PDA

View Full Version : Servants need a slap: Brent Council consultant says

Andrew49
03-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Rehana Mohamed, a consultant with Brent Council has landed in hot water after she tweeted that a woman alleging she was kept as a slave by a British household
"needs a good slap". Council worker Rehana Mohamed made the comments on Twitter while watching a TV show called Britain's Secret Slaves.
"That bitchy maid needs a good slap. Some ppl here have no idea what it's like having servants. I'm sorry but being on call 24/7 and not having a day off for months and not being allowed to the house DOESN'T make you a slave," The Cambridge graduate, who is employed by Brent council in north London, continued,
"Damn right they should get up and make what you want. That's their job."

Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308627/Council-worker-Rehana-Mohameds-Twitter-storm-Servants-need-slap.html)

Miss Mohamed has continued to tweet about the furore over her comments, writing:
'I have become a hate figure.' A reported 15,000 domestic workers flood annually into the UK with many paid less than 50 a week to work 20-hour days.

There have been a number of recent cases of slavery in Britain, mainly of young women from developing countries coming to work as domestic help. A new film about slavery in modern-day Britain, based on a true story, was played on British television during the week. It's not known if Rehanna will be 'consulting' on the film!

TaxProtester
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
"That bitchy maid needs a good slap. Some ppl here have no idea what it's like having servants. I'm sorry but being on call 24/7 and not having a day off for months and not being allowed to the house DOESN'T make you a slave,"Instances like Rena Mohammeds, pop up in the press every couple of months, and will continue as long as there is immigration from islamic countries.

Slavery and forced labour are part of islamic tradition. The koran approves of keeping slaves and sets out in detail, how to treat slaves and servants. Muslims, who have emigrated to the west, have no intention of abandoning cultural practices like labour exploitation, that make their lives easier.

I will never accept multiculturalism if it requires me to live amongst people who practice morally repugnant activities, like slavery.

C. Flower
05-09-2010, 12:38 AM
Instances like Rena Mohammeds, pop up in the press every couple of months, and will continue as long as there is immigration from islamic countries.

Slavery and forced labour are part of islamic tradition. The koran approves of keeping slaves and sets out in detail, how to treat slaves and servants. Muslims, who have emigrated to the west, have no intention of abandoning cultural practices like labour exploitation, that make their lives easier.

I will never accept multiculturalism if it requires me to live amongst people who practice morally repugnant activities, like slavery.

Do you take the same line on Monaghan mushroom slave owners ? Just asking.

TaxProtester
05-09-2010, 12:47 AM
Do you take the same line on Monaghan mushroom slave owners ? Just asking.I would if they were doing the same thing? But are they?

If you can show me instances of exploitation that are similar to muslim exploitation of domestic servants or construction workers in Dubai, I will condemn them 100%.

ang
05-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Instances like Rena Mohammeds, pop up in the press every couple of months, and will continue as long as there is immigration from islamic countries.

I assume then the Irish Government having enslaved a nation for generations to come also makes you feel ill.

ModestMouse
05-09-2010, 11:40 AM

And the Bible doesn't approve of slavery??? You might want to google "bible slavery" and see what pops up.

At least the Muslims have a code of practice in relation to slaves. That has to be considered a positive.

Andrew49
05-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Institutions were run in a severe, regimented manner that imposed unreasonable and oppressive discipline on children. A climate of fear, created by pervasive, excessive and arbitrary punishment, permeated most of the institutions and all those run for boys. Children lived with the daily terror of not knowing where the next beating was coming from. The harshness of the regime was inculcated into the culture of the institutions by successive generations of Brothers, priests and nuns. It was systemic and not the result of individual breaches by persons who operated outside lawful and acceptable boundaries. Excesses of punishment generated the fear that the school authorities believed to be essential for the maintenance of order. Children were severely beaten, at times publicly. Some had their heads shaved and were humiliated. Prolonged, excessive beatings with implements intended to cause maximum pain occurred with the knowledge of staff management. There was little variation in the use of physical beating from region to region, from decade to decade, or from Congregation to Congregation. Corporal punishment was often administered in a way calculated to increase anguish and humiliation for girls. One way of doing this was for children to be left waiting for long periods to be beaten. Another was when it was accompanied by denigrating or humiliating language.

Jesus H Christ! The Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy et al are Islamic! Letterfrack, Artane, Goldenbridge were all hives of 'islamic tradition' ! After all, according to the Child Abuse Commission Report those Religious Orders practiced "morally repugnant activities, like slavery".

How did THAT happen?