Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Ian Bailey extradition case adjourned to consider 'new material'

Default Re: Ian Bailey extradition case adjourned to consider 'new material'

Finally - https://www.gardaombudsman.ie/news-r...marie-farrell/

Ho-hum, no corruption....so what happened to the documents??

More and more smells.... I still think Bailey knows something, but, since so much has been published, there can be no possibility of a fair trial. He knows that.

Just (another) case of Garda incompetence? If it wasn't him, who?? the dead Guard? Or is the killer still hanging around?

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    Indeed. Asked here and elsewhere back in 2014 - http://www.politicalworld.org/showth...018#post371018

RTE's report said that 'missing pages' in Garda records were actually cut out of the book/s.

There seems to have been a dump of almost everything that might have been any use including personal possessions of Bailey and Du Plantier.

I'm almost persuaded that it might have been sheer incompetence (how much grasp did the Guards involved have of what DNA is ?), but cut pages ? No.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

.... cutting out pages is not corruption? It was hardly arranged by a rookie....

Interesting piece in the IT on Saturday about GSOC, the legislation is designed to protect the guilty.

No reaction, afaics, to the Gemma O'Doherty piece. Not even by Bailey.....

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    .... cutting out pages is not corruption? It was hardly arranged by a rookie....

Interesting piece in the IT on Saturday about GSOC, the legislation is designed to protect the guilty.

No reaction, afaics, to the Gemma O'Doherty piece. Not even by Bailey.....
    Not surprising in the circumstances, I would suspect all parties have had legal advice to keep schtum, especially Bailey. If he'd done that from the start...

GSOC have zero credibility, any response by them will just look like what it is, damage limitation.

How do you lose a blood spattered gate? It's not exactly a small thing.

Right, but even if you could plausibly come up with a series of 'stranger than fiction' events that led to such a scenario, what are the odds of other stuff going missing, or of the other mistakes and coincidences?

Making it look like the Keystone Kops handled the investigation just draws more suspicion.

Reminds me of that old saying:

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

Should have added:

Fool me three times, you must work for GSOC...

Great article by Gemma O'Doherty in the Village magazine last month.
    It draws together most of the real-life aspects of this Garda investigation which make the Keystone Cops seem like super-sleuths.
    Included is a picture of the 5 bar gate, with numbers placed on it presumably showing where evidence (blood and fingerprints maybe) had been found.
    Incredibly the gate was taken away and "lost" by the Gardaí.

The baffling ‘loss’ of a five-bar blood-splashed iron gate from the entrance to du Plantier’s property has never been explained nor has anyone been disciplined for it.
    What's the betting it now adorns the field of some friend or relation of a Garda.

Ian Bailey was an outsider not versed in the nod-and-wink cute hoorism involved in much of Irish life, especially prevalent in the past.

Bailey, who was a reporter for the Sunday Tribune and the Daily Star at the time, was the first journalist on the scene on the day of the murder in December 1996. Being British and unlike the rest of the Irish media pack, he was somebody the gardaí were unable to control and, from the beginning, his stories took an independent look at the case.
    There are many Gardaí who will not perjure themselves, but it is my opinion that given the right circumstances most will lie under oath and break the law in any other way which is convenient.

Here is the article, it makes incredible reading even for those of us who are aware how corrupt the Gardaí can be:

https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php...emma-odoherty/

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425