PDA

View Full Version : Labour Youth Call For General Election - Demonstration Wed. at the Dail

C. Flower
14-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Labour Youth have been pretty quiet up to now, but presumably encouraged by the recent MRBI Poll, are calling for a General Election now, to sack the Government.

Is this Labour Party policy, or a solo run by Labour Youth ? It will be interesting to see if Gilmore is at this demonstration and whether Labour will make a serious call for action to demand a General Election.

Labour Youth
Monday, 14 June 2010

NO MORE ‘HOME-MADE’ RECESSIONS - SACK THE GOVERNMENT!

Wednesday 16 June 2010, 12:30pm
‘Sack the Government’ Rally
Kildare Street Entrance, Dáil Eireann

Following on from the banking reports and recent opinion polls, Labour Youth is calling for a General Election to sack this government.

In a week when the Fianna Fail and Green TDs are set to troop through the lobbies to vote confidence in this clapped-out Government, it has never been clearer that they are completely out of touch they are with the people.

Newsy
14-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Labour Youth have been pretty quiet up to now, but presumably encouraged by the recent MRBI Poll, are calling for a General Election now, to sack the Government.

Is this Labour Party policy, or a solo run by Labour Youth ? It will be interesting to see if Gilmore is at this demonstration and whether Labour will make a serious call for action to demand a General Election.

I feel sorry for the whole mess in FG.......but I am glad that someone is keeping their eye on the ball, somewhat......

Good on 'em!!!!

C. Flower
14-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I feel sorry for the whole mess in FG.......but I am glad that someone is keeping their eye on the ball, somewhat......

Good on 'em!!!!

I think people will be lobbying the Dail tomorrow evening too, during the No Confidence debate.

ThomasB
15-06-2010, 12:04 PM
The real news should be Careless Cowen vote today, Why not do it today :confused:

I heard http://www.facebook.com/generalelection are attempting to do live stream interviews etc at their event starting from 7pm tonight. outside Dail