PDA

View Full Version : Irish Human Rights Commission - John Paul Centre, Ballybane, Co. Galway

C. Flower
30-03-2010, 02:19 PM
http://m.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0330/1224267345849.html?via=news

The HRC has published a report today that says that people in HSE funded care, some provided by the Brothers of Charity, have lacked basic care and services.

People with Intellectual Disabilities don't even have the right to speak for themselves in Court in Ireland.

This isn't a matter of money, its a matter of what we find an acceptable standard for ourselves and our families.

At present residential centres for more than 8,000 adults and 400 children with disabilities in State-funded care are uninspected and unregulated by the State.

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I know. I've been worried about conditions in the Oireachtas for some time ... seriously though there is absolutely no excuse for these institutions to be unregulated at this point in time.

Xray
30-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I know. I've been worried about conditions in the Oireachtas for some time ... seriously though there is absolutely no excuse for these institutions to be unregulated at this point in time.

Almost none of these people vote or make spending decisions, how can they expect to have any rights as humans?

Captain Con O'Sullivan
30-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Its an Irish specialty, Ignore the hell out of any citizen who can't vote for you ... didn't a TD actually say that last year? That there was 'no votes in' getting a school sorted out somewhere in North Cork?

Then again we're talking about one of the few Republlics that refuses to countenance giving the vote to citizens abroad. But thats because FF regard the diaspora as an expendable asset who can't hit back once they've emigrated. Which is why FF would fight tooth and nail to prevent any of the diaspora getting the vote. They know damn well there's few FF votes among the diaspora.

I hear Micky Martin will be going on a begging bowl tour looking to bum money off the diaspora as well shortly ... he should be sent packing with only one message ringing in his ears- 'Get Us The Vote'.