PDA

View Full Version : The Bloody Rise of the Dissident IRA

Cáthasaigh
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Sinn Féin, while still electorally strong, has no influence over dissident nationalists, who are finding renewed support in traditional republican communities, writes Suzanne Breen (http://www.tribune.ie/news/article/2010/apr/04/the-bloody-rise-of-the-dissident-ira/)

Superb and informative article here in the Tribune, still head and shoulders among their media peers.

As well as the growing organisational effectiveness of armed militants there is a strengthening opposition to collaborationism amongst the general Repubilcan population.

Here in East Tyrone Republican societies have formed in the last 12 months in areas that were once provisional strongholds such as Dungannon where you have the Clarke society and Galbally where you have the Pearse society. These groups hold functions and political lectures which provide solidarity and focus for Republicans.

Republicanism is resurgent and gaining in strength and confidence; armed militancy is but one facet of Republicanism and it wrongly receives the most attention due to the demonising manner in which the media manipulates it's coverage.

Dagger John
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I too suspect that as the British refuse to surrender their murderers from the ranks of the FRU, UDR, RUC et cetera the people will become more frustrated.

The people in the north and south both were sold a pup on the GFA, I thankfully for my conscience voted against, and when they become increasingly aware of this so SF will lose support.

Unfortunately they are likely to move towards the extremes as the mainstream parties have been too busy congratulating themselves on pacifying the northern clans to see the obvious.

mutley
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
ONH has made huge advances in developing under-car booby trap bombs. The 250lb Real IRA bomb, which exploded outside Newry courthouse last month, shows a bomb-maker in that organisation has finally got "the mix" right for home-made devices. Sources say ONH is against the use of such car or van bombs because of the risk to civilians if warnings go wrong.

The bomb at Newry Courthouse was thankfully a totally crap bomb, that caused little or no damage, people were still in their houses beside it, cars drove past it, people were drinking in a pub accross the road when it went of.
If they had of got the mix right, many people would have been killed and injured that night, due to the bomb and the lack of Police Resouces in Newry that night.

You would also wonder, why a Chinese National would have much interest in Freeing Ireland, Appearently one was arressted in connection with the bombing

RosaLuxembourg
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
The British harresment of non-physical force Republicans and the fact that PSF's betrayal and lies is plain to anybody but the psychotic can only have certain results.

RosaLuxembourg
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
You would also wonder, why a Chinese National would have much interest in Freeing Ireland, Appearently one was arressted in connection with the bombing

Anti-Imperialism?

The most militantly pro-Irish Republican poster on revleft is ethnic Chinese living in I think in Canada, very bright and basically sober guy.

English people were IRA volunteers.

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
The bomb at Newry Courthouse was thankfully a totally crap bomb, that caused little or no damage, people were still in their houses beside it, cars drove past it, people were drinking in a pub accross the road when it went of.
If they had of got the mix right, many people would have been killed and injured that night, due to the bomb and the lack of Police Resouces in Newry that night.

An Iranian was arrested and charged in Derry with RIRA offences a year or two ago.
Americans, English, Scottish, and recently Malaysians have been aleged of aiding the Republican struggle. It's open to all races and religions.
The real wonder is why an Irish citizen would collude with the British State in the partition of his/her own country.
thats the real wonder you should be asking Mutley.

C. Flower
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
The British harresment of non-physical force Republicans and the fact that PSF's betrayal and lies is plain to anybody but the psychotic can only have certain results.

This is yet another piece of press that appears to suggest that its impossible to be opposed to the GFA / Sinn Fein without being a bloodthirsty thug.

I' m not 100% sure what you're saying here RosaLuxembourg. Would you clarify ?

What do you mean by "certain results" ?

mutley
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
An Iranian was arrested and charged in Derry with RIRA offences a year or two ago.
Americans, English, Scottish, and recently Malaysians have been aleged of aiding the Republican struggle. It's open to all races and religions.
The real wonder is why an Irish citizen would collude with the British State in the partition of his/her own country.
thats the real wonder you should be asking Mutley.

Who is the Irish citizen you are referring to?

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Who is the Irish citizen you are referring to?
No one in particular.
Those Irish in Stormont, the PSNI, the British Army...etc

RosaLuxembourg
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I' m not 100% sure what you're saying here RosaLuxembourg. Would you clarify ?

What do you mean by "certain results" ?

I mean that if you are constantly hassled and harressed for engaging in democratic activity it could easily push you towards supporting the Real or Continuity IRAs.

C. Flower
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I mean that if you are constantly hassled and harressed for engaging in democratic activity it could easily push you towards supporting the Real or Continuity IRAs.

My guess would be that that's the intention.

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:15 PM
My guess would be that that's the intention.
I'd disagree. It's due to blanket descriptions of what defines a "dissident Republican" by the media, politicians etc.
Suzanne Breen was labelled a "dissident Journalist" by a Crown Minister and arrested within weeks by the PSNI.
Eirigi is harrassed repeatedly, as the cops on the ground haven't a clue about intricate Republican ideologies. It's also about trying to scare kids from joining up, and hence stunt it's growth.

Political policing to defend the Status Quo.

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
No one in particular.
Those Irish in Stormont, the PSNI, the British Army...etc

It all boils down to the same thing Truth..... a Realisation that the British will never be forced to leave the North, an acceptance of Defeat, and a decision to make the best of the reality that we live in, instead of fighting it.
So for the Irish sitting in Stormont, its about having power, and being a big fish in a small pond.
For the Irish in the PSNI, its for the same reasons that people join the Police, the world over
For the Irish in the British Army - I haven't a clue

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:24 PM
It all boils down to the same thing Truth..... a Realisation that the British will never be forced to leave the North, an acceptance of Defeat, and a decision to make the best of the reality that we live in, instead of fighting it.
So for the Irish sitting in Stormont, its about having power, and being a big fish in a small pond.
For the Irish in the PSNI, its for the same reasons that people join the Police, the world over
For the Irish in the British Army - I haven't a clue
Funny, I see MONEY behind all three choices.

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Funny, I see MONEY behind all three choices.

People will see what they want to see
Does the BA pay much?

truth.ie
04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
People will see what they want to see
Does the BA pay much?
You mean does it pay better than 50 quid a week on the dole? Yes.

Cáthasaigh
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I'd disagree. It's due to blanket descriptions of what defines a "dissident Republican" by the media, politicians etc.
Suzanne Breen was labelled a "dissident Journalist" by a Crown Minister and arrested within weeks by the PSNI.
Eirigi is harrassed repeatedly, as the cops on the ground haven't a clue about intricate Republican ideologies. It's also about trying to scare kids from joining up, and hence stunt it's growth.

Political policing to defend the Status Quo.

The shinners are also quite adept with the 'dissident' smear also as was evidenced by Francie Molloy's disgraceful attempts to smear the families of fallen IRA Volunteers in Tyrone. I've experienced similar treatment myself at the hands of shinner mouthpieces but then if they feel the need to lie about you then you must be doing something right.

mutley
04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
You mean does it pay better than 50 quid a week on the dole? Yes.

Every job pays more than £50 a week on the dole