PDA

View Full Version : Labour Party Will Reverse All Cuts Made By the HSE to Roscommon Hospital

C. Flower
14-07-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.labour.ie/johnkelly/news/129590849122278662.html#.ThoQbLc9Lek.facebook

Oh dear. Forgot to check the date....

Baron von Biffo
14-07-2011, 01:39 PM
The only thing Blue Labour will reverse is the commitments it made in the GE.

Sam Lord
14-07-2011, 02:33 PM
It is a real weakness of the system (one of many) that people can say what they like and promise what they like during an election campaign and then do the exact opposite when elected. There really should be a right of recall.

Newsy
14-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Forgive me, but I didn't know where else to put this point.

What came to light from the wikileaks on gilmore's stand on Lisborn 1 and what he conveyed to the US Embassy, has left me with a bitter taste.

Today, when he made the statement after meeting with the Vatican's rep., I wondered did he REALLY say all that he said he did......

Dr. FIVE
14-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Good point.
And one to keep in mind with this being a opportunity for Labour and indeed Gilmore to say the right things and claw back some cred.

Skrimshander
14-07-2011, 11:05 PM
It is a real weakness of the system (one of many) that people can say what they like and promise what they like during an election campaign and then do the exact opposite when elected. There really should be a right of recall.

there is a a right of re-call Sam, don't ya remember lisbon 2? :D

you are correct though... there should be a right to recall.. the only problem I see with it is that we d probably end up in a perpetual state of election

DCon
14-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Forgive me, but I didn't know where else to put this point.

What came to light from the wikileaks on gilmore's stand on Lisborn 1 and what he conveyed to the US Embassy, has left me with a bitter taste.

Today, when he made the statement after meeting with the Vatican's rep., I wondered did he REALLY say all that he said he did......

Gilmore is the worst kind of politician.

he would promise the world while stealing your granny's savings to boost his pension fund.

At least the FF kind were honest about their dishonesty

Skrimshander
14-07-2011, 11:18 PM
At least the FF kind were honest about their dishonesty

that maybe their next election campaign slogan