PDA

View Full Version : Selective Choosing of Delegates to Conference? (Live Stream Link to Labour Party Conference)

Buddha
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I wondered why I was not sent an invitation to attend a branch or constituency meeting re Today's Conference. I was upset, very upset, that delegates were only invited, but not to get an invite to decide on the delegate? So, I emailed around as I said yesterday, and yep, you guessed it. I'm not alone. So what is going on?

So then I asked someone in high office if Observers from the party could attend. NO!

Any other Labour party members on site? I could not have attended the conference of course, but that is not the point, is it? Now we know why, don't we?

From an ex member of the Labour Party.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
This sounds unhealthy.

The Conference will be live streamed here.

http://www.labour.ie/

If I was a Labour Party member and within reach, I would be down there in UCD to ask why it was organised in this way.

Baron von Biffo
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I wondered why I was not sent an invitation to attend a branch or constituency meeting re Today's Conference. I was upset, very upset, that delegates were only invited, but not to get an invite to decide on the delegate? So, I emailed around as I said yesterday, and yep, you guessed it. I'm not alone. So what is going on?

So then I asked someone in high office if Observers from the party could attend. NO!

Any other Labour party members on site? I could not have attended the conference of course, but that is not the point, is it? Now we know why, don't we?

From an ex member of the Labour Party.

Didn't you say elsewhere that you were supporting SF in this GE?

Buddha
06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Didn't you say elsewhere that you were supporting SF in this GE?

I did, but then I couldn't Baron, when it came to it. Jean McConville et all praying on my mind. Still a Member of Labour, but I will now officially resign.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:14 PM
It's started. Link to the livestream in post 2.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:43 PM
"A jobs budget in the first 100 days" - tax cuts

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:45 PM
3 billion cuts next year and then a review.

Is Labour allowing itself walking room if things go wrong on them ?

No reduction in Social Welfare.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:49 PM
No more transfers to NAMA.

Distressed mortgages - "nobody in this recession will lose their house or be put out of their home" MABs to have statutory authority to renegotiate loans.
18,000-21,000 jobs to go initially, no compulsory redundancies, followed by another 5,000.

Universal social charge will be reviewed.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
No graduate tax for students.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Labour claims its health policy for a single tier health system will be implemented.

TotalMayhem
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Labour claims its health policy for a single tier health system will be implemented.

Any word from Messrs Varadkar and Reilly on this claim? :D

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 04:46 PM
The debate is still going on as a series of impassioned and not very informative five minute speeches. People have had very little time to look at the document.

Very few people have spoken about privatisation. More "anti" speakers have spoken in term of Labour Party strategy - should they hold on to try for a Labour led government in the 32nd Dail, or should they modify the FG actions now. A few people have held out the spectre of what has happened to the Lib Dems in their coalition with the Tories.

Very few have referred to the banks, and I don't get the feeling that there is any willingness to face the reality of how serious the economic conditions are.

Proinsias de Rossa spoke in favour.

Kid Ryder
06-03-2011, 04:49 PM
The debate is still going on as a series of impassioned and not very informative five minute speeches. People have had very little time to look at the document.

Very few people have spoken about privatisation. More "anti" speakers have spoken in term of Labour Party strategy - should they hold on to try for a Labour led government in the 32nd Dail, or should they modify the FG actions now. A few people have held out the spectre of what has happened to the Lib Dems in their coalition with the Tories.

Very few have referred to the banks, and I don't get the feeling that there is any willingness to face the reality of how serious the economic conditions are.

I thought he said he was agin' coalition earlier this week?:confused:

Digger Out
06-03-2011, 04:51 PM

De Rossa said two days ago that Labour should stay out. What type of man is he ? Maybe sees which way the wind is blowing.

C. Flower
06-03-2011, 05:00 PM
"Carried by an overwhelming majority"

TotalMayhem
06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Snouts to the trough seems to be the motto of the day.

Kid Ryder
06-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Democratic Centralism in action. You can take the man out of the Sticks...

Buddha
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Democratic Centralism in action. You can take the man out of the Sticks...

Well, that's that then. If we can believe what we hear Labour will perform the Miracle of the Loaves and Fishes, whilst Fine Gael will play Bad Boys.

What a load of bad word bad word.

So the bond holders bless them can now relax, as the bankers go skipping off to the Caymen Islands to ensure their bonuses for wrecking Ireland's banks are safe in foreign banks, and the poor T.D.s who gave the whole of their lives for the public good can rest on their mounds of euros, knowing that as long as they live they will be wealthy. I love a good fairy story, only problem is, I kinda feel sorry for us, the wicked witches. There are so many of us, and I can't really remember doing anything really wicked........