PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Broadcasting 65th Anniversary Live

Lá an Lúbáin
10-10-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm watching Sky news and they have been broadcasting incredible pictures of the marches in Pyongyang.

Anybody checking it out. It seems to have something to do with the succession. The commentator sounds like Keb Dodd on e.

Will link it later if posssible.

It's hypnotic.

C. Flower
10-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm watching Sky news and they have been broadcasting incredible pictures of the marches in Pyongyang.

Anybody checking it out. It seems to have something to do with the succession. The commentator sounds like Keb Dodd on e.

Will link it later if posssible.

It's hypnotic.

Got that, thanks. Was reading about this earlier. We have a thread on the succession somewhere.

Lá an Lúbáin
10-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Got that, thanks. Was reading about this earlier. We have a thread on the succession somewhere.

Still, it's not as bad as Tubidy or O'Connor on Pravda :eek:

C. Flower
10-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Still, it's not as bad as Tubidy or O'Connor on Pravda :eek:

That's what we need. More parades :confused:

Lá an Lúbáin
10-10-2010, 03:02 AM
That's what we need. More parades :confused:

Kim Jong Il had to apply to himself for the tramp.

antiestablishmentarian
10-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Yes, they held one of the largest military parades in North Korean history, celebrating the 65th anniversary of the foundation of the ruling WPK: apparently over 15,000 soldiers and 200 pieces of equipment were paraded through Pyongyang. Anyone got any links for it? I'm afraid I missed out on it :(

Lá an Lúbáin
10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes, they held one of the largest military parades in North Korean history, celebrating the 65th anniversary of the foundation of the ruling WPK: apparently over 15,000 soldiers and 200 pieces of equipment were paraded through Pyongyang. Anyone got any links for it? I'm afraid I missed out on it :(

Keeping tabs but I haven't found any links as of yet.

Sky News were showing it non-stop and live for over half n hour!
The marching was incredible. The energy to kick the legs up fo so long is exhausting looking. You'd do ten yards of it and collapse.

Lapsedmethodist
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Phew !! I opened this thread with a sense of dread and foreboding :D

Here's a sky link .

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-Ils-Heir-Apparent-Kim-Jong-Un-At-Military-Parade-In-Pyongyang/Article/201010215755225?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_A rticle_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15755225_North_Korea%3A_Kim_Jong-Ils_Heir_Apparent_Kim_Jong-Un_At_Military_Parade_In_Pyongyang

antiestablishmentarian
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Phew !! I opened this thread with a sense of dread and foreboding :D

Here's a sky link .

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-Ils-Heir-Apparent-Kim-Jong-Un-At-Military-Parade-In-Pyongyang/Article/201010215755225?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_A rticle_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15755225_North_Korea%3A_Kim_Jong-Ils_Heir_Apparent_Kim_Jong-Un_At_Military_Parade_In_Pyongyang

Good man, thanks. One point worth noting that hasn't been picked up here is that this represents a pretty quick rise for Jong-Un: 2 weeks ago he was more or less anonymous within the DPRK and now he's there taking the salute at the largest military parade in the State's history alongside his father.

antiestablishmentarian
01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMLtkp4AFkc&feature=fvw