PDA

View Full Version : No change in the support for the main parties....

Xray
27-02-2010, 07:57 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0227/poll.html

Has everything canceled everything else out?

I think this is good news for Kenny to be honest.

I wonder if in a election the %s will be significantly different. Many people who never vote will surely become motivated.

mutley
27-02-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0227/poll.html

Has everything canceled everything else out?

I think this is good news for Kenny to be honest.

I wonder if in a election the %s will be significantly different. Many people who never vote will surely become motivated.

I would have thought there will be voter apathy on a large scale at the next GE

Xray
27-02-2010, 10:19 PM
I would have thought there will be voter apathy on a large scale at the next GE

Anyone who displays apathy deserves what they get.

Don't vote out of anger, but not to vote because you are not arsed is unforgivable. Pick someone and vote for them, if you don't like any of them make sure someone else runs.

This Republic is better than what we have representing it currently.

mutley
27-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Anyone who displays apathy deserves what they get.

Don't vote out of anger, but not to vote because you are not arsed is unforgivable. Pick someone and vote for them, if you don't like any of them make sure someone else runs.

This Republic is better than what we have representing it currently.

I wasn't suggesting that apathy was because people could not be arsed, but because of a lack of any decent party

How would you make sure someone else runs?

5intheface
27-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I wasn't suggesting that apathy was because people could not be arsed, but because of a lack of any decent party

That's the problem. In the last euros, I quite simply had no one to vote for and had to spoil the paper.

My choices were Bairbre, Diane, Alban or one of the Jims, Allister or Nicholson. The latter had the slogan, 'vote for change' even though he's been MEP for 22 years! Alliance's happy camper moved to the Torys days later and the Green candidate joined in the 'God Save The Queen' nonsesnse at the count. That is a serious lack of quality.

mutley
27-02-2010, 10:34 PM
That's the problem. In the last euros, I quite simply had no one to vote for and had to spoil the paper.

My choices were Bairbre, Diane, Alban or one of the Jims, Allister or Nicholson. The latter had the slogan, 'vote for change' even though he's been MEP for 22 years! Alliance's happy camper moved to the Torys days later and the Green candidate joined in the 'God Save The Queen' nonsesnse at the count. That is a serious lack of quality.

Tell me about it I voted stoop and will do so again

I just can't understand why there has not be the emergance of a New Political Party North or South to take advantage of Voter anger and Dissatisfaction.

mutley
27-02-2010, 10:38 PM

At least in the UK people can show their upset at Labours immigration by voting BNP.

I know the BNP are hateful scum, but the electorate get the opportunity to send the Govt a message.

5intheface
27-02-2010, 10:39 PM
McCann was always a good protest vote but I guess even he was tired of the entire charade.

C. Flower
27-02-2010, 11:05 PM
None of these parties know what is going to happen, or what to do, except for getting themselves into the lifeboats.

Fianna Fáil is still on 27%, Fine Gael on 34%, Labour on 17% and the Greens on 5%.Advertisement

The only slight change is a one point gain by Sinn Féin to 9% at the expense of Independents and Others, down one to 8%.
Given the recent focus on Enda Kenny's leadership of Fine Gael, Red C also asked people if they would be more likely to vote for the party if he was no longer leader - 43% said yes, 35% said no, while 22% did not know.
The poll also asked if the Green Party should leave government - 45% said they should, 35% that they should not and 20%.

It appears a majority want a general election. How does that stack up with the recent poll result which suggested most wanted a coalition ?

Xray
28-02-2010, 12:29 AM

u run

In the locals I had FF, FG or an indo that had fallen out with one of the above on the paper. Now if you were a pissed over ex-ffer what would you do?

I cant vote ff, wont vote fg so am left with some arsehole.

That's democracy is it?
We have life and death issues here to sort out, and serious intelligent people all over the place. Not one of them would sully themselves entering politics.

Something has to change there. I have seen all of these guys in action up close. There is no magic to it. We need to stop behaving like peasants and step up to the plate. I am no TD or councilor in waiting, but I see plenty about the place that could do a fine job.

C. Flower
28-02-2010, 12:47 AM
u run

In the locals I had FF, FG or an indo that had fallen out with one of the above on the paper. Now if you were a pissed over ex-ffer what would you do?

I cant vote ff, wont vote fg so am left with some arsehole.

That's democracy is it?
We have life and death issues here to sort out, and serious intelligent people all over the place. Not one of them would sully themselves entering politics.

Something has to change there. I have seen all of these guys in action up close. There is no magic to it. We need to stop behaving like peasants and step up to the plate. I am no TD or councilor in waiting, but I see plenty about the place that could do a fine job.

Nobody is perfect. It takes brass neck or real passion to go into public politics and face the risk of exposure of any flaw, as Sargent did.

I just saw this funny poll on the BreakingNews site on the portal -
The question was is Jerry Beades right, and should the 6 members of the cabinet he named be sacked. Here are the results.

Thank you for voting!

No, they are all doing a good job. 5% (30 votes)
No, they should all be sacked. 46% (285 votes)
Yes. 45% (281 votes)
Don't know. 4% (25 votes)
Total Votes: 621

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/#ixzz0gmqQ96x2

LOL: but really...

C. Flower
28-02-2010, 01:47 PM
A Quantum poll published today says that up to 82% of people believe that the Green Party and Fianna Fáil no longer trust each other, according to today's Sunday Independent.

Four out of five people say that the Coalition is a dysfunctional and broken relationship, while 54% of people say they would like to see a General Election before the summer.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/poll-most-believe-coalition-is-dysfunctional-448063.html#ixzz0gq1UWzGF

A General Election is coming.

Xray
28-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I think much of these polls are meaningless. When the next election is called people will focus again on what they want. I suspect a large vote for change will come about and I also think that the Labour party will do far better than people think. If FG are going to be in power, people will want as many Labour TDs there as possible. Many FFers will vote Labour for that reason.