PDA

View Full Version : Three Asian Men Killed By Car in Birmingham Riots

C. Flower
10-08-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/3-killed-by-car-in-riot-hit-birmingham-125758

Three very tragic deaths last night. Clearly there is a danger of inter-racial hostility. The family clearly don't want any such thing to happen. I have not read any details of the incident, or know if it was deliberate or not.

The failure of the police to protect premises from being burned out has inevitably led to community vigilanteism, which has been successful in some parts of London and Birmingham.

Three men died on Wednesday after being hit by a car during riots in the central English city of Birmingham, officials said, amid reports that they died while trying to protect their community from looters.

Police said they had arrested a man and launched a murder inquiry after the incident which happened at around 1:00 am as Britain's second biggest city suffered from another night of riots.

Paramedics said they found around 80 people at the scene after the men were hit by the car. Two of the men were pronounced dead at the scene and the third died later in hospital.

The BBC reported that the men who died had just come out of a mosque and were protecting their neighbourhood during the riots.

Around 200 people from Birmingham's Asian community gathered outside the hospital where the victims were taken and that riot police were also stationed here, the BBC reported.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/3-killed-by-car-in-riot-hit-birmingham-125758&cp

Buddha
10-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Saw one of the dead man's dad been interviewed on TV. Terrible sad. The poor young man was only 21. Hope it wasn't a racist crime, that'll just escalate the killings and injuries. Maybe it was an accident?

C. Flower
10-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Saw one of the dead man's dad been interviewed on TV. Terrible sad. The poor young man was only 21. Hope it wasn't a racist crime, that'll just escalate the killings and injuries. Maybe it was an accident?

It would be my hope, if that's the word for it, that someone just lost control of a car.

Very sad.

TotalMayhem
10-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Posted it this morning in the other thread already.

Clearly there is a danger of inter-racial hostility.

There have been clashes between Turks and African-British, EDL fascists and Muslims in London. Face up to the fact that multiculti is long dead.

C. Flower
10-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Posted it this morning in the other thread already.

There have been clashes between Turks and African-British, EDL fascists and Muslims in London. Face up to the fact that multiculti is long dead.

On the contrary, I know Britain well, and it has become strongly multi-cultural. There are huge numbers of mixed marriages, as well.

There are frictions and rows, but overall, British society has transformed in the last twenty years. That is not to say that it could not change. The Jewish population in Germany was very well integrated before the rise of fascism.

TotalMayhem
10-08-2011, 02:55 PM
On the contrary, I know Britain well, and it has become strongly multi-cultural.

David Cameron himself said, multiculturalism has failed, Muslims must integrate into British society. I trust, he knows Britain slightly better than you do...

Griska
10-08-2011, 02:57 PM
David Cameron himself said, multiculturalism has failed, Muslims must integrate into British society. I trust, he knows Britain slightly better than you do...

Big Dave knows a certain Britain that is almost exclusively white.

Kid Ryder
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Big Dave knows a certain Britain that is almost exclusively white.

And rich.

jmcc
10-08-2011, 04:25 PM
So Dave has a somewhat proprietorial interest in how things turn out?

There's a lot of jumping to conclusions without evidence. This is very much like the stuff that was floating around when Jean Charles de Menezes was shot. There were bloggers and forum posters coming out with all sorts of stuff which later turned out to have no basis in reality. There's the Fintan O'Toole tendency to handwring and whinge at the state, there's the Kevin Myers tendency to blame everyone. Somewhere in between, the truth gets lost.

Regards...jmcc

Iolo
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM

I am certain that he knows bugger all about the Country: his country is called Priviledge, and he has never left it to visit us oiks.

C. Flower
10-08-2011, 05:58 PM

He's got some cheek. It's the muslims who have been holding the line for "law and order" against the predations of the fruit of the anglo saxon hordes.

C. Flower
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
So Dave has a somewhat proprietorial interest in how things turn out?

There's a lot of jumping to conclusions without evidence. This is very much like the stuff that was floating around when Jean Charles de Menezes was shot. There were bloggers and forum posters coming out with all sorts of stuff which later turned out to have no basis in reality. There's the Fintan O'Toole tendency to handwring and whinge at the state, there's the Kevin Myers tendency to blame everyone. Somewhere in between, the truth gets lost.

Regards...jmcc

The truth as usual is complex, journalism is the last place to find it.

morticia
10-08-2011, 06:40 PM
He's got some cheek. It's the muslims who have been holding the line for "law and order" against the predations of the fruit of the anglo saxon hordes.

I'd noticed that....and the dignity of one of the fathers of the Brum 3 was impressive..."I'm a muslim, that was his fate, may Allah forgive him, forgive the perpetrators, that is all I want to say"...or something along those lines.

The three were trying to protect shop fronts from the looters, implication being that they were rammed by the car to get them out of the way?

The guy driving the car is being done for murder. Witness driving behind said the bodies were being flung into the air at quite some height, so the driver must have been really speeding.

There has also been a heartening response from Londoners saying that they don't have a community, they need to develop one...and residents of various areas going out on patrol to help keep order.

From what I've seen, the rioters seem fairly multiracial, but people from the Indian subcontinent seem somewhat underrepresented.

Baron von Biffo
10-08-2011, 07:02 PM
A down side to rioting! Who'd have seen that coming?

C. Flower
11-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Video of the vigil held last night at the place the three men were killed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2011/aug/11/birmingham-vigil-died-riot-video