnStar is processing about 20,000 remote engine starts an hour from its Remote Link smartphone app, so drivers can pre-warm their cars."

As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    That horse never saw that cow coming

Im half thinking of getting a pet ferret but I need to educate myself first about them and if I can devote enough time to them. Cute little things....I do know they must be neutered to stop them from smelling

Anyone ever kept them?

No, but years ago I used to keep a gerbil, a little ball of fur I named Schmutz.

Very cute little feller too.

I'd carry him in the top pocket of my old army coat when heading out to work in the National Maritime Museum on the train. He'd frequently take a peek out and horrify the other passengers.

At the museum, I'd let him wander about.

Gerbils are like terrier puppies, very intelligent though. When they arrive in a new place, they tear along the perimeter of the room, round and round until they've the measure of the place, scoping things out. Then they investigate the central plains. Then they come looking for attention, food, and affection.

My buddy got himself one as well.

Named it John Lennon.

John Lennon and Schmutz used to crack us up when they were left to roam around together.

I had then, as I have now, a pathological fear of rodents.

A gerbil is pretty much a rat.

But I loved him.

He's dead now.

I buried him out back under my Dad's apple tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowl View Post
    No, but years ago I used to keep a gerbil, a little ball of fur I named Schmutz.

Very cute little feller too.

I'd carry him in the top pocket of my old army coat when heading out to work in the National Maritime Museum on the train. He'd frequently take a peek out and horrify the other passengers.

At the museum, I'd let him wander about.

Gerbils are like terrier puppies, very intelligent though. When they arrive in a new place, they tear along the perimeter of the room, round and round until they've the measure of the place, scoping things out. Then they investigate the central plains. Then they come looking for attention, food, and affection.

My buddy got himself one as well.

Named it John Lennon.

John Lennon and Schmutz used to crack us up when they were left to roam around together.

I had then, as I have now, a pathological fear of rodents.

A gerbil is pretty much a rat.

But I loved him.

He's dead now.

I buried him out back under my Dad's apple tree.
    What a nice story

My folks had a lab that we had for years called Pepsi,a jet black whippet lab cross actually. When he died there was more tears shed than there was for some relatives ! Like that he is buried in the front garden with a tree over where he is (next door neighbours did the same!)

Gerbils low maintenance?

Page 101 of 132 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast