PDA

View Full Version : Is Margaret Thatcher Dead Yet?

electionlit
24-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Twitter is full of Maggie Thatcher having died.
Wont be mourned by many in Ireland

C. Flower
24-05-2010, 10:44 PM
At last.

Digout
24-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Wont be mourned by many in Ireland

FF will be different on that one, they will sing her praises.

Digout
24-05-2010, 10:46 PM
The only shame is that it did not happen in Brighton.

Ah Well
24-05-2010, 10:47 PM
This may be a porkie pie ... apparently Indymedia UK pulled the story from their Website again

Doesn't look like she's crossed the Jordan yet folks

5intheface
24-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Let's have a party anyway, then we can have another at the next false alarm. By the time she croaks we'll be so far gone the abuse will be minimal.

BrendanGalway
24-05-2010, 10:49 PM
http://jessejameswoods.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/disappointment.jpg

People Korps
24-05-2010, 10:56 PM
FF will be different on that one, they will sing her praises.

Sometimes I think you need remedial assistance, are you being fed at least?

Ah Well
24-05-2010, 10:56 PM
This place might be in for a bit of a bonanza tho ... sometime ... ;)

http://www.maggiethatcher.com/

electionlit
24-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Glad I put that question mark in the Thread title.:)

Summerday Sands
24-05-2010, 10:57 PM
YouTube- Elvis Costello - Tramp The Dirt Down

C. Flower
24-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Thread made my day, anyway Electionlit :)

5intheface
24-05-2010, 10:59 PM

Mark Thatcher's dead everyone.. source-electionlit.

5intheface
24-05-2010, 11:01 PM
This place might be in for a bit of a bonanza tho ... sometime ... ;)

maggie'sdead.com is offline but you can still get the t-shirt

http://cdn.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/thatcher_t-shirt-250x207.jpg

yehbut_nobut
24-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Mark Thatcher's dead everyone.. source-electionlit.

:D

and a purple monkey dishwasher to you too!!

meatloafs
25-05-2010, 12:13 PM
as they say in scotland about ******* time

Iolo
25-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Whether she is dead or alive is immaterial - the tories have plenty more in the lab she came from, and the electorate would elect the dead if told to by the medja. The interesting question is why that is: are they putting something in the tea?

Kev Bar
25-05-2010, 03:49 PM
We only need to get lucky once.

Tony1975
25-05-2010, 04:02 PM
At this stage she is a senile old woman with no influence whatsoever. Is there really anything to gain in cheering for her death?

Sidewinder
25-05-2010, 04:07 PM
At this stage she is a senile old woman with no influence whatsoever. Is there really anything to gain in cheering for her death?

I know a few towns in Yorkshire that are planning on throwing street parties on the happy day, so yeah I've got a good holiday & sesh to gain from it!

People Korps
25-05-2010, 04:30 PM
This site looks so thick having this thread eg its a story that keeps coming up on the web http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8358544.stm

C. Flower
25-05-2010, 05:14 PM
This site looks so thick having this thread eg its a story that keeps coming up on the web http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8358544.stm

People are allowed to dream. But the thread can go in Off-topic until the day finally dawns...

disability student
25-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Thatcher was and is much hated figure. She destroyed the miners as the welsh hated her for it. Coal/mining industry was the main driver for the Welsh economy in the past.

From what i heard from my london friends that Thatcher is now fond of wine as the Tory party usually gave wine and cheese parties. Her daughter Carolyn is worried about her as she used to hate her mother imagine that. The reason was that Mark was the apple of Thatcher's eye as she went into overdrive when her son got lost in a car rally in Africa.

I won't weep for her for what she did to the welsh, the hunger strikers et al.

charley
25-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Thatcher was and is much hated figure. She destroyed the miners as the welsh hated her for it. Coal/mining industry was the main driver for the Welsh economy in the past.

From what i heard from my london friends that Thatcher is now fond of wine as the Tory party usually gave wine and cheese parties. Her daughter Carolyn is worried about her as she used to hate her mother imagine that. The reason was that Mark was the apple of Thatcher's eye as she went into overdrive when her son got lost in a car rally in Africa.

I won't weep for her for what she did to the welsh, the hunger strikers et al.

he wasn't lost he was completing an arms deal with the paris/dakar rally as cover

disability student
25-05-2010, 06:37 PM
he wasn't lost he was completing an arms deal with the paris/dakar rally as cover

Yeah i had forgotten about that re cover.

Voodoou
25-05-2010, 06:52 PM
"That Woman"

CJ knew how to deal with that old boot.

Sidewinder
25-05-2010, 07:49 PM
There's a certain type of quisling Irish that thinks it is "immature" and "backward" and "inward looking" to express strong dislike of the old witch, no matter the deaths she caused in Ireland. Growing up in the North I thought I hated Thatcher as good as anyone, until I got to know plenty of people in Scotland and Yorkshire - mention her name in their presence and the very paint will peel from the walls.

So I guess they are "immature" and "backward" and "inward looking" too, eh?

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/ ..........Supersite, highly recommended.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 10:09 PM
The link is sorted now.

Christy Walsh
19-10-2010, 10:11 PM
The architect of modern terrorism Frank Kitson is not dead yet...

If you have a couple of grand to spare you might want to attend this seminar on his favourite subject matter (don't think given by the man himself):
• General Sir Frank Kitson, Counter-Insurgency: A Personal Experience, Tuesday 22 March 2011

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 10:12 PM
The link maybe sorted, but yourself still need a fair bit of sorting ... sicko.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Limbering up for the big Ho down? Are we?

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 10:22 PM
The architect of modern terrorism Frank Kitson is not dead yet...

If you have a couple of grand to spare you might want to attend this seminar on his favourite subject matter (don't think given by the man himself):
• General Sir Frank Kitson, Counter-Insurgency: A Personal Experience, Tuesday 22 March 2011

I'd absolutely love to invest two thousand pounds in that event, all the moreso if Frank and his protogé Gordon Kerr were there.

The link maybe sorted, but yourself still need a fair bit of sorting ... sicko.

Explain your abnormality please.

Limbering up for the big Ho down? Are we?

There shall be much rejoicing when the big Ho is finally laid down.

C. Flower
19-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I heard a rumour that an infection has been admitted to hospital with a nasty case of Mrs. Thatcher. Is it true ?

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 10:25 PM
There shall be much rejoicing when the big Ho is finally laid down.

Invective? Ready

Schadenfreude? Ready

Gloating? Ready

Bring it on.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I heard a rumour that an infection has been admitted to hospital with a nasty case of Mrs. Thatcher. Is it true ?

That poor litlle infection. Bloody doctors!

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Explain your abnormality please.

MY abnormality???

Since Margaret Thatcher wasn't "strangled at birth" (your preferred treatment for people you do not agree with) you're now posting links in hope of her imminent departure? You're one sick puppy.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 10:28 PM
An old Gerry Glackin classic:

YouTube - Irish Brigade - Id love to shove her

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 10:31 PM
MY abnormality???

Since Margaret Thatcher wasn't "strangled at birth" (your preferred treatment for people you do not agree with) you're now posting links in hope of her imminent departure? You're one sick puppy.

Most normal people hate Thatcher and would consider a world without her to be better than one with her in it. You appear to deviate from this healthy pathway and as such the sickness rests with you.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 10:32 PM
MY abnormality???

When it comes to gloating over the dead, that auld yoke would put anything we could say here in the tuppenny place.

Eurocitizen
19-10-2010, 10:36 PM
She was not a favourite of mine but for heavens sake she is an old woman and for people to gloat at her illness is very very sick.

Christy Walsh
19-10-2010, 10:38 PM
MY abnormality???

No offence man but didn't you post something about a morbid murder map? http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=4959 (not suggesting you had the same enthusiasm in the dead as Cáthasaigh has in someone still alive) --me I take pleasure in reading some obituaries... we all have our quirks.

moss
19-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Your sig should be parked in this thread Christy. Apt would be an understatement.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 10:43 PM
She was not a favourite of mine but for heavens sake she is an old woman and for people to gloat at her illness is very very sick.

Poor Maggie, she's old and not fit to be a proper tyrant anymore. She deserves a slow and lingering death for the immense misery she visited upon so many people, foreign and domestic. She supplied landmines and SAS advisers to the Khmer Rouge after the 'Killing Fields' had been exposed FFS. Thatcher's legacy continues to create suffering 20 years after she left office. She couldn't suffer half enough.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Your sig should be parked in this thread Christy. Apt would be an understatement.

Fáilte ar ais arís, moss my good man.

Are you here after sticking a pike in the thatch?

Griska
19-10-2010, 10:51 PM
"Ding dong, the witch is dead" shall be sung from the mountaintops.

She may be a sick old woman, but sadly, she didn't die when she was a twisted young woman.

moss
19-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Fáilte ar ais arís, moss my good man.

Are you here after sticking a pike in the thatch?

Go raibh maith agat sir.

There are several ways to interpret the second line. Suffice to say, if only.

Eurocitizen
19-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Poor Maggie, she's old and not fit to be a proper tyrant anymore. She deserves a slow and lingering death for the immense misery she visited upon so many people, foreign and domestic. She supplied landmines and SAS advisers to the Khmer Rouge after the 'Killing Fields' had been exposed FFS. Thatcher's legacy continues to create suffering 20 years after she left office. She couldn't suffer half enough.

Nobody is saying poor Maggie but rather that she is 85 and ill. We are all aware of her past when she was the Iron lady. She inflicted so much pain and misery on people but then again if we look closer to home there are many who inflicted pain misery and death on their own people; will you have the same contempt for them? Yes I refer to the bombers who destroyed the lives of innocent children for their so called cause.

Ireland has moved on mainly due to the Good Friday agreement and yes we must not forget the misery that was suffered but the misery was not only inflicted by Thatcher.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Nobody is saying poor Maggie but rather that she is 85 and ill. We are all aware of her past when she was the Iron lady. She inflicted so much pain and misery on people but then again if we look closer to home there are many who inflicted pain misery and death on their own people; will you have the same contempt for them? Yes I refer to the bombers who destroyed the lives of innocent children for their so called cause.

Ireland has moved on mainly due to the Good Friday agreement and yes we must not forget the misery that was suffered but the misery was not only inflicted by Thatcher.

I'll move on when she dies...to the pub. I can feel the hangover already.

Christy Walsh
19-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Poor Maggie, she's old and not fit to be a proper tyrant anymore. She deserves a slow and lingering death for the immense misery she visited upon so many people, foreign and domestic. She supplied landmines and SAS advisers to the after the 'Killing Fields' had been exposed FFS. Thatcher's legacy continues to create suffering 20 years after she left office. She couldn't suffer half enough.

Thatcher also agreed that Commander Chris Wreford-Brown should attack the Belgrano outside the mutually agreed combat zone and killed over 250 Argentinians --and over the course of that short war British soldiers collected war trophies --cutting off the ears of the Argentinians they had killed. Closer to home she basically destroyed the trade union movement in the UK --particulalry at expense to the Miners.

She not only provided supplies and advice to the Khmer Rouge she was a good friend of General Pinochet and no doubt others --what does that tell you about the woman? While I may not wish her dead I can see why many people might rejoice.

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 11:07 PM
No offence man but didn't you post something about a morbid murder map?

Putting murder locations on a map is quite different from gloating over the illness on an old woman. It's not about like or dislike her politics or what she stood for, it's a matter of decency and I hope this forum hasn't lost it.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Wow, you manage to incorporate a GFA reference into your whiney rant. I recommend more fibre in your diet.

Thatcher also agreed that Commander Chris Wreford-Brown should attack the Belgrano outside the mutually agreed combat zone and killed over 250 Argentinians --and over the course of that short war British soldiers collected war trophies --cutting off the ears of the Argentinians they had killed. Closer to home she basically destroyed the trade union movement in the UK --particulalry at expense to the Miners.

YouTube - Christy Moore V Maggie Thatcher(Tea with Pinochet)!

People should have been listening closer to the other Christy.

C. Flower
19-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Unspeakable.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 11:12 PM
it's a matter of decency and I hope this forum hasn't lost it.

Thatcher never had it so rest easy and if you don't like it try another thread.

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Thatcher also agreed that Commander Chris Wreford-Brown should attack the Belgrano outside the mutually agreed combat zone

There was no such thing as a "mutually agreed combat zone". General Belgrano was sunk outside the "Total Exclusion Zone", inside which "any sea vessel or aircraft from any country entering the zone may have been fired upon without further warning". Big difference, enemy ships and aircraft would have been fired upon wherever the Brits encountered them, zone or no zone.

C. Flower
19-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Putting murder locations on a map is quite different from gloating over the illness on an old woman. It's not about like or dislike her politics or what she stood for, it's a matter of decency and I hope this forum hasn't lost it.

Total Mayhem, if you have a fondness for Thatcher, I strongly suggest that you buy some good earplugs and a blindfold, because you are not going to like what you hear over the next while. Starving people to death, drowning little boys, crushing British industry to destroy the working class,classic, taking milk off children. Not loved by the many.

I'm profoundly against bombings, even the Brighton Bomb, but I can tell you that the most peace loving people in Britain were only sorry that it missed her.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 11:20 PM
And the 'Apology Monkey Of The Month Award' goes to..........

Christy Walsh
19-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Oh come off it. The original link was dark humour and you are blowing it all out of proportion --there have been all kinds of things said about bankers and Irish politicians and none of it was wishing them the best of health --did I think someone was going to follow through with some of the wildly outrageous proposals --no of course not, it is dark humour which is no different than people chase crashes and visit murder sites just for whatever thrill they get from it...

I quote what you wrote
Whatever your view on murder is, it's incredibly interesting to be able to drill down on an area, click on murder locations and get the back story of what happened, how and who the unfortunate victim was, through detailed records

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Thatcher never had it so rest easy and if you don't like it try another thread.

Whatever Margeret Thatcher was lacking in your (pretty much irrelevant) opinion, it's doesn't give you the right for such sickening nonsense.

I suppose every forum need their court jester, so enjoy your little dirty campaign while it lasts.

TotalMayhem
19-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh come off it. The original link was dark humour and you are blowing it all out of proportion

The same kind of dark humour shown by some lotto millionaire dancing on Charles Haughey's grave?

Eurocitizen
19-10-2010, 11:28 PM
I'll move on when she dies...to the pub. I can feel the hangover already.

To be honest I personally would not waste my money on a drink when she dies but I will refrain from celebrating her death.

I am from a generation that has matured enough to move on and has accepted that there are many people who did wrong but I will refrain from barbaric evil expressions of joy when they pass.

I will do the same when the bombers and kneecappers who killed innocent children pass on also.

Lá an Lúbáin
19-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Whatever Margeret Thatcher was lacking in your (pretty much irrelevant) opinion, it's doesn't give you the right for such sickening nonsense.

I suppose every forum need their court jester, so enjoy your little dirty campaign while it lasts.

Ah, I'd have to disagree with you there , it does actually. I think what has been posted here is quite tame in comparison to what we'll hear when the mothership comes back for her. On second thoughts, they probably abandoned her here. Bloody aliens.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Whatever Margeret Thatcher was lacking in your (pretty much irrelevant) opinion,

If my opinion is 'irrelevant' then why are we in such a kerfuffle, sweetie?

it's doesn't give you the right for such sickening nonsense.

Mama Cass calls the shots round here precious. She wrote an Leabhar na gCeart not you so don't presume to tell me what I've the right to do.

I suppose every forum need their court jester,

A jester in the form of a Thatcherite apology monkey is pretty superfluous in any conceivable scenario.

Christy Walsh
The same kind of dark humour shown by some lotto millionaire dancing on Charles Haughey's grave? No that was just bad taste.

But your high moral position of compassion and concern does make me ponder that:
“One cannot trust an honourable motive for an action if a base one can be found.”

Lá an Lúbáin
To be honest I personally would not waste my money on a drink when she dies but I will refrain from celebrating her death.

I am from a generation that has matured enough to move on and has accepted that there are many people who did wrong but I will refrain from barbaric evil expressions of joy when they pass.

I will do the same when the bombers and kneecappers who killed innocent children pass on also.

Stay in the parlour with the corpse, so. I'll be imbibing in the kitchen with the normal people.

Cáthasaigh
19-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Stay in the parlour with the corpse, so. I'll be imbibing in the kitchen with the normal people.

Aye, maybe Eurosheep will bleat a decade or two for O Duffy while they're there.

Ah Well
20-10-2010, 12:23 AM
There seems to be another place online waiting to cash in but a tad more commercial in appearance :)

truth.ie
20-10-2010, 12:23 AM
So she's gonna die?
Won't we all someday?
At least she'll die having completed her political goals.
Tories in Govt, Union secure, British left militancy broken, PIRA surrendering arms.
It shows our insecurity, our weakness when we celebrate the death of a blubbering, senile woman.
Is this the only pathetic victory we can cling to?
20 years ago I'd have celebrated her death.....now it's just insignificant. An anticlimax.
She'll die and be replaced. We'll even have our Irish versions of Thatcher.

Cáthasaigh
20-10-2010, 12:42 AM
So she's gonna die?
Won't we all someday?
At least she'll die having completed her political goals.
Tories in Govt, Union secure, British left militancy broken, PIRA surrendering arms.
It shows our insecurity, our weakness when we celebrate the death of a blubbering, senile woman.
Is this the only pathetic victory we can cling to?
20 years ago I'd have celebrated her death.....now it's just insignificant. An anticlimax.
She'll die and be replaced. We'll even have our Irish versions of Thatcher.

We have the proto Thatchers already; Harney had such pretensions in her younger days and her behaviour concerning the murder of Aidan McAnespie is a clear indication. However, Harney could not sate her apetite for power in the male dominated Gombín theater. Thatcher benefitted from a desire to con the British public into thinking that equality and change were a reality whereas Harney could only comfort gorge in the face of gombín oligarchy. Ironically she could be gone before Thatcher; it's not like the health minister is going to try diet and exercise to avert the imminent explosion of the organ which pumps her blood. It would be wrong to suggest that the glutinous tyrant has a heart.

disability student
20-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Mary Harney wants to be like another ' Maggie Thatcher'.

Her days are numbered as she is increasingly viewed as a dictator. She won't allow for dirvergent views as regards to National children hospital. It's termed as her 'Bertie' bowl which should be stopped at all costs. Her legacy to the state was/is a shambles which she stronly advocated co location hospitals which i opposed it due to generous tax breaks.

Cáthasaigh
20-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Mary Harney wants to be like another ' Maggie Thatcher'.

Her days are numbered as she is increasingly viewed as a dictator. She won't allow for dirvergent views as regards to National children hospital. It's termed as her 'Bertie' bowl which should be stopped at all costs. Her legacy to the state was/is a shambles which she stronly advocated co location hospitals which i opposed it due to generous tax breaks.

Harney should be tried for treason, duly processed and then rendered for biofuel to heat hospitals.

Justin Casey
20-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Thatcher admitted to hospital (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11579988)

antiestablishmentarian
20-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Funnily enough people have skipped over Thatcher's most poisonous legacy, the creation of New Labour. 1 million + dead Iraqis, the privatisation of numerous State assets like British Rail, and the ghastly betrayal of the party's working class heritage are just a few of the most sickening aspects of this mutant's legacy, all attributable to the crushing of the left and infiltration of right-wingers like Kinnock and Blair.

Andrew49
20-10-2010, 04:51 PM
From Facebook's I Like Button: Andrew49 and 9,235 others like this

Andrew49
20-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Lest We Forget
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/theknitter/423818.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/theknitter/strike.jpg

Captain Con O'Sullivan
20-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Thatcher just like Blair was a sociopath. If anybody cares to read any quality biography of her life and her early days at home they will be enlightened. Basically her home atmosphere was emotionally stunted and loveless and self-sufficiency and cold ambition was expected of her even as a child.

They say that politics is the art of controlling one's environment. And that is why Thatcher was drawn to politics- so she could attempt to control her environment and her leanings were derived from the psychology of her background. Force society (which she infamously declared 'there is no such thing as society) to acknowledge that cold ambition was right, emotion was a weakness and those who could not succeed by the only common measure she could understand, which was 'money' deserved to be left behind and abandoned.

Margaret Thatcher like

morticia
20-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Hmm. Since I suspect she may be undead, how can she actually die??

More seriously, a late lamented UK relative threatened to go into his village the day she died, raise the flag from half mast, and finance a major party amongst like-minded members of the working classes who felt similarly shafted by the system she skewed so much against them.

She's had the last laugh; he's pre-deceased her. Despite being 20 years younger.

Mick Tully
20-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Will Garrett Fitzs. go to her funeral and shout out out out,

TotalMayhem
20-10-2010, 11:35 PM
A jester in the form of a Thatcherite apology monkey is pretty superfluous in any conceivable scenario.

I certainly don't agree with her politics or what she stands for, however, that is not the point. The fact that I didn't want her 'strangled at birth' doesn't make me a "Thatcherite". Your childish attitude is quite appaling, grow up and get real, kiddo.

Cáthasaigh
21-10-2010, 12:13 AM
I certainly don't agree with her politics or what she stands for, however, that is not the point. The fact that I didn't want her 'strangled at birth' doesn't make me a "Thatcherite". Your childish attitude is quite appaling, grow up and get real, kiddo.

I never said anything about Thatcher being 'strangled at birth'. On the contrary I'd like her to suffer before she dies as I can take no consolation from the thoughts of her spending an eternity in hell as I don't believe in it. You on the other hand represent a lunatic fringe opinion on this issue; you may not be a Thatcherite but you are certainly a sympathiser. There's auld boys round these parts would suggest you be shot with a ball of your own **** for that but I would never be so crass or inhumane as to suggest such a thing.

Eurocitizen
21-10-2010, 12:27 AM
I never said anything about Thatcher being 'strangled at birth'. On the contrary I'd like her to suffer before she dies as I can take no consolation from the thoughts of her spending an eternity in hell as I don't believe in it. You on the other hand represent a lunatic fringe opinion on this issue; you may not be a Thatcherite but you are certainly a sympathiser. There's auld boys round these parts would suggest you be shot with a ball of your own **** for that but I would never be so crass or inhumane as to suggest such a thing.

Hello! it is 2010 get over it or will go over to you and kiss the face off ye.;)

Cáthasaigh
21-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Cambodia has one amputee for every 290 people mainly thanks to Thatcher supplying the Khmer Rouge with landmines.

Christy Walsh
21-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Hello! it is 2010 get over it or will go over to you and kiss the face off ye.;)

This is the thing with people who have lived sheltered, or safe lives --no concept of what anyone esle has gone through. I suggest you consider thinking of your life in terms of only the last ten years and any other memories before that are all to be forgotten --can't be done, but maybe you might consider what you ask of others before being obnoxious.

And then think of what trauma Mrs Thatchers actions have caused to some peoples lives and how certain events have been etched on our memories because some things one never forgets --nobody is ever told to get over anything the IRA or UVF ever did but why must peole get over a war monger?

TotalMayhem
21-10-2010, 01:25 AM

Struggling to 'get over it' is the second nature of these bitter-enders. ;)

disability student
21-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Thatcher almost singlehandly destroyed Britain with her policies which were then advised by Friedman US economist. I would agree withe Capt Con re Thatcher's home envirnoment and upbringing which led her to tough & cold heartless women who steered her country to huge turmoil. (especially derailing the peace agreement which had hopes at that times). It was only resumed when John Major came into power and talks resumed again in the underground between Britain and IRA. The rest was history.

TotalMayhem
21-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Thatcher almost singlehandly destroyed Britain with her policies which were then advised by Friedman US economist.

Quite so and certainly her and her politics make for an interesting debate in a serious thread ... but this adolescent nonsense (Is she dead? Not yet but soon, horay!) is quite distasteful and hardly up to standard in a political forum worth its salt.

Captain Con O'Sullivan
21-10-2010, 08:07 AM
******** to the canonisation of Margaret Thatcher. She was a nasty old ***** and there'll be plenty of places in Britain where 'good riddance' will be the overriding response.

morticia
22-10-2010, 09:04 PM
******** to the canonisation of Margaret Thatcher. She was a nasty old ***** and there'll be plenty of places in Britain where 'good riddance' will be the overriding response.

Anywhere working class, but especially Yorkshire (mining communities) and South Wales....if you really want to hear serious abuse of Attila the Hen, try the Welsh Valleys. You can learn a whole new vocabulary if you simply mention her name.....

Handbags at dawn...

Mick Tully
22-10-2010, 10:16 PM
The old ***** must be sh!!!!!g herself watching the two laughing boys and now Pete Robinson that must be like hell for her and her F!!!ed empire. We will have the last laugh with your out out you told the silly old beggar that represented us for a short time. What you done to the Belgrano must be stuck in your craw while you pray for your exit. Good bye your the last of the tyrants.

Fraxinus
22-10-2010, 10:22 PM
The old ***** must be sh!!!!!g herself watching the two laughing boys and now Pete Robinson that must be like hell for her and her F!!!ed empire. We will have the last laugh with your out out you told the silly old beggar that represented us for a short time. What you done to the Belgrano must be stuck in your craw while you pray for your exit. Good bye your the last of the tyrants.

I'd say she's delighted in ways though, Marty McGuinness reduced to entertaining the likes of Henry Kissinger.

Mick Tully
22-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd say she's delighted in ways though, Marty McGuinness reduced to entertaining the likes of Henry Kissinger.

No problem to Marty he has handled bigger as!!!!!s than Henry and he didn't have to go to learn that in Harvard. :D

Cáthasaigh
23-10-2010, 12:10 AM
No problem to Marty he has handled bigger as!!!!!s than Henry and he didn't have to go to learn that in Harvard. :D

I think you mean Marty was and is handled rather than Marty has handled. But who will handle the handlers? It's a quare hanlin altogether.

Griska
23-10-2010, 12:21 AM
YouTube - Elvis Costello - Tramp the Dirt Down

PaddyJoe
23-10-2010, 01:30 AM
YouTube - Elvis Costello - Tramp the Dirt Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4-zDem1Sk)

Eloquent!

Andrew49
23-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Anywhere working class, but especially Yorkshire (mining communities) and South Wales....if you really want to hear serious abuse of Attila the Hen, try the Welsh Valleys. You can learn a whole new vocabulary if you simply mention her name.....

Handbags at dawn...

There’ll be swinging, swaying and records playing and dancing in the streets.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/theknitter/thatch.jpg

In Memoriam: Margaret Thatcher will be released the moment that Margaret Thatcher dies, www.chumba.com

Ten songs inspired by Margaret Thatcher
The Specials, ‘Ghost Town’ (1981)
The Beat, ‘Stand Down, Margaret’ (1980)
Billy Bragg, ‘Thatcherites’ (1997)
Christy Moore, ‘Goose Green (Taking Tea with Pinochet)’ (2004)
Elvis Costello, ‘Shipbuilding’ (1983)
Morrissey, ‘Margaret On The Guillotine’ (1988)
Simply Red, ‘Money’s Too Tight (To Mention)’ (1985)
Lal Waterson, ‘Hilda’s Cabinet Band’ (1990)
Pink Floyd, ‘Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert’ (1983)
The Housemartins, ‘Five Get Over Excited’ (1987)

Plus honourable mentions to Sinead O’Connor (‘Black Boys on Mopeds’), The Dead Kennedys (‘Wargasm’), Martin Carthy (‘Company Policy’), Ewan MacColl (‘Daddy, What Did You Do in the Strike?’), Hefner (‘The Day That Thatcher Dies’) and a barrelful from the Exploited, Crass, and the Margaret Thatcher Experience. And that’s just for starters.

Source (http://www.newint.org/blog/editors/2009/09/15/dancing-in-streets/)

C. Flower
08-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Some rumours that she might be...

Twitter is talking about Maggie Thatcher death by stroke at family home, any confirmation?

5intheface
08-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Initial reports say that she fought back but it has now been confirmed she was unarmed.

Griska
08-05-2011, 12:45 AM
The jolly old Mail have this:

Fears grow over 'frail' Baroness Thatcher after no public appearance for nearly two months

That's from less than an hour ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384752/Margaret-Thatchers-friends-growing-increasingly-worried-frailty.html#ixzz1LiWppC3H

PaddyJoe
08-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Must keep this one ready for a replay:
Elvis Costello, 'Tramp The Dirt Down'
YouTube - Thatcher: Tramp The Dirt Down - Elvis Costello

Sidewinder
08-05-2011, 12:48 AM

Handbags at dawn...

As a Nordie Fenian by upbringing I always considered myself to have a healthy hatred for Thatcher.....until two people I know both married Yorkshire people and I got to know them and their families :eek:

Damn, the sheer searing intensity of the way they hate her is awesome to see first hand.

Don't expect BBC, Sky or RTE to cover the street parties in Welsh and Yorkshire towns when the happy day finally rolls round though.

5intheface
08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Must keep this one ready for a replay:
Elvis Costello, 'Tramp The Dirt Down'
YouTube - Thatcher: Tramp The Dirt Down - Elvis Costello (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3-R97wDKs&feature=share)

Declan obviously decided 'Shipbuilding' was too cryptic.

Griska
08-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I just read on Twitter that since Henry Cooper's death, Thatcher is the only person still living mentioned by the wonderfully nuts Norwegian football commentator in his famous outburst in '81:

YouTube - Norway 2 England 1 1981 Commentary

PaddyJoe
08-05-2011, 01:12 AM
I just read on Twitter that since Henry Cooper's death, Thatcher is the only person still living mentioned by the wonderfully nuts Norwegian football commentator in his famous outburst in '81:

YouTube - Norway 2 England 1 1981 Commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs)
Brilliant:D I had forgotten about that one.
'You're boys took a hell of a beating' LOL

Ah Well
08-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Brilliant:D I had forgotten about that one.
'You're boys took a hell of a beating' LOL

They take that (being beaten) all the time ...

Footballs coming home .. yeah :D:rolleyes::p

YouTube - Lightning seeds three lions

5intheface
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm away to the scratcher,
Call me if there's news on Thatcher

ang
08-05-2011, 01:22 AM
I wonder will Arthur comment ?

PaddyJoe
08-05-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm away to the scratcher,
Call me if there's news on Thatcher
I'm sure the news will be released at the appropriate time. Lunchtime Sunday to give the BBC time to get the programming finalised;)

Kev Bar
08-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Is she still alive?
(She was never sentient)

UR Right
08-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Has another tyrant escaped justice?

Rumours are that Margaret Thatcher has died afer miner heart surgery, doctors say she is in a satisfactory condition.

Griska
08-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Has another tyrant escaped justice?

She'll have to answer to Jesus.

antiestablishmentarian
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
For those of you who wish to keep abreast of the latest developments with Baroness Thatcher's health, the following site is a good source of info ;)

http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

kozlov
10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
She should have been taken out in 1984
by the Stasi !:mad:

PaddyJoe
19-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Well, she wasn't dead on Thursday when former Spanish PM José María Aznar presented her with an award from the FAES(Foundation for Analysis and Social Studies)
The award was presented at her residence in London in recognition of her 'defense of liberty and democratic values'.
FAES is a right wing think tank which bases it's ideology on Ronald Reagan, Thatcher and John Paul II.

http://www.elplural.com/politica/aznar-entrega-personalmente-a-thatcher-el-premio-faes-de-la-libertad/

Holly
19-06-2011, 01:15 AM
FAES is a right wing think tank which bases it's ideology on Ronald Reagan, Thatcher and John Paul II.

Our next president, Richard_of_Éireann, must believe in this type of politics too then.

C. Flower
19-06-2011, 06:50 AM
She should have been taken out in 1984
by the Stasi !:mad:

I think that "former prime ministers" should be barred from public life of any description.

Andrew49
01-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Former British Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher's son Mark Thatcher has confirmed that his mother's office in the House of Lords has been closed down. An associate of Mark Thatcher said.
"If I am honest, I think it highly unlikely that Margaret will now ever be seen in public again,"

Source (http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/232857)

Is there an implication in the story above that she's been walled in?

Griska
01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Another false alarm.

Each time somebody bumps this thread, it gets my hopes up:mad:

Captain Con O'Sullivan
01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah but its Mark Thatcher and he said 'if I'm honest ...' so she'll probably be solo yachting at Cowes next week knowing that putz.

BockTheRobber
01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Elvis Costello might be tuning up the old vocal chords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ

Captain Con O'Sullivan
01-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Heh ... "and we'll be sh1tburying when we could be diving for pearls"

Captain Con O'Sullivan
01-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Has anyone read any decent biography going into the details of Thatchers family life when she was growing up?

Heavy clues in there as to the finished article.... cold, loveless home by all accounts. Not trying to engender sympathy for the woman but I wouldn't mind seeing a psychologists' summary of the link between early home life and the later woman who declared 'there is no such thing a society'.

They ****** you up, your Mum and Dad' as Philip Larkin memorably wrote in an opening line to one of his more arresting poems. If you want to understand Thatcher and what made her tick take a look at her developmental stage at home up to college years.

Sam Lord
01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
It could be argued that it would be better to have her really old, arthritic, senile, and incontinent rather than dead. But I'm not like that ....

Captain Con O'Sullivan
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Well it worked for the US with Reagan... reading Billy Connolly's biography I noticed a section in that where apparently Connolly was at some function where Reagan was guest of honour just after his period of office. Connolly walked in in tartan trousers and a dinner jacket and the wild hair n'all and someone at the tabe said Reagan turned to his wife and asked 'Is he real or is it my pills?'

Captain Con O'Sullivan
01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Not half as scary as the stories about Nixon prowling the halls of the White House though late at night supping gin and talking to the portraits of past Presidents.

Andrew49
30-10-2011, 09:58 AM
The details of two meetings between Margaret Thatcher and British mercenary Simon Mann before his failed attempt to overthrow the president of Equatorial Guinea were removed from the former SAS officer's newly published memoirs for legal reasons, the Observer can reveal. Mann's involvement in an ill-fated attempt to topple the west African dictator Teodoro Obiang Nguema in 2004 is chronicled in his book Cry Havoc, along with the claim that he dined and even holidayed with the former British prime minister. It is understood, however, that extracts detailing discussions between Thatcher and Mann, in the year before the failed coup, were taken out of the book on the advice of its publisher.

Source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/oct/30/margaret-thatcher-simon-mann-equatorial-guinea-coup?newsfeed=true) Of his subsequent relationship with the former Conservative leader, Mann adds:
As I know, Maggie shares her son's fondness for the SAS. They had made the difference for her. Gone the extra. More than once. She had for them too. She takes a shine to me. Over the years whenever we have dinner, I'm always sat next to her. Amanda [Mann's wife] and I even go on a game lodge holiday with Margaret, Denis, Mark and his wife Diane.

Griska
30-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Not dead then, eh?
Disappointing.

Andrew49
30-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Not dead then, eh?
Disappointing.

Not dead but Jimmy Savile, known for his garish tracksuits, chunky gold jewelry and boundless enthusiasm for pop music, charity work, and the host of two long-running British television programs also claimed to have been a longtime confidant to .... ex-Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. And you know how these deaths happen in twos!

And it is Hallowe'en

Andrew49
26-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Rumours are flying around twitter - and Margaret Thatcher is trending but the story is a lot sadder than that ....

Link (http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/11/police_identify_woman_struck_a.html)

May she rest in peace.

TotalMayhem
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
No, she ain't dead ... and yet a debate (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/04/margaret-thatcher-state-funeral-protests?newsfeed=true) whether or not the lady deserves a state funeral is in full swing.

Donal Og
06-01-2012, 10:27 AM
No, she ain't dead ... and yet a debate (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/04/margaret-thatcher-state-funeral-protests?newsfeed=true) whether or not the lady deserves a state funeral is in full swing.

Yes there is a campaign to privatise Thatcher's funeral also a petition.You can google it i suppose.Also a petition.
It's what the old girl would have wanted surely? Lowest bidder gets the job.Doesn't have to be British,or even a proper funeral director.Money is the bottom line;there's no such thing as Society.
NB.Companies that employ unionised labour need not apply.

Baron von Biffo
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Can we come to an agreement not to post to this thread until the happy day comes?

Constantly bumping it gives rise to joyous expectations that are then cruelly dashed.

Griska
06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Can we come to an agreement not to post to this thread until the happy day comes?

Constantly bumping it gives rise to joyous expectations that are then cruelly dashed.

Amen.
Also, I think there might be more than one thread about Maggie's demise.
I'll have a look.

Griska
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I see no reason not to merge these.

TotalMayhem
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM

My heartfelt apologies... I just didn't want to open a new thread as the article in The Guardian is closely related to her demise although it has yet to happen. ;)

5intheface
06-01-2012, 08:52 PM
She lives and poor Bob Holness has left us today;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16443263

May he RIP please Bob.

Griska
06-01-2012, 08:57 PM
She lives and poor Bob Holness has left us today;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16443263

May he RIP please Bob.

Nice touch 5:)

The man who delayed many a game of football for 30 minutes of an evening.
Sleep well, Bob.

5intheface
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Nice touch 5:)

The man who delayed many a game of football for 30 minutes of an evening.
Sleep well, Bob.

And after the death of Socrates and his GAA based urban myth, so now Holness who was the centre of a complete hoax that he was the Sax player on Gerry Rafferty's 'Baker Street'.

He was however the second person ever to star as James Bond.

But none of this is killing Thatcher.

Kev Bar
06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Presume you all signed this important petition to honour Maggie's legacy.

Five kindly brought this to my attention.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18914

Sidewinder
07-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Dammit, every time this thread bubbles up onto the home page I get all excited, like a kid on Christmas Morning!

TotalMayhem
12-01-2012, 10:50 PM
And while she's still breathing, Young Fine Gael UCC debating an honorary life membership (https://www.facebook.com/events/212197285534886/) for Maggie

Baron von Biffo
12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
And while she's still breathing, Young Fine Gael UCC debating an honorary life membership (https://www.facebook.com/events/212197285534886/) for Maggie

A therapeutic mechanism to cut down on excessive auto-eroticism prompted by Loopy Lucy's elevation to the junior ranks.

Andrew49
09-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Any chance of making this a sticky? ... you never know!

Sam Lord
09-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Any chance of making this a sticky? ... you never know!

Is that it?

My heart soared briefly upon seeing the thread at the top of the portal.

Have to put the champers back in the fridge now.

Andrew49
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
The twitter-sphere just went wild with a rumour that the Countess had died. Apparently a fake Carla Bruni account started the rumours.

I added to the jollity something like this:

Gloom Covers The UK after Thatcher Death Tweet Proves to be a Hoax!!

Griska
09-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Really.
I think members need to exercise a little responsibility here.

No more until she soils the netherworld.

ZeroWedge
09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Have to put the champers back in the fridge now.I always knew you were a champagne socialist :D

Slim Buddha
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I always knew you were a champagne socialist :D

I always believed the description was "smoked salmon socialist"

I am quite prepared, however, to use the phrases "Bollinger Bolshevik" and "Tattinger Trotskyite"

Saoirse go Deo
10-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Ah don't be bumping it for nothing, should only do that if she is ill or dead

Griska
10-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Ah don't be bumping it for nothing, should only do that if she is ill or dead

Agreed.
My mood always lifts when I see this on the portal.
Disappointment then follows on discovering she's still breathing.

Mick Tully
06-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Tatcher the movie on channel 4, Merril Streep should have gone before she made that movie.
What a crock of $hit.

eamo
06-01-2013, 09:20 PM

For a horrible minute I thought you were serious, then I saw this:

UCC Young Fine Gael Freshers Promotion Video 2010 - YouTube

Sidewinder
06-01-2013, 11:32 PM

UCC Young Fine Gael Freshers Promotion Video 2010 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTfG_jf194)

OMFG. Please tell me this is a spoof...that's the most creepy and disturbing thing I've seen in a long, long time. What a bunch of twonks.

C. Flower
07-01-2013, 02:32 AM

UCC Young Fine Gael Freshers Promotion Video 2010 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTfG_jf194)

Don't mock your future Taoiseach

Slim Buddha
07-01-2013, 03:38 AM

"The Horror - the Horror" (Marlon Brando as Col. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now).

Hapax
08-04-2013, 01:57 PM
It would appear so. At last.

http://www.channel4.com/news/margaret-thatcher-obituary

Edit: Apologies to all. I see that Thatcher's no the only one who's late. Too much excitement.

disability student
08-04-2013, 02:10 PM
"The Horror - the Horror" (Marlon Brando as Col. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now).

That movie was quite brillant- superb piece of film making & acting.

Brando was dark and brooding with Sheen a lone wolf searching.

Anyway, didn't want to speak ill of the dead.... Rip Iron lady.

Andrew49
08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Margaret Hilda Thatcher (13 October 1925 – 8 April 2013)

The former UK Prime Minister who held office from 4 May 1979 until 28 November 1990 died 8 April 2013.

To her family our condolences.

The legacy of what the Conservative Government did to British Industry under Thatcher is not one to be proud of if you really did want the best for the people. Of course Thatcher was the symbol of “free enterprise” and set out to serve those whose interests were profit for the few. The coal mining industry is not on its own in suffering the decimation of a world class industry in the name of the “free market”. Thatcher lived long enough to see her beliefs demolished when the “free market” collapsed and came running to the State for support. Unlike the Banks who gambled, cheated and were bailed out – Coal mines were closed and communities were left to suffer.

Margaret Hilda Thatcher is gone but the damage caused by her fatally flawed politics sadly lingers on.

Good Riddance.

National Union of Mineworkers - NUM (http://www.num.org.uk/page/News-NUMNews/moreinfo/2117)

fluffybiscuits
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
From the broadsheet.ie

Last night about half past nine
Bobby Sand’s ghost appeared at mine
Looking quite thin
He sported a grin
And started a conga line

toxic avenger
09-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Martin Belam published this back in November..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_OtTeVCcAEjsAi.jpg:large