PDA

View Full Version : Explosion at Concert in Manchester

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Reports of explosion in Manchester with confirmed fatalities.

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Possible terror incident?

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 01:14 AM
At least 19 dead

https://twitter.com/gmpolice/status/866808564316344321/photo/1

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Manchester taxi drivers offering free rides.

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 01:50 AM
U.S. media report suicide blasts... way ahead of their British colleagues.

pluralist
23-05-2017, 02:07 AM
It's personal now.

Anyone enlisting?

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Count me in, m8.

pluralist
23-05-2017, 02:20 AM
Count me in, m8.

Appreciate it.

Practical steps?

What should be done?

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 02:25 AM
Well, Ariana Grande seems to be OK and Kate Perry hasn't ruled out getting into the studio with her. Maybe we should all join in?

pluralist
23-05-2017, 02:37 AM
Well, Ariana Grande seems to be OK and Kate Perry hasn't ruled out getting into the studio with her. Maybe we should all join in?

Loadofshite from you as usual, you b.itch.

C. Flower
23-05-2017, 06:39 AM
U.S. media report suicide blasts... way ahead of their British colleagues.
Way ahead, but is it accurate in terms of suicide ?

Vile attack, whoever by.

C. Flower
23-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Manchester police said that a person carried a bomb into the foyer as people were leaving at the end of the concert.

This will inevitably affect the election.

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Manchester police said that a person carried a bomb into the foyer as people were leaving at the end of the concert.

This will inevitably affect the election.

Corbyn has long been sensible on issues like this but May's message will play better in the short term as she will likely go full Trump.

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 10:01 AM
It's personal now.

Anyone enlisting?

Enlisting in what?

Donal Og
23-05-2017, 10:07 AM
Corbyn has long been sensible on issues like this but May's message will play better in the short term as she will likely go full Trump.

Why now? The Brits - and French -are doing their best to appease Saudi , Qatar and Sunni Islam in general. So is Cheesy Wotsit.But maybe random UK born Jehadis are off message here. Or just off the head ?

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Why now? The Brits - and French -are doing their best to appease Saudi , Qatar and Sunni Islam in general. So is Cheesy Wotsit.But maybe random UK born Jehadis are off message here. Or just off the head ?

We don't even know if it is Islamic terrorism yet, (although one would assume).

Saoirse go Deo
23-05-2017, 10:27 AM
I've already seen a lot of posts online and efforts to put tray the IRAs 1996 bombing with this terrible event... No doubt this is fueled by Corbyn's comments over the weekend.

Trow
23-05-2017, 11:55 AM
All the billions of dollars in arms deals around the World can't stop this kind of attack anywhere. Something deliberately selective and timely about this attack me thinks..... an American artist at a British venue, images of traumatised kids in mass hysteria.

Sickening to us.... quality Jihadi tv time for them.

Sam Lord
23-05-2017, 04:39 PM
God loves Teresa May. I have no idea why but it's hard to avoid that conclusion.

All of a sudden she is in big trouble in the election because of the "dementia tax" ... and then, lo and behold, just as the right wing press is going after Corbyn as an IRA supporter, there is a major terrorist attack.

It couldn't have worked out better if she had planned it.

TotalMayhem
23-05-2017, 05:29 PM
US officials have named the perp:

The suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the Manchester Arena has been named as 22-year-old Salman Abedi, according to US officials.

Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

The Torygraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/)

Trow
23-05-2017, 07:48 PM
God loves Teresa May. I have no idea why but it's hard to avoid that conclusion.

All of a sudden she is in big trouble in the election because of the "dementia tax" ... and then, lo and behold, just as the right wing press is going after Corbyn as an IRA supporter, there is a major terrorist attack.

Thatchers revenge. While the Labour Government signed the IRA up to the Good Friday Agreement thus affording militants a political status, some are out to undo that.

Apjp
23-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Well, conspiracy theorists will have a field day with this.

Timed to perfection.

Trow
23-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Threat level raised....Situation ''critical.''

Fraxinus
23-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Seems to be a mix of opinions about the lad that did it. Some say quiet and polite, a local imam reckons the lad looked at him with hate after he denounced terrorism in a sermon.

Trow
24-05-2017, 12:52 AM
Seems to be a mix of opinions about the lad that did it. Some say quiet and polite, a local imam reckons the lad looked at him with hate after he denounced terrorism in a sermon.

And became less frequent at the Mosque thereafter. Wonder did ''local Imam'' report any concerns at the time and was the lad on a watch list?

random new yorker
24-05-2017, 04:48 AM
It's personal now.

Anyone enlisting?

o hhoh ... this is adorable.

with whom are you enlisting? with the IRA?

are you gonna go fight those brit savage killers of their own children?

what are you gonna do? :rolleyes:

(* when even the foreigner in town can recognize a tory in the crowd * )

C. Flower
25-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Well - the comprehensive info dump into the New York Times presumably of confidential info passed by the UK government is very interesting because we don't usually get to see anything like this.

The bomb was a complex and expertly constructed device that appears to have been designed to be operated remotely. No firm evidence as yet that it was intended to be, or was, operated by the carrier.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/24/world/europe/manchester-arena-bomb-materials-photos.html?_r=0

random new yorker
25-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Well - the comprehensive info dump into the New York Times presumably of confidential info passed by the UK government is very interesting because we don't usually get to see anything like this.

The bomb was a complex and expertly constructed device that appears to have been designed to be operated remotely. No firm evidence as yet that it was intended to be, or was, operated by the carrier.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/24/world/europe/manchester-arena-bomb-materials-photos.html?_r=0

this was an unauthorized release/leak of sensitive information as the investigation was still ongoing in Manchester which is simply horrendous for the families of the victims and the investigation itself

in other words a major 'beach of trust' btw UK and US spooking agencies.. you add that to Trump 'volunteering' Israeli intel himself to the Russians and all of a sudden a pattern emerges ...

(not very good leadership on the part of the US, imho, as the clown is traveling the world looking like the dumbass he really is)

Trump condemns "alleged leaks" after complaints from Britain (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/world/europe/trump-may-leaks-manchester.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0)

I am surprised he is not claiming it is 'fake news out of Britain'..

Count Bobulescu
25-05-2017, 11:16 PM
CNN reporting that the UK has rescinded it's less than day old ban on sharing intel with US.

C. Flower
31-05-2017, 12:06 PM
On allegations of M16 "collusion" in creating a jihadist Libyan force to remove Ghaddafi and allegations that this led to the bombing.

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdom/truth-revealed-british-intelligence-received-warnings-manchester-bomber-attack/

Another note re Libya - Prosecutions of Libyans in relation to the killing of PC Yvonne Fletcher were dropped last week due to "national security" reasons.

Blair apparently issued a letter of comfort to the main suspect.

The whole story of the U.K. interaction with Ghadaffi needs to be unearthed. It is a despicable picture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/17/yvonne-fletcher-murder-suspect-received-amnesty-letter/

TotalMayhem
03-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Oh well...

Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians.

Sky sources: Believed to be Terrorism.... Gunfire on London Bridge. Prime Minister in contact with officials.

pluralist
04-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Reports of 'three incidents' but the areas are all very close to each other. When the dust settles, will likely be same people involved in all three incidents, I'd guess.

Edit: Perhaps not, looking at the map, Vauxhall is a good 4km from London Bridge.

Saoirse go Deo
04-06-2017, 10:05 AM
7 dead dozens wounded in van and knife attack in London.

TotalMayhem
04-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Three jihadis shot dead by armed police, SAS "Blue Thunder" deployed to hunt down missing suspect.

Donal Og
04-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Selling arms to Saudis keeps Britain safe. Ditto nuclear missiles. It's just not exactly clear how this works....

pluralist
04-06-2017, 11:22 PM
^ And apparently banning free speech on the internet, which May has now pledged to do, also keeps Britain safe.

What a useless charlatan she is.

C. Flower
07-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Millwall supporter fought the 3 London knife men with bare fists (and predictable results). "F you, I'm Millwall". Sometimes I think that (some of the) Ultras are the best hope for the planet.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/football-fan-shouted-f-you-im-millwall-and-took-on-knifewielding-terrorists-with-his-bare-fists-35795151.html

Trow
09-06-2017, 12:14 PM
A bit of a copycat in the recent ''London bridge and knife attack''

Has anyone seen the footage of the 3 attackers on cctv at the rear of a gym prior to the London attack? It shows them arriving, one stumbling, steadying himself and laughing. You'll notice an object like a mobile phone in his hand [the guy who stumbled] as he turns round having stumbled. Tell me, was that object in his hand before he stumbled or did he use the stumble to disguise retrieving the object from under the pallet?

C. Flower
25-06-2017, 11:35 AM
A bit of a copycat in the recent ''London bridge and knife attack''

Has anyone seen the footage of the 3 attackers on cctv at the rear of a gym prior to the London attack? It shows them arriving, one stumbling, steadying himself and laughing. You'll notice an object like a mobile phone in his hand [the guy who stumbled] as he turns round having stumbled. Tell me, was that object in his hand before he stumbled or did he use the stumble to disguise retrieving the object from under the pallet?

Pretty sure not. The man threw the mobile onto a pile of materials as he left - not dropped - threw. He went out, then came back almost immediately and leaned over to pick it up. Why did he get rid of his phone just then ?? Not to be listened in to ?

The pallet he stepped on to tipped him up, as he picked it up.

C. Flower
25-06-2017, 11:46 AM
The Times today has a story about how the bomber made his bomb by looking at Youtube videos.

I haven't read it as yet, but it does not sound credible on the face of it. The 'accidentally released' photographs of the bomb published by US intelligence showed it, reportedly, to have a complex mechanism to allow it to be set off remotely. I am not clear from the report whether or not it may have been in fact set off remotely, not by the carrier.
The US reports described the bomb as complex and sophisticated.

Is it credible that a lone suicide bomber would, or could, make such a device ?

Can the possibility be ruled out that he intended to plant the bomb and leave and that it was exploded remotely ?

According to ex M15 David Shayler, who is now either in reality a nut or posing as one, but who was employed in covert M15 work relating to Libya, the bomber, Abeji, is the son of "Tunbridge" the M16 agent who liaised with the British to set up the Islamic Fighting Group assassination attack on Gadhaffi in the 1990s.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/bombers-father-fought-against-gaddafi-regime-with-terrorist-group

“The radicalisation of Britain’s Muslim youth of Pakistani origin began in the mid-1990s with the full knowledge and complicity of British and US intelligence agencies.”

B. Raman, former head of the counter-terrorism division at India’s foreign intelligence agency, RAW, from 1988 to 1994

Trow
25-06-2017, 04:20 PM
The US reports described the bomb as complex and sophisticated.

Is it credible that a lone suicide bomber would, or could, make such a device ?

Can the possibility be ruled out that he intended to plant the bomb and leave and that it was exploded remotely ?

You could land yourself a ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' charge answering those questions in detail.

In answer to your first......Yes.
As to the second.... No.

C. Flower
26-06-2017, 03:03 PM
You could land yourself a ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' charge answering those questions in detail.

In answer to your first......Yes.
As to the second.... No.

Maybe a lone bomber could have made it, but why would he go to the trouble of making it in a much more complex way, in a way that would enable someone else to trigger it remotely, if he was working alone and intended to blow himself up ?

There is always a rush by the media and police to label these incidents as suicide bombings. In this case there is a question mark over whether that is the case or not. We would never have known that without the US info leakage.

Trow
26-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Maybe a lone bomber could have made it, but why would he go to the trouble of making it in a much more complex way, in a way that would enable someone else to trigger it remotely, if he was working alone and intended to blow himself up ?

There is always a rush by the media and police to label these incidents as suicide bombings. In this case there is a question mark over whether that is the case or not. We would never have known that without the US info leakage.

What exactly did the US leak as to the bombs ''sophistication?'' Alot to your point depends on the ''range of the remote control.''

Now, if you were to ask me could an individual be tricked into being a suicide bomber by some shady secret service agency my answer would be yes.
If i was handling such an individual i'd have him acting as an agent provocateur around his local mosque, thus setting himself up. Then i'd have him working security, tricking him into thinking he's testing security at events and working as a legit agent and blow him to f.u.c.k. when it suited me.

In the aftermath his local Imam would tell of a guy turned radical. But would a security service be up to the like of that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

C. Flower
26-06-2017, 09:17 PM
What exactly did the US leak as to the bombs ''sophistication?'' Alot to your point depends on the ''range of the remote control.''

Now, if you were to ask me could an individual be tricked into being a suicide bomber by some shady secret service agency my answer would be yes.
If i was handling such an individual i'd have him acting as an agent provocateur around his local mosque, thus setting himself up. Then i'd have him working security, tricking him into thinking he's testing security at events and working as a legit agent and blow him to f.u.c.k. when it suited me.

In the aftermath his local Imam would tell of a guy turned radical. But would a security service be up to the like of that? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

This is the report from the NY Times. The bomb was said to be in the back pack, not in a belt. No certainty about means of detonation.

What you describe makes me think of Boston, where those two guys dropped off back packs in the middle of a 'family day out' occasion and walked away from them.

It is even possible that this one in Manchester exploded prematurely.

The fact that he is the son of a key M16 asset in Libya surely makes it just a little improbable that he would have been deliberately set up and killed by British intelligence ?

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me that this man whose father had worked closely with the British to get rid of Gadaffi would be driven with zeal to attack a teen pop concert in the U.K.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...otos.html?_r=0 (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/24/world/europe/manchester-arena-bomb-materials-photos.html?_r=0)

Trow
26-06-2017, 10:36 PM
This is the report from the NY Times. The bomb was said to be in the back pack, not in a belt. No certainty about means of detonation.

What you describe makes me think of Boston, where those two guys dropped off back packs in the middle of a 'family day out' occasion and walked away from them.

It is even possible that this one in Manchester exploded prematurely.

The fact that he is the son of a key M16 asset in Libya surely makes it just a little improbable that he would have been deliberately set up and killed by British intelligence ?

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me that this man whose father had worked closely with the British to get rid of Gadaffi would be driven with zeal to attack a teen pop concert in the U.K.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...otos.html?_r=0 (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/24/world/europe/manchester-arena-bomb-materials-photos.html?_r=0)

Too much detail missing for me, such as type of explosive. That would be evident from the scene. Traces would be left on the bomber or any remnants of whatever he carried it in. From the sound recording at the concert i'd say it was home made explosives of the type similar to the London bombers, who also used backpacks.

There's every possibility of a premature explosion. Static interference in his communication system between trigger and detonator or someone may simply have bumped into him. Considering the crowded environment.

Remember also there's a blue suitcase somewhere that the bomber was seen wheeling through town. That too could contain a bomb and depending on the ''sophistication'' of the bomb maker and his plot, more than one device could be triggered.

Anything is possible. Just thinking about that you'd hope the train station attached to the concert venue was thoroughly searched. Ideal place for a secondary device to be hidden..., say in a locker.

TotalMayhem
04-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Teenager who plotted a nail bomb attack at Elton John’s Hyde Park concert jailed for life.

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4661612/Teen-plotted-nail-bomb-attack-faces-life-sentence.html)

C. Flower
04-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Teenager who plotted a nail bomb attack at Elton John’s Hyde Park concert jailed for life.

Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4661612/Teen-plotted-nail-bomb-attack-faces-life-sentence.html)

Reminds me of the 'lone wolf' (ex private school) IRA man who went on a solo run in the UK letting off bombs. He published an account of his career recently.

C. Flower
04-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Too much detail missing for me, such as type of explosive. That would be evident from the scene. Traces would be left on the bomber or any remnants of whatever he carried it in. From the sound recording at the concert i'd say it was home made explosives of the type similar to the London bombers, who also used backpacks.

There's every possibility of a premature explosion. Static interference in his communication system between trigger and detonator or someone may simply have bumped into him. Considering the crowded environment.

Remember also there's a blue suitcase somewhere that the bomber was seen wheeling through town. That too could contain a bomb and depending on the ''sophistication'' of the bomb maker and his plot, more than one device could be triggered.

Anything is possible. Just thinking about that you'd hope the train station attached to the concert venue was thoroughly searched. Ideal place for a secondary device to be hidden..., say in a locker.

Manchester reminds me of the Boston bombing in some ways. Young man with nail bomb in backpack in a surging, recreational crowd. No suicide belt. Known to the secret services /FBI. The difference is he was blown up.