Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Libyan Commander Robbed of 200,000 € of "US Intelligence" Cash Out of Dublin Hot Press" Sunday World

Default Re: Libyan Commander Robbed of 200,000 Euros of "US Intelligence" Cash Out of Dublin Hot Press

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I know nothing at all about the man and he could have been taking money from anyone and everyone for all I know. What I was taking affront at was legs being afforded to a story apparently provided by the Gardai to the Sunday World, for which there is no other evidence. The Embassy in Ballsbridge could be behind it for all you or I know ... I'm sure they are on good terms with the top brass in the boys and girls in blue. It is all very odd ... but was best left in the Sunday World until some other reliable information one way or another emerged.
    It is all rather odd. I think it's very unlikely he was doing anything wrong with money. People don't generally go off and leave their families and risk their necks for cash. He was on the Gaza flotilla, and is an activist, not a mercenary. It may be the case that he left Libya and went home to his family because they been burgled. Which embassy in Ballsbridge ? If you want a conspiracy, it may be that people in Libya, with whom he was in dispute, might want him out of the way and/or discredited.

I think the Rathkeale element to the story is disgraceful and clearly without any basis... "Rathkeale Travellers have large denomination notes." They run businesses...

Kev Bar Guest

Default Re: Libyan Commander Robbed of 200,000 Euros of "US Intelligence" Cash Out of Dublin Hot Press

You cant beat the contacts the Sunday World have in the Garda Siochana for securing a scoop.
    Jesus Sam..No, no no.

I thought it was all down to the genius that is Paul Williams.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: "Libyan Commander Robbed of 200,000 Euros of "US Intelligence" Cash Out of Dublin Hot Press"

What would that money from an American Intelligence Agency be possibly be ear marked for?
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Default Re: "Libyan Commander Robbed of 200,000 Euros of "US Intelligence" Cash Out of Dublin Hot Press"

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    What would that money from an American Intelligence Agency be possibly be ear marked for?
    Sam Lord has rightly pointed out that the story is very probably a total fantasy by the Gardaí.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Sam Lord has rightly pointed out that the story is very probably a total fantasy by the Gardaí.
    Press office must be bored stiff....
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Kev Bar Guest

Interesting job, coming up with colourful yarns.
    A firm belief in law and order and a fertile imagination.
    That's me to a tee!
    Wonder do they need help?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Press office must be bored stiff....
    It's the hollywood script writing school of investigation

Kev Bar Guest

Respect.
    I didn't realise they had got beyond aping the standards of "Fair City.

Which embassy in Ballsbridge ?
    The US. I'm sure they have spooks there that get up to all sorts of stuff.

If you want a conspiracy, it may be that people in Libya, with whom he was in dispute, might want him out of the way and/or discredited.
    It could be anyone or no one. There may have been money or there may not have been money. People in Libya may be out to discredit him, the US may be out to discredit him or the Special Branch might just not like him .. and believe me he would be very much on their radar. If there was money it could have been provided by the US, Qatar, or someone else. It if was stolen it could have been stolen by travellers, local scumbags, or people tipped off and paid by persons unknown to steal it.

The point is that we don't know any of this.

But I'm not just accepting on face value a story fed by the Gard Siochana to the Sunday World.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

They probably make the Guard look like a true life account of working in the guards....

Someone agrees with you SL, that least said is soonest mended.

@cassflower I was in his office in Libya the day he flew to Ireland and resigned before Sirte fell for "medical reasons" . Time will tell.
    Repent11 Mohamed Fadel Fahmy
    Author of BAGHDAD BOUND: CNN Producer/Journalist in Egypt- Certified X ICRC Delegate Expert in Protecting Political Detainees/Refugees Adrenaline Anchovies!

Kev Bar Guest

Someone agrees with you SL, that least said is soonest mended.

Repent11 Mohamed Fadel Fahmy
    Author of BAGHDAD BOUND: CNN Producer/Journalist in Egypt- Certified X ICRC Delegate Expert in Protecting Political Detainees/Refugees Adrenaline Anchovies!
    Explain will you...you lost me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Bar View Post
    Explain will you...you lost me there.
    Sam Lord and Mohamed Fahmy both seem to think the facts, and reasons for any events, are unknown, and best left that way.

Sam Lord and Mohamed Fahmy both seem to think the facts, and reasons for any events, are unknown, and best left that way.
    Actually, being a curious person I wouldn't mind knowing the facts.

I would just question whether we have been provided with any so far.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Actually, being a curious person I wouldn't mind knowing the facts.

I would just question whether we have been provided with any so far.
    It seems to be undisputed that he lived in Dublin for 20 years, and is settled here with a family, that he took part in the Gaza flotilla last year, that he headed out to Libya with others and had an important role in the Tripoli Brigade, that he was displaced from the Tripoli Military Council by the NTC over disagreements about security and that he left for personal or health reasons, before the fall of Sirte, and returned to Dublin.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast