PDA

View Full Version : econ-comic festival in kilkenny next week

Stealalottheymakeyouking
10-11-2010, 01:40 PM
This is not a new idea.It has been showing in Leinster House for some time,and not very funny at that."A farce", some would say,"a tragedy "others.
But ,what do you say Nero?

C. Flower
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I think, no. People realise it's serious. The image of the drunken Irishman was already there, Cowen didn't invent it.

Welcome, by the way :)

TotalMayhem
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Screw McWilliams and his festival of like-minded clowns, he says he does it for the profit:

I have put my own money into Ireland’s first economics festival. If it works, we will succeed, if it fails, we lose.

That’s the nature of capitalism and enterprise.

What he really wants to say is this: "If it works I make money, if it fails I lose."

We have enough eejits in this country doing things for profit.

BadCat
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I can say that I'm connected with a number of Americans who are not laughing at all at Ireland or the Irish and do wish the best.

TotalMayhem
10-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I can say that I'm connected with a number of Americans who are not laughing at all at Ireland or the Irish and do wish the best.

Ahh, c'mon, have a laugh ... :D

YouTube - Brian Cowen featured on NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno monologue

FDonohoe
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Comical Lenny must be headling! drum roll and crash

Andrew49
10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I say the world is laughing at us - even the Greeks like to trumpet that THEY are not Irish.

We are a very fractured society - we were a fractured society before the advent of the 'Celtic Tiger', we were a fractured society during the 'Celtic Tiger' and we are even more fractured as a society today. About the only thing that unites us now is our ability to laugh at ourselves.

Despite the strain the Fianna Fail Government has put on the European Commission
it's nice to see that Brian & Olli were able to relax over a few drinks after what must have been very tense meetings.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/theknitter/brianandolli.jpg

kerdasi amaq
10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Will this be a topic for consideration?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=731G71Sahok

Looks like alan Greenspan is agreeing with Max Keiser; bankers are crooks.
This is from the shindig to celebrate the secret meeting, on Jekyll Island, that led to the founding of the Federal Reserve System.

dagny taggart
10-11-2010, 10:41 PM
i think most of the world is unaware of us and our trials and tribulations. the greeks are laughing at us because we take a little pressure off them...

greengoose
10-11-2010, 11:16 PM
i think most of the world is unaware of us and our trials and tribulations. the greeks are laughing at us because we take a little pressure off them...

Jay Leno is! :D

dagny taggart
17-11-2010, 11:35 PM
i think i underestimated the opinions of the world - or didn't realise that ireland would be used as the achilles heel of the euro in the global currency war...silly me:)