PDA

View Full Version : Lie detector tests for tax payers?

kerdasi amaq
22-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Middle-class families could be forced to undergo lie detector tests as part of a major crackdown on tax avoidance being spearheaded by Nick Clegg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313511/Clegg-tax-war-middle-class-Families-face-lie-detector-tests.html

He said that both legal tax avoidance and illegal tax evasion were unacceptable and ‘morally indefensible’. Matt Sinclair of the TaxPayers’ Alliance said Mr Clegg was ‘barking up the wrong tree by targeting legitimate tax planning’.

He said: ‘We should all pay the tax we owe the Government, but individuals shouldn’t be punished for arranging their affairs to avoid paying excessive tax. This principle applies to families worried about inheritance tax and entrepreneurs setting up new businesses.

These professional politicians have a strange idea. They draft the tax laws to create these so-called loopholes and then expect people not to avail of them.

Lie detectors for tax-payers. Whatever will they think of next? These people need to be taught a lesson to remind them of whom they really work for(the people who elect them).

antiestablishmentarian
22-09-2010, 04:57 PM
This thread links to an anti-semitic website: its been vented for discussion by mods. I think it should be deleted but others might have a better idea of what to do with it.

TotalMayhem
22-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I suppose, it's only fair to go after the "middle class" and self employed with lie detectors, since the ordinary workers will get their wages paid directly through Revenue (http://www.politicalworld.org/showpost.php?p=71364&postcount=26).

Brave new world.

The Daily Mail is anti-semitic?

Seán Ryan
22-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Lie detectors don't work. They've the same accuracy as tossing a coin.

TotalMayhem
22-09-2010, 06:20 PM
True enough, the accuracy is questionalble. Yet the threat of a lie detector test should work miracles in terms of lifting the tax morale.

antiestablishmentarian
22-09-2010, 06:35 PM
The Daily Mail is anti-semitic?

The link was changed in the OP by request of the mods to the Daily Mail.

People Korps
23-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Ah hem Lie detector tests for politicians and civil servants? Solves the riddle, all for one one for all or you f u k me i f u k u