PDA

View Full Version : My daughter was murdered in Scotland - please sign the petition!

Guje
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Dear All.

December 4, 2005 my beloved daughter Annie from Sweden was found dead in Prestwick, Scotland. Ever since that day our family has tried to find out what happened to her, and due to the very strange circumstances that has come to light, we believe that Annie was the victim of a crime.

However the Strathclyde Police refuses to investigate Annie’s death as being the result of a crime. During this time we have also got to know of many other families treated in the same way by the Police. I now have handed in a petition to make a change for all of us.

This year a new unit has been created by Crown Office to look into current and future sudden and unexplained deaths. I therefore in my petition ask that the new unit shall also investigate past cases like my daughter’s and other’s.

Therefore to help all our families to get the answers about our loved ones, please sign the petition "Investigation of deaths in suspicious circumstances"! Use the link; http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/view_petition.asp?PetitionID=373

For further information about Annie´s case please see our web-site for Annie; http://www.annierockstar.com/

Thank you for your compassion and help! Guje Borgesson, Annie’s mother.

[email protected]

The photo is of Annie in Scotland.

truth.ie
07-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Sorry for your loss.
Not sure a petition will work against pig headed bureucracy.
Have you considered other options? Civil action? Private investigator? Media investigation?
Are you aware of the perpetrator of the crime?
Hope you find peace.

C. Flower
07-04-2010, 09:20 PM
You're welcome to post here Guje: I hope that you're successful in getting an investigation into your daughter's death.

truth.ie
07-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Try and get an effective journalist to look into your case.
Cops can bin petitions, they hate bad press though.

Lapsedmethodist
07-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello Mrs Borgesson..... I googled the case and found this:-

QUOTE:A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: "The death of Annie Borgesson was thoroughly investigated by Strathclyde Police and procurator-fiscal.

"The Crown Office was completely satisfied there were no suspicious circumstances.

"Miss Borgesson's mother has sat down with both the procurator-fiscal and the Crown Office and had all this explained to her."

A Crown Office spokeswoman last night said there were no plans for a fatal accident inquiry in to Annie's death. UNQUOTE

Could you - if you read this - tell us what it was the Procurator-Fiscal and the Crown Office " explained " to you ? I want to pass this on, that's why I ask.

C. Flower
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Hello Mrs Borgesson..... I googled the case and found this:-

QUOTE:A Strathclyde Police spokesman said: "The death of Annie Borgesson was thoroughly investigated by Strathclyde Police and procurator-fiscal.

"The Crown Office was completely satisfied there were no suspicious circumstances.

"Miss Borgesson's mother has sat down with both the procurator-fiscal and the Crown Office and had all this explained to her."

A Crown Office spokeswoman last night said there were no plans for a fatal accident inquiry in to Annie's death. UNQUOTE

Could you - if you read this - tell us what it was the Procurator-Fiscal and the Crown Office " explained " to you ? I want to pass this on, that's why I ask.

Your source, Lapsedmethodist -
http://scottishlaw.blogspot.com/2007/12/calls-for-inquiry-into-death-of-annie.html

An investigation is a small ask. It would now be done as a matter of course.

Guje
07-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Dear All.

Thank you for your compassion and support. To "Lapsedmethodist", the concluson that the Procurator and the Police was making when the pre investigation was closed down was that Annie could have died as a result from, a suicide, an accident or a crime, however since there are not enough evidence of a crime her death can not be investigated as such. Our opinion however is that are very many facts pointing in the direction that Annie was the victim of a crime. The pre investigation was closed after 11 months and the Crown Office is not releasing the documentation, nor all the test results to my family, since my daughter´s death is not concidered to be in "the public interest"(!). I therefore try to work with my daughter´s case on all levels that I can, and the petition is one, that could also help so many other families treated in the same way by Scottish authorities. Please read about the cases of Annie Davies and Kevin Mcleod at; http://www.asearchforjustice.co.uk/

Once again, thank you for careing, Guje, Annie´s mother.

Lapsedmethodist
07-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Dear All.

Thank you for your compassion and support. To "Lapsedmethodist", the concluson that the Procurator and the Police was making when the pre investigation was closed down was that Annie could have died as a result from, a suicide, an accident or a crime, however since there are not enough evidence of a crime her death can not be investigated as such. Our opinion however is that are very many facts pointing in the direction that Annie was the victim of a crime. The pre investigation was closed after 11 months and the Crown Office is not releasing the documentation, nor all the test results to my family, since my daughter´s death is not concidered to be in "the public interest"(!). I therefore try to work with my daughter´s case on all levels that I can, and the petition is one, that could also help so many other families treated in the same way by Scottish authorities. Please read about the cases of Annie Davies and Kevin Mcleod at; http://www.asearchforjustice.co.uk/

Once again, thank you for careing, Guje, Annie´s mother.

The next time I'm in Edinburgh I'll ask about the application of the Freedom of Information acts in Scottish Law. They seem to apply, and if so, why can't you get all the details?

Lá an Lúbáin
07-04-2010, 11:31 PM
It sounds, Guje, that you're really going to have to make an utter nuisance of yourself with all the authorities. Have you contacted the local MPs or councillors? Is there any legal action that can be taken? Do you have a Scotish lawyer? Have you contacted any of the other families who have lost love ones and are in the same position?

I do wish you luck in your search for answers.

toxic avenger
08-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Very sorry for your loss, Guje. Have you contacted Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish Justice Minister? He seems an honourable enough fellow, I can't imagine he wouldn't keep an open mind on this. It does seem odd that they could rule that it might have been suicide and yet rule out murder - doesn't make much sense.

People Korps
08-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Is there a way to compel them to release the info to you? I am thinking a High Court action against the Crown Solicitor. Do you have a legal representitive in Scotland?
If you sue the state they will be compelled to give you discovery of documnets if the judge so orders. this has more teeth than an FOI request but you would need legal advice to see if it were possible. It all sounds a bit funny but someone on here with knowledge of Northern Ireland cases might be able to advise.

toxic avenger
08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Perhaps this should be moved to another forum where it will be visible to lurkers? More people can then choose to look into this if they so decide...

C. Flower
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
It will be done. Europe, I suppose.

toxic avenger
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
It will be done. Europe, I suppose.

Thanks cactus.

Guje
15-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Dear All.

My petition "Investigation of deaths in suspicious circumstances" to the Scottish Parliament for my daughter Annie and other cases of suspicious deaths has now gathered more than 2400 signatures from 51 countries. THANK YOU for making this possible!

For you reading this who have not yet signed, please support the petition with your signature to raise the number of signatures even more before the closing date 4 June. Signatures from all countries are welcome.

Link to the petition;
http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/view_petition.asp?PetitionID=373

Thank you for your help! Kind regards, Guje, mother of Annie Borjesson,

www.annierockstar.com
[email protected]

The photo of 51 flags from supporting countries