PDA

View Full Version : Bertie's chauffeur-driven Merc clocks up €175,600 travel bill

greengoose
06-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Some of the bad value for the gombeens who did the state - some service!

Why do these political criminals merit these after service perks when the mess they made is ruining the country?

Courtesy of the Indo (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/berties-chauffeurdriven-merc-clocks-up-8364175600-travel-bill-2126292.html)

Last week, the second-longest serving Taoiseach in the history of the State, spent just 12 minutes in the Dail on the day the taxpayer heard that an additional €30bn was needed to keep our crisis-hit banking sector afloat. Within minutes of Finance Minister Brian Lenihan beginning to explain how he was going to tackle our economic problems, Mr Ahern left the chamber.

He once stated: "I'm not interested in wealth. Anyone who knows me knows this is true ... I associate wealth with trouble and I don't really need that.

DCon
06-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Albert Reynolds:

"Didn't I make enough money for them when I was there? I'm worth more to them than that,"

This, in relation to whether he would consider giving up the car.

ang
06-04-2010, 08:35 AM
So we paid for him to travel around the country promoting a book, that has been exempted from tax.

Contempt is all that man has for this nation. We are here only for the purpose of providing an income for his party and their cronies.

greengoose
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
So we paid for him to travel around the country promoting a book, that has been exempted from tax.

Contempt is all that man has for this nation. We are here only for the purpose of providing an income for his party and their cronies.

Maybe the 12 minutes he spent in the Dail was when the car was off the road.Sadly the contempt will manifest itself otherwise when the fools meet de man in de pub and want their pitcher took ...

ang
06-04-2010, 08:47 AM
So true greengoose. I so despair at what we have allowed ourselves as a Nation to become.

greengoose
06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
So true greengoose. I so despair at what we have allowed ourselves as a Nation to become.
I think the word is SUBSERVIENT.

DCon
06-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I think the word is SUBSERVIENT.

It is no exaggeration to call this feudal. Medieval lords exacted food and money from their vassals. They called it “coign and livery”. We call it “Nama and recapitalisation”. Why would anyone who can do otherwise choose to donate about five or six hours of free labour every week for 10 years to the banks?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0406/1224267752939.html

ang
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0406/1224267752939.html

That article deserves a thread of it's own Dcon.

DCon
06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
That article deserves a thread of it's own Dcon.

done

Digout
06-04-2010, 06:19 PM
This traitor should be hung.

C. Flower
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Personally, I'm against bringing back the death penalty. Somehow it always seems to be used on people with low incomes.

ZANU-FF
06-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Personally, I'm against bringing back the death penalty. Somehow it always seems to be used on people with low incomes.

PB Ahern, Seanie, David Drumm, Patrick Neary, Cowen et al will be on zero incomes when they are executed

furthermore any assets they have will be seized by the State.

the benchmark for treason will serve to keep future generations on the straight and narrow

Garland Names the Planets
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM
PB Ahern, Seanie, David Drumm, Patrick Neary, Cowen et al will be on zero incomes when they are executed

furthermore any assets they have will be seized by the State.

the benchmark for treason will serve to keep future generations on the straight and narrow
Oh shut up. Applying what we have in the brain department is what's needed. Not hysterical demagogues carrying slogans and catchphrases

ZANU-FF
06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Oh shut up. Applying what we have in the brain department is what's needed. Not hysterical demagogues carrying slogans and catchphrases

those not with us are against us.

Garland Names the Planets
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
those not with us are against us.

If you say so Anakin Skywalker