PDA

View Full Version : Cameron to force companies to publish amount of immigrants they employ

fluffybiscuits
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/10/cameron-rewrites-immigration-speech-resistance

Requiring firms to publish the number of immigrants on their payroll, an idea floated at the weekend, was designed to shame companies into taking on more indigenous labour. Industry opposed the proposal as a regulatory burden.

The article doesnt mention much in terms of this aspect of their attack on policy. One of things they want to do is to shame companies into employing British people. Is it me or does the Tory government suddenly of all just causing racism indirectly? That sort of information would be voluntarily asked on a census form but forcing companies to reveal that information ? It has no bearing whatsoever on the immigration in the country. Its a bit of a political own goal IMO..or is he trying to appeal to an electorate whom are not exactly won over?..

AntiPublicSectorGreed
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
That sort of information would be voluntarily asked on a census form but forcing companies to reveal that information ?You havent a clue what youre talking about. The census form is not voluntary. Failure to complete all sections of the census form, is a criminal offence.

We desperately need this kind of legislation in Ireland where irish people are being discriminated against at companies like PC World which is bringing in cheap indian workers to man their stores.

fluffybiscuits
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
You havent a clue what youre talking about. The census form is not voluntary. Failure to complete all sections of the census form, is a criminal offence.

We desperately need this kind of legislation in Ireland where irish people are being discriminated against at companies like PC World which is bringing in cheap indian workers to man their stores.

Are you accusing PC World of discriminatory practices? That is a serious accusation to level against a comnpany unless you can prove it. The fact of the matter is during the Celtic Tiger the Irish didnt do any of the jobs that the immigrants were doing with the net result now that the Irish are unemployed as the non Irish are cheaper to employ. In a way the Irish themselves priced themselves out of the market.

BTW You are right on the census background, checked it out ....

AntiPublicSectorGreed
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
BTW You are right on the census background, checked it out ....That happens a lot.

Pay close attention to my posts. You can learn a lot from them. I used to be leftwing like you until reality finally broke through my leftwing brainwashing.

Griska
10-10-2011, 08:05 PM
That happens a lot.

Pay close attention to my posts. You can learn a lot from them. I used to be leftwing like you until reality finally broke through my leftwing brainwashing.

Sweet mother of Vishnu.

fluffybiscuits
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
That happens a lot.

I'll politely decline....

Baron von Biffo
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Nasty stuff. the Lib Dems over there seem to be as domesticated as Lab is here.

Griska
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Nasty stuff. the Lib Dems over there seem to be as domesticated as Lab is here.

And likely to go the same way in the next election.

morticia
10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
And likely to go the same way in the next election.

Naah... they'll be seriously carbonized toast.... first past the post will crucify them.

Labour here will lose half their seats and win many back the following election; the blame for our problems can be squarely laid with FF and the PDs

The Moth
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Are you accusing PC World of discriminatory practices? That is a serious accusation to level against a comnpany unless you can prove it. The fact of the matter is during the Celtic Tiger the Irish didnt do any of the jobs that the immigrants were doing with the net result now that the Irish are unemployed as the non Irish are cheaper to employ. In a way the Irish themselves priced themselves out of the market.

BTW You are right on the census background, checked it out ....

Not true. Many companies prefer immigrant labour because the workers are cheaper. They get around the minimum wage by charging them for accomodation eg. meat factories , canning factories , mushroom pickers, hotels that is why the number of work visas continue to rise while indigenous unemployment rises. Also the workers are more docile because they are reliant on the Company for work visas which may in the long term be their passport from the third world into the first world. Our lazy over paid unions have not bothered to raise this issue. It is a big issue and people and politicians should be allowed to discuss it without the race card being played. The racist issue is not a one way street.

fluffybiscuits
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Not true. Many companies prefer immigrant labour because the workers are cheaper. They get around the minimum wage by charging them for accomodation eg. meat factories , canning factories , mushroom pickers, hotels that is why the number of work visas continue to rise while indigenous unemployment rises. Also the workers are more docile because they are reliant on the Company for work visas which may in the long term be their passport from the third world into the first world. Our lazy over paid unions have not bothered to raise this issue. It is a big issue and people and politicians should be allowed to discuss it without the race card being played. The racist issue is not a one way street.

I can only go on the basis of what other people have said to me. Plus have a read of what is in the following IT article

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2010/1016/1224281220220.html

“The only reason those jobs have gone to workers outside the EU is that they could not get local people to do them. Work permits are not issued unless you can prove you can’t get people locally to do the job. In my view the problem with filling these jobs is the replacement ratio: the fact there’s only a small difference between working for minimum wage and social welfare payments . . . Irish people are saying it’s not worth their while.”

So they must prove they couldnt hire an Irish person. Plus on top of that a lot of Irish people took mortgages way over their heads so as a result an entry level job and/or minimum wage didnt pay the required mortgage each month even where there was two people working.