PDA

View Full Version : Late Late With Gilmore

Mick Tully
13-11-2010, 12:15 AM
The questions Gilmore should have been asked when he told us he joined OSF in the early seventies or there abouts he didn't say.
What did he think of his colleagues printing their own money.
His connections with North Korea and other extreme states.
Bank robberies carried out by the OIRA.
The bombing of Aldershot Barracks in which 2 women cleaners died.
When did the OIRA cease hostilities.
Where did the funds come from to finance to start the DL. :eek:

Sam Lord
13-11-2010, 01:46 AM
The questions Gilmore should have been asked when he told us he joined OSF in the early seventies or there abouts he didn't say.
What did he think of his colleagues printing their own money.
His connections with North Korea and other extreme states.
Bank robberies carried out by the OIRA.
The bombing of Aldershot Barracks in which 2 women cleaners died.
When did the OIRA cease hostilities.
Where did the funds come from to finance to start the DL. :eek:

He wasn't asked probably because no one really cares. You are talking about Ireland after all. It is the norm and not some abberation. All the mainstream political parties came out of the Republican movement. Well, apart from Labour that is ... and you know what happened there judging by your questions.

Personally, however, I think he should be straight and say I did this at this point for these reasons. When they are deceitful on the basic questions people tend to say ... well he is covering that up for a vote ...what else would he do do for a vote?

C. Flower
13-11-2010, 01:48 AM
He wasn't asked probably because no one really cares. You are talking about Ireland after all. It is the norm and not some abberation. All the mainstream political parties came out of the Republican movement. Well, apart from Labour that is ... and you know what happened there judging by your questions.

Personally, however, I think he should be straight and say I did this at this point for these reasons. When they are deceitful on the basic questions people tend to say ... well he is covering that up for a vote ...what else would he do do for a vote?

I believe he was asked about the price of a school site in Galway.

Ah Well
13-11-2010, 01:49 AM
I believe he was asked about the price of a school site in Galway.

Did he continue on with the that was my wife's nothing to do with me line?

TotalMayhem
13-11-2010, 01:49 AM
After being brought into line by the Geldmarschall, it's OK for RTÉ to present him as the man who might be the next Taoiseach.

TotalMayhem
13-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Did he continue on with the that was my wife's nothing to do with me line?

You can watch him on RTÉ Player (http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1084765) (starts at 1:04)

Ah Well
13-11-2010, 02:06 AM
You can watch him on RTÉ Player (http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1084765) (starts at 1:04)

Tks but I'll forego ... don't want to be awake for half the night or having nightmares (prob with McBrearty on a surfboard riding THE WAVE);):D

TotalMayhem
13-11-2010, 02:11 AM
He no longer accuses Brian Cowen and FF of treason, it's only 'bad judgement' now, probably the provision to get the OK from the EU/IMF.

Ah Well
13-11-2010, 02:13 AM
He no longer accuses Brian Cowen and FF of treason, it's only 'bad judgement' now, probably the provision to get the OK from the EU/IMF.

I have no time for that fellow and his continual spoofing, right back to the "Lisbon Treaty is Dead" spiel on the 6 One News with Dobson

Lifeisagame
13-11-2010, 02:18 AM
I have no time for that fellow and his continual spoofing, right back to the "Lisbon Treaty is Dead" spiel on the 6 One News with Dobson
There is one positive in him being on, Kenny was not. You would need 24 hours with him just to confirm his name.

Ah Well
13-11-2010, 02:20 AM
There is one positive in him being on, Kenny was not. You would need 24 hours with him just to confirm his name.

Oh dear, yes - now that's car crash tv at its best

Apjp
13-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Tks but I'll forego ... don't want to be awake for half the night or having nightmares (prob with McBrearty on a surfboard riding THE WAVE);):D

Man of his size could barely stand up, let alone on a surf board. :)

Baron von Biffo
13-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Perhaps the most telling question was the one about whether Gilmore would feel comfortable making Kenny Taoiseach. Have we reached a place where ABFF is taken as read and we're now asking if we can risk Kenny in the big job?

Apjp
13-11-2010, 11:14 AM
can we risk either baron?? this government wont do much for us when it gets in. I think it was interesting that gilmore will be willing to work with SF beyond the next election. Long term that may be a credible alternative along with other left parties.

Baron von Biffo
13-11-2010, 11:40 AM
can we risk either baron?? this government wont do much for us when it gets in. I think it was interesting that gilmore will be willing to work with SF beyond the next election. Long term that may be a credible alternative along with other left parties.

It now looks like a foregone conclusion that the next government will be FG/Lab. No FG led government has ever been re-elected and the chance of that changing by 2016/17 seems remote. By then ABFF will probably be far from our minds and I doubt that Gilmore will make the same mistake Spring did and contest the GE on a platform of returning the outgoing government. That would leave open the possibility of FF/Lab of If FF recover well and SF outflank Lab on the left, FF/SF.

After that it's anyone's guess and it wont worry me one way or the other because I'll be fertilizer.

Ah Well
13-11-2010, 11:43 AM
It now looks like a foregone conclusion that the next government will be FG/Lab. No FG led government has ever been re-elected and the chance of that changing by 2016/17 seems remote. By then ABFF will probably be far from our minds and I doubt that Gilmore will make the same mistake Spring did and contest the GE on a platform of returning the outgoing government. That would leave open the possibility of FF/Lab of If FF recover well and SF outflank Lab on the left, FF/SF.

After that it's anyone's guess and it wont worry me one way or the other because I'll be fertilizer.

Yeah that could be a runner indeed. FF will be back have no doubt (unfortunately)

TotalMayhem
13-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Seen his face when Ryan started a a question with "You are the Tánaiste ..."? Priceless :D

Design for Life
14-11-2010, 07:55 AM
More of the same from Filmore I thought. His vague policies seem to ape FG's... or the other way around. "Fairness, jobs, mandatory health insurance or else you don't get healthcare...".

There'll be secret negotiations before the final tallies are up much like in Britain.