PDA

View Full Version : The Why am I so bored thread?

jinnyjoe
07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
I log into this forum every day and though I wouldn't be the most intelligent contributor by a long shot I have been very bored over the last couple of weeks with the threads, same old, same old: Presidential election (which we're all bored to tears with) and the euro and european politics. God knows I can't come up with anything better but I just know one of you can, PLEASE, I'm begging for a new thread not about Irish presidents or Sinn Fein. I'm putting it out there, and I know one of you will rise to the bait even if it is to slag me off.

C. Flower
07-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Do what I do. Log off and run around the block :)

The economic crisis has been like watching someone falling off a very high cliff and the drop has been going on now for three years.

The Presidential elections are welcome relief.

Best post of the day? 5intheface's "The Radio" poem on the blog.

There are times when everything is at half way house, - neither at the beginning, nor the conclusion, and this is one of them.

Spectabilis
08-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Jinnyjoe, maybe you are just little down in yourself. The site here is not therapy but it has issues of the day, about which some of us feel passionately. And issues of the decade, about which we may feel it is a chore to inform ourselves. And then there is the Jokes thread for when you are feeling in need of a laugh at it all. Or the gardening forum, which can be quite challenging at times, but gets us to think laterally about issues. Try them all before you let the ol' depression get to you and start thinking it is general:)

Sam Lord
08-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I have been very bored over the last couple of weeks with the threads ...

Play this very loudly and pogo up and down all over the room. You will feel better ... guaranteed.

The Clash - I'm So Bored With The U.S.A With Lyrics - YouTube

jinnyjoe
08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Play this very loudly and pogo up and down all over the room. You will feel better ... guaranteed.

The Clash - I'm So Bored With The U.S.A With Lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFTEQC7Aq2k)

Ah yes Sam LOVE it, fair play to ye, only to be surpassed by "My Daddy was a bank robber".

Spec, certainly not depressed far from it, just a bit bored with the lack of usual variety there is on this forum, possibily just missing Count B's way out theories on extra terrestrial life or Morticia's marvellous answers on the earthquake and volcano thread, not that I'd wish any on the world but now and then I also miss Dan's ever so horrible theories on capitalism and the like (and yes I know why he was banned and totally understand) but man he was funny, and even my beloved Griska has gone all serious on us now,. Oh for the good old melanacholy and sardonic days.;)

Kev Bar
08-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Ah yes Sam LOVE it, fair play to ye, only to be surpassed by "My Daddy was a bank robber".

Spec, certainly not depressed far from it, just a bit bored with the lack of usual variety there is on this forum, possibily just missing Count B's way out theories on extra terrestrial life or Morticia's marvellous answers on the earthquake and volcano thread, not that I'd wish any on the world but now and then I also miss Dan's ever so horrible theories on capitalism and the like (and yes I know why he was banned and totally understand) but man he was funny, and even my beloved Griska has gone all serious on us now,. Oh for the good old melanacholy and sardonic days.;)

I'll do my utmost to stay dumbly, sharply trivial if that's any good to you.

jinnyjoe
08-10-2011, 01:54 AM
*x
I'll do my utmost to stay dumbly, sharply trivial if that's any good to you.

Oh yes Kev, please do because obviously it's all about entertaining me and no one else. Ah no seriously I'm not self centred just looking for a bit of distraction and so very bored to vomiting stage with the Irish presidential race to the reality that I really mighn't vote at all because not one of them makes any impact on me at all seriously, though yer man Gallagher crept up on me, I kept sayin I know that dude from somewhere and then someone said Dragons Den and the penny dropped, he seems to be very focused but no doubt we;ll find he's a boll** s as well.

Ah Well
08-10-2011, 01:56 AM
*x

Oh yes Kev, please do because obviously it's all about entertaining me and no one else. Ah no seriously I'm not self centred just looking for a bit of distraction and so very bored to vomiting stage with the Irish presidential race to the reality that I really mighn't vote at all because not one of them makes any impact on me at all seriously, though yer man Gallagher crept up on me, I kept sayin I know that dude from somewhere and then someone said Dragons Den and the penny dropped, he seems to be very focused but no doubt we;ll find he's a boll** s as well.

Is that what they call gene poll FFers these days :cool::D

Ah Well
08-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Is that what they call gene poll FFers these days :cool::D

Then again Michael D was one way back too ... how gene poll is he :)

jinnyjoe
08-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Then again Michael D was one way back too ... how gene poll is he :)

Ah yes lovely man by all accounts, but is he giving the view of Ireland we want to give to the rest of the world as a dynamic and forward nation, or is he saying yes come to the land of leprachauns and folklore?? Sorry but that's how people outside will think.

Ah Well
08-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Ah yes lovely man by all accounts, but is he giving the view of Ireland we want to give to the rest of the world as a dynamic and forward nation, or is he saying yes come to the land of leprachauns and folklore?? Sorry but that's how people outside will think.

Terribly black and white me ... all down to whether one is FF affiliated past or present ... 7 Candidates ... I put 'em down on the paper, and ANYONE with links howsoever remote to FF get a line drawn thru (and that includes Higgins) ...

End result .. voting options become severely limited (as if they were awe inspiring day one :rolleyes:) ... indeed they then become limited in every sense of the word :D

Count Bobulescu
08-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Jinny, I’m grateful for honorable mention, but please be assured that the UFO theories are not mine. I simply regurgitate the theories of others. I’m too dumb to have a theory of my own. That said, I’ll find something to post for you in the UFO thread. Note to guests, you can’t read the UFO thread because I placed it in the “members only” section. There’s a race to break the 2,000 member barrier,”cough”.

Binn Beal
08-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Gallagher crept up on me, I kept sayin I know that dude from somewhere and then someone said Dragons Den and the penny dropped, he seems to be very focused but no doubt we;ll find he's a boll** s as well. - Jinnyjoe
Can you keep it trivial please!

jinnyjoe
08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Can you keep it trivial please!

Sorry Binn, can't get away from it can we!! Soft morning out there,

PaddyJoe
08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
You need to read up on the forum rules, Jinnyjoe. Boredom is not permitted. A certain amount of ennui or world weariness is quite acceptable and existential angst is positively encouraged but boredom is a big no no:)

Griska
08-10-2011, 11:11 PM
When you're done with The Clash, try this:

Iggy Pop - I'm Bored (1979 TV show) - YouTube

C. Flower
08-10-2011, 11:13 PM
You could try watching the reruns of old snippets of Late Late Show interviews that's running on RTE 1 :D;)

Legacy
09-10-2011, 01:11 AM
I log into this forum every day and though I wouldn't be the most intelligent contributor by a long shot I have been very bored over the last couple of weeks with the threads, same old, same old: Presidential election (which we're all bored to tears with) and the euro and european politics. God knows I can't come up with anything better but I just know one of you can, PLEASE, I'm begging for a new thread not about Irish presidents or Sinn Fein. I'm putting it out there, and I know one of you will rise to the bait even if it is to slag me off.

If you're really bored I need a new washer on my kitchen tap, a new hinge on a kitchen cupboard and a new toilet seat fitted. Seriously!

jinnyjoe
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM
If you're really bored I need a new washer on my kitchen tap, a new hinge on a kitchen cupboard and a new toilet seat fitted. Seriously!

I've suddenly become unbored:D. DIY :eek: Now what were you all saying about the eurozone, David Norris and Marty Mc, yes yes I'm listening now:D

Kev Bar
09-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Terribly black and white me ... all down to whether one is FF affiliated past or present ... 7 Candidates ... I put 'em down on the paper, and ANYONE with links howsoever remote to FF get a line drawn thru (and that includes Higgins) ...

End result .. voting options become severely limited (as if they were awe inspiring day one :rolleyes:) ... indeed they then become limited in every sense of the word :D

If one was to go back that far with Mickey D, then one should really also look to the future and Marty Mac's Neo Fianna Fai.

But I'm not sure as to the justice of your analyss.

FF allegedly were legit once.

The men in mohair finally overcame the Republican puritans.

And Paddy loved the rogues. Invited them home. And only belatedly sussed they had stolen the silver and violated the kids' prospects.

fluffybiscuits
09-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll be honest Im not mad on discussing economics nor heavy politics Im more about social issues but there is something for everyone! Take a look at my idea for a new party on the new party thread!

Legacy
09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I've suddenly become unbored:D. DIY :eek: Now what were you all saying about the eurozone, David Norris and Marty Mc, yes yes I'm listening now:D

See? My mother was right... "Bored"?, she'd say, "bored?", "I'll give you bored!" So anyway, did you hear the one about Gay Mitchell and the tighty whities? :D

jinnyjoe
10-10-2011, 08:04 PM
See? My mother was right... "Bored"?, she'd say, "bored?", "I'll give you bored!" So anyway, did you hear the one about Gay Mitchell and the tighty whities? :D

No pray tell me about Gay Mitchell and the tighty whities?

DCon
10-10-2011, 08:09 PM

better off bored, than being this guy!!

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/10/10/yikes-5/

jinnyjoe
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
better off bored, than being this guy!!

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/10/10/yikes-5/

Mary, Jesus and Joseph, I thought is was himself, after a stint with weight watchers. Uncanny resemblance.

Spectabilis
10-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Jinnyjoe. Forgive my saying this, but I am really bored with your boredom.The thread title just gets me down along with the three days of rain and gloom we have just endured.
Please help us out here and add some information to the current threads. It will do you a power of good and really lift the spirits of everyone else.

Ye gods, Gurdgiev is on Frontline. Go girl, go.

Legacy
11-10-2011, 08:13 AM
No pray tell me about Gay Mitchell and the tighty whities?

Its not true, it's not true, I tell you and I know nothing about the laundry he uses........ *using distracting techniques to avoid the subject of boredom* ....and on another point, did you know that if you put your ear to a strangers leg you can hear them saying 'what the **** are you doing?' Absolute fact

C. Flower
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Its not true, it's not true, I tell you and I know nothing about the laundry he uses........ *using distracting techniques to avoid the subject of boredom* ....and on another point, did you know that if you put your ear to a strangers leg you can hear them saying 'what the **** are you doing?' Absolute fact

:D:D

Binn Beal
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
My Ma used to say only boring people get bored.