PDA

View Full Version : HSE to get second rate boss.

Baron von Biffo
26-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Just announced on RTE news, the preferred candidate to succeed Drumm in the HSE has withdrawn his name because he couldn't get commitments on funding and staff levels. The post will now be offered to one of the second rate contenders.

C. Flower
26-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Isn't this the second time this has happened ?

PaddyJoe
26-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I wonder if the salary and potential bonuses have been scaled back? The new start will hardly be expecting the kind of 70k top up that Brendan Drumn got.

Xray
27-03-2010, 09:35 AM
His cancer thing was dreadful anyway, so I am not sorry to see the back of him.
The frightening thing is he stepped out over the plans for cuts to staffing in the medium term. We are going to get a slash and burn job here like never before.
Harney is the one that really needs to go.
Trying to minimise the damage caused by a severely reduced budget will require the maximum support of staff, Harney will never get it.

ang
27-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Dismissing calls for her resignation, Ms Harney said her responsibility was to make policy and oversee its implementation.

As Health Minister she had a duty to ensure appropriate standards were in place and said huge improvements had been made in the public health system in the last five years.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/only-in-ireland-would-i-be-blamed-for-x-ray-error-115694.html#ixzz0jMxuzZn8

So quite clearly nothing in her brief for improving standard of care or saving lives. It's all about her poilicies.

C. Flower
27-03-2010, 10:19 AM
So quite clearly nothing in her brief for improving standard of care or saving lives. It's all about her poilicies.

Which are mainly about privatisation.

Xray
27-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Even her flawed privatisation policy has not been implemented. I would rather we had additional real private beds than none at all. Its all plans and aspiration with Harney, she never ever delivers anything. You could be forgiven for thinking she came into government last year listening to her. You would also think capacity had increased not decreased under her guidance. A universal system is a must ASAP, it would drive efficiency, fairness and quality control. If she has a current plan I am unaware of it, everyone knows co-location(whereby the great and the good of development and banking provide our health needs) is not going to ever happen.
The fact that her poster boy Keane has also now effectively said he is a non believer is damning beyond repair.