PDA

View Full Version : Frank McBrearty Apologises for Inappropriate Language

C. Flower
05-11-2010, 03:51 PM
STATEMENT BY CLLR. FRANK McBREARTY JNR
Labour Party Member of Donegal County Council
Friday, 5 November, 2010

I wish to apologise for the inappropriate language I used in recent exchanges with the County Manager and on Highland Radio.

I am passionate about the people I represent and the issues that are of concern to them and I accept that I sometimes may over-step the mark in my efforts to promote their interests.

I understand that the County Manager has a difficult job to do, but I often find the restrictions placed on councillors to be frustrating.

I also know from the experiences of my own family how important the freedom of the press is and I fully accept that journalists have to report things as they see them.

I hope that these exchanges can now be put behind us that we can all devote our efforts to furthering the interests of the people of Donegal.

What the **** did he say ??

TotalMayhem
05-11-2010, 04:09 PM
What the **** did he say ??

Cllr McBrearty admits to telling County Manager to F-off after Council meeting (http://www.highlandradio.com/2010/10/29/cllr-mcbrearty-admits-to-telling-county-manager-to-f-off-after-council-meeting/)

Griska
05-11-2010, 07:53 PM
If anyone thinks they'll do him harm by harking on about his use of the word ****, they're reading the mood of the electorate all wrong.

C. Flower
05-11-2010, 09:09 PM
If anyone thinks they'll do him harm by harking on about his use of the word ****, they're reading the mood of the electorate all wrong.

My suspicious mind interpreted his statement as an election stunt. :)

charley
05-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Frank probably says **** about 500 times a day so anyone who takes offence is a bit slow on the uptake. In Donegal the word **** can be used in any context and does not always mean that someone is being offensive

C. Flower
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Frank probably says **** about 500 times a day so anyone who takes offence is a bit slow on the uptake. In Donegal the word **** can be used in any context and does not always mean that someone is being offensive

I also think that Frank McBrearty is entitled to say a few ****s.