PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Group lobbying FF ministers to reverse court decision

Digout
30-03-2010, 04:01 PM
This is getting interesting, Sean Quinn has written to ministers complaining about the administrator being appointed.

johnfás
30-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Won't happen in a million years... it would precipitate the resignation of the financial regulator and a further significant decline in our regulatory credibility. He can kick and scream all he likes, if they'd run the company properly it wouldn't have happened.

C. Flower
30-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Won't happen in a million years... it would precipitate the resignation of the financial regulator and a further significant decline in our regulatory credibility. He can kick and scream all he likes, if they'd run the company properly it wouldn't have happened.

There is going to be an enquiry, I understand, and we may then know about the running of the company. A lot of companies have gone bust in the last year around the world. I no more believe that in every case it was because they were badly run than I think that all companies that grew in the boom were run by geniuses.

Bertie Basher
30-03-2010, 04:26 PM
is this man still in the galway tent...

he should be done for lobbying FF alone on this.

Unbelievable...

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Well if I was the regulator involved Mr Quinn would be regretting appealing over my head in fairly short order.

Things must be getting desperate alright because in terms of a Fianna Fail modus operandi Quinne should have had a word in the corner of some gloomy bar with the Minister.

The fact that he has had to send letters out says to me that the unofficial communication lines are closing ...

MPB
30-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Quinn is running scared.

It is not long ago he was fined by the Financial Regulator and banned from being a director of his company, for lending money to one arm of his company from another.

Anybody ever visit his quarry up in Ballyconnell? It looks like something you would see in North Korea, the whole landscape is covered in white dust.

C. Flower
30-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Quinn is running scared.

It is not long ago he was fined by the Financial Regulator and banned from being a director of his company, for lending money to one arm of his company from another.

Anybody ever visit his quarry up in Ballyconnell? It looks like something you would see in North Korea, the whole landscape is covered in white dust.

I know that part of the world a bit. Big big scary looking new houses.

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Yea, cutting civil servants pay, guards pay, regulators pay, calling them scum etc and then giving them enhanced powers to go seeking the causes of our downfall has interesting outcomes :D

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:37 PM
MDF McMansions? All with names like 'Victoria', 'The Grange' or 'Mount(something, anything english)?;)

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:40 PM
MDF McMansions? All with names like 'Victoria', 'The Grange' or 'Mount(something, anything english)?;)

Mount joy?:rolleyes:

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I wish ... although we all know that if any white-collars get felt they'll end up doing community service at the 19th hole in the K Club.

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:42 PM
I wish ... although we all know that if any white-collars get felt they'll end up doing community service at the 19th hole in the K Club.

I am not so sure about, the Judges have had the pay cut too in most cases.

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh ... that mean it'll be their round at the 19th hole at the K Club then;)

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:46 PM
given the hit prison wardens have taken in the last few years I don't think they will be getting the flush toilet either.

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:53 PM
I'd be amazed if any major name connected to NAMA or FF ever sees the inside of a cell. There may be one too stupid to have had the 'lads' at Anglo make the loan 'non-recourse' so that one will be the fall guy.

Then there'll be the tearful wife in the paper saying things like 'We can't afford Gstaad any more. The best we can do is a chalet on the Italian side. I don't think I can TAKE any more of this poverty. Besides, its only a first offense and a billion is nothing these days. Oh the poor childer embarrassed by all this harassment in the financial press.'

Etc etc etc. All accompanied by sympathetic moo-ing from the Independent and RTE.

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I'd be amazed if any major name connected to NAMA or FF ever sees the inside of a cell. There may be one too stupid to have had the 'lads' at Anglo make the loan 'non-recourse' so that one will be the fall guy.

Then there'll be the tearful wife in the paper saying things like 'We can't afford Gstaad any more. The best we can do is a chalet on the Italian side. I don't think I can TAKE any more of this poverty. Besides, its only a first offense and a billion is nothing these days. Oh the poor childer embarrassed by all this harassment in the financial press.'

Etc etc etc. All accompanied by sympathetic moo-ing from the Independent and RTE.

Brilliant :o

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:56 PM
It would be worth doing a bit of time if you got to share a cell with one :D

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd bloody well pay good money to share a cell with a senior Fianna Failer.