PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT give away our Natural Resources for FREE!!!

RealityIreland
24-02-2011, 02:46 PM
We have organised an event in Castlebar on Monday 28th Feb at 7:30pm to tackle the very serious issue of our natural resources being given away for next to nothing!
If you are able to attend please do so. All the details can be found at the website... www.realityireland.com
Until people know the FACTS, we will not be able to change this.

RealityIreland
24-02-2011, 02:54 PM
If anyone is in Mayo on Monday the 28th Feb, I would ask you please to come along to the following event... 'Ending the Recession... we have options!'
All the details are on the website... www.realityireland.com
Until people know all the facts we are not going to be able to reverse this.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reality-Ireland/183654648339594

Ah Well
24-02-2011, 03:32 PM
<Mod AW> Threads have been merged - event on same date

2wheels
28-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm just being curious here, but is this grouping interested in just our oil and gas, we also have abundant fisheries...forestry...and solid minerals and is there a plan to do some kind of countrywide talks ? Is it an independant group or just under the umbrella of "shell to sea"

Junius
09-03-2011, 07:53 AM
We have organised an event in Castlebar on Monday 28th Feb at 7:30pm to tackle the very serious issue of our natural resources being given away for next to nothing!
If you are able to attend please do so. All the details can be found at the website... www.realityireland.com
Until people know the FACTS, we will not be able to change this.

How did it go in Castlebar? Never heard anything about it?

MauriceColgan
09-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Forestry in Ireland should be accelerated. There is a growing shortage of timber for furniture because of it's use as a fuel.

Junius
09-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Forestry in Ireland should be accelerated. There is a growing shortage of timber for furniture because of it's use as a fuel.

I've always tried to encourage the planting of native species. Bare rooted trees like oaks, ash etc... can be bought for as little as 50 cents from garden centres around the country (for REPS purposes I think but nothing to stop ordinary folk from buying them). Maybe Maurice you could purchase one or two and instead of pansies, plant a mighty oak for posterity in your garden?

MauriceColgan
09-03-2011, 03:19 PM
We already have Irish oaks growing in our garden and a fine Irish Yew close by.

The pansies I plant in and outside our garden are for all the neighbourhood to enjoy. Passers by stop to photograph these 'plantations'.

What do you plant around your many properties?