PDA

View Full Version : Bomb In Crossmaglen

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
As if on cue following on from Cáthasaigh's post

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=802

a bomb has been left outside Crossmaglen policice station.

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=802

As I said - as time passes and nationalists do not get more equality they will turn more and more to the gun.

mutley
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
You have to laugh at this

http://leargas.blogspot.com/

I am not a militarist and I never have been but without the IRA the nationalist people of this state would still be on our knees.

We would still be second class citizens.

Its amazing how many people fall for this crap!

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
You have to laugh at this

http://leargas.blogspot.com/

Its amazing how many people fall for this crap!
Historical revisionism at it's purest.

C. Flower
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
The GFA was a top down exercise. I just couldn't see how that could work. None of the issues went away. Same kind of thing as the Act of Union. Plenty of inducements.

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Did you read Tom McGuirk in the SBP?

C. Flower
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Did you read Tom McGuirk in the SBP?

I'm still catching up on the Sundays. Which page, please ?

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Historical revisionism at it's purest.

But why do people believe Gerry when he rewrites history and tells people that the struggle was for jobs and equality etc.

Is is because as Moss thinks that the SF voter is a young voter, that has grown up in a trouble free zone?

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm still catching up on the Sundays. Which page, please ?

Page 18

Also look at the photo - is that Connolly House? Times were grim in that decade was it that grim?

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:38 PM
But why do people believe Gerry when he rewrites history and tells people that the struggle was for jobs and equality etc.

Is is because as Moss thinks that the SF voter is a young voter, that has grown up in a trouble free zone?
It's a bit of that, and also a bit of playing the sectarian card.
"We're Ministers lording it up with the Unionists"
Fact is, there was also widespread poverty in working class Protestant areas in the 60s and 70s, as there was in Dublin, Newcastle or Glasgow.. The quality of life for the working class has improved slightly everywhere in Europe. It's only the Provos who feel they actually deserve credit for this, and try to rewrite history to hide their defeat.
The Struggle was never about Civil Rights within the Union. That wasn't even the SDLP's aim.

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:50 PM
It's a bit of that, and also a bit of playing the sectarian card.
"We're Ministers lording it up with the Unionists"
Fact is, there was also widespread poverty in working class Protestant areas in the 60s and 70s, as there was in Dublin, Newcastle or Glasgow.. The quality of life for the working class has improved slightly everywhere in Europe. It's only the Provos who feel they actually deserve credit for this, and try to rewrite history to hide their defeat.
The Struggle was never about Civil Rights within the Union. That wasn't even the SDLP's aim.

Yet in the same breath Gerry will play the Sectarian card in another way.
Those bad Unionists, won't even share a lift with me in Stormont, boo hoo, and the people that vote for him don't ask the relevant question, if Unionists won't share a lift with a Shinner, then how the **** does a power sharing government work?

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Yet in the same breath Gerry will play the Sectarian card in another way.
Those bad Unionists, won't even share a lift with me in Stormont, boo hoo, and the people that vote for him don't ask the relevant question, if Unionists won't share a lift with a Shinner, then how the **** does a power sharing government work?

It doesn't - hence Hillsborough and the fudge there which will lead to more problems

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
It doesn't - hence Hillsborough and the fudge there which will lead to more problems

I know it doesn't work, the people who vote for SF either like fudge or they don't give a feck

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I know it doesn't work, the people who vote for SF either like fudge or they don't give a feck

At the moment it will do - once they get fed up then more hassle