Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will Labour go the Way of the Green Party in Government?

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Default Re: Will Labour go the Way of the Green Party in Government?

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    Tony Gregory?
    Good man but sold his soul to CJ Haughey didnt he?
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Independents en masse will achieve nothing. Only an organised political force can carry through a political programme.

That is why I am so p***ed off with last year's wave of defectors from the party, none of whom have had the cojones to initiate anything.

Meanwhile, ordinary Labour members are deeply unhappy with things at the moment. I am fairly certain something will have to give after this month. If it doesnt, then I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by riposte View Post
    Tony Gregory?

It was the occurrence of that example to my mind that led me to insert the qualifier "significant". He got a good deal for his constituents, but even if circumstances do occasionally allow an Independent to hold the balance o power, a constituency deal is the best kind of thing they can expect to get. You are hardly going to have a situation where one Independent TD dictates government policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    Independents en masse will achieve nothing. Only an organised political force can carry through a political programme.

That is why I am so p***ed off with last year's wave of defectors from the party, none of whom have had the cojones to initiate anything.

Meanwhile, ordinary Labour members are deeply unhappy with things at the moment. I am fairly certain something will have to give after this month. If it doesnt, then I'm out.
    ah!.... don't leave Richard . we'll have no one to aim our razor sharp criticisms at.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Saw lots of posters on roads mostly FG/LAB/FF faces with no credentials just hangers on or poliical dynasties.

FG or FF or LAB contempt of voters re posters as it doesn't tell you nothing at all or anything at all of that candidate's background & motives or his or her policies if implemented. Why should we vote on the basis of their faces........ idiots if the electorate did.

They would want us to vote on the basis of that face or popular or well known face like Clune (well known political dynasty of Barry family) without any questions asked of his or her background, credentials, history et al. FG/FF/LAB take a constant view that electorate is of that stupid plank or thick hence their total contempt of the electorate in general.

Any tough questions must be asked of them anything including taxes, stealth taxes in the form of water tax, septic tax, Property taxes, hidden medical card extra charges i could go on. Also the ability of the electorate to pay or not to be included in this equation as Water taxes or property taxes doesn't address that issue.

People are starting to realise that FG/FF /Lab policies are targeted at lining up their business/friends pockets with strong political or dyanasty connection. FG/LAB aren't thinking of Ireland in question as they want to bleed IReland DRY and milk all out for their benefits and of their business pals.

In another words, FG/FF/LAb don't represent us or Ireland at all whatsoever as they are thinking of enriching themselves in the form of pensions. and their business friends as well

FG/FF/LAB parties run for the few (Dinny et al) at the expense of the many people.
    Last edited by disability student; 01-05-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceannaire View Post
    It was the occurrence of that example to my mind that led me to insert the qualifier "significant". He got a good deal for his constituents, but even if circumstances do occasionally allow an Independent to hold the balance o power, a constituency deal is the best kind of thing they can expect to get. You are hardly going to have a situation where one Independent TD dictates government policy.
    This being a local and European election, I think the issues of government policy and budgetary concerns are secondary. Even elected county councillors who represent political parties don't have much influence on party policy, let alone Government policy. However, party politics can have a very negative effect in local Government - and preempt the elected members from exercising the discretion, which is what they were elected to do in the first place. The more independents in local gov the better - as we have seen over and over how planning issues have been corrupted by political parties, using councils as piggy bank fillers.

The same goes for Europe, where we need all the independent watchdogs we can get, who are not party mouthpieces, especially government party mouthpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post

Come on. Is any of this a real surprise?? We all saw this coming years ago. It was inevitable, and to be honest, I'm surprised it has taken so long...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456