PDA

View Full Version : Terror Attack in London 22/03/17

C. Flower
22-03-2017, 03:39 PM
What sounds like a one-person attack in Westminster, London is reported this afternoon. A car drove down a number of pedestrians on the bridge, reportedly the driver then ran down to Parliament and knifed a policeman.

The man was reported shot by police and taken away in an ambulance.

No indication of motive.

Trow
22-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Primitive but effective [in the improvised military sense] Two low tech terror incidents in a row now. [Brussels and London]

riposte
22-03-2017, 06:11 PM
What sounds like a one-person attack in Westminster, London is reported this afternoon. A car drove down a number of pedestrians on the bridge, reportedly the driver then ran down to Parliament and knifed a policeman.

The man was reported shot by police and taken away in an ambulance.

No indication of motive.

McDonald's refused to serve him breakfast after 10.30am.

Donal Og
22-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Not a threat to the state. But meat and drink for the heavy regressive right. More armed cops. More draconian laws , more surveillance.

pluralist
22-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Or perhaps they refused to serve him a halal breakfast?

pluralist
22-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Not a threat to the state. But meat and drink for the heavy regressive right. More armed cops. More draconian laws , more surveillance.

I think this is an on-the-ball assessment, unfortunately.

Trow
22-03-2017, 10:04 PM

I think this is an on-the-ball assessment, unfortunately.

Won't make footpaths safer.

dedogs
23-03-2017, 01:49 PM

genus mate.... :):):)

Apjp
23-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Shows how advanced the British Police State is that the number of those killed is a fraction of those killed in France, Germany etc. These fellas are reduced to the basics again but everyone else pays for it with their rights.

C. Flower
23-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Shows how advanced the British Police State is that the number of those killed is a fraction of those killed in France, Germany etc. These fellas are reduced to the basics again but everyone else pays for it with their rights.

Yes, the "unarmed British Police" were quick off the mark.

riposte
23-03-2017, 04:59 PM

Yeah ... the British Government and ISIS have a secret plan and agreement to introduce more draconian laws into the UK ...:rolleyes:

Trow
23-03-2017, 05:17 PM
From ''Inspire'' magazine, said to have been downloaded by 50.000 Muslims in Britain last year.. Rant by Tommy Robinson, former EDL leader at scene of London attack yesterday.. https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/03/tommy-robinson-rips-reporter/

Quote.. The articles inside Inspire were used to incite rage against non-believers and the West. The periodical explained what to expect in jihad and the theory of open front jihad and individual jihad. The arguments presented explained the difficulty of an open front engagement with American forces and the difficulty of traveling overseas to conduct jihad. Therefore, the solution for Muslims was individual obligatory (fard’ayn) jihad to attack while the Islamic nation was strategically weak.

Spontatenous operations performed by individuals and cells here and there over the whole world, without connections between them, have put the local and international intelligence apparatus in a state of confusion, as arresting the members of aborted cells does not influence the operational activities of others who are not connected with them.

"Open source jihad"
Inspire promoted "open source jihad". This shifted away from al-Qaeda’s traditional terrorist attacks to simple attacks by individuals using common items for weapons. The Fall 2010 issue encouraged using one's car to "mow down" people in crowded places ("The ultimate mowing machine"). unquote. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspire_(magazine)#Call_to_individual_jihad

I think Islamic extremists hold the element of surprise as MI5 and others seek them here and there.

pluralist
24-03-2017, 12:58 PM

?? Met Police are combination of armed and unarmed. This surely is not news to you, it has been thusly for decades.

pluralist
24-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Yeah ... the British Government and ISIS have a secret plan and agreement to introduce more draconian laws into the UK ...:rolleyes:

You are putting word's in his mouth, I don't think Donal Og's post suggested anything of the sort.

random new yorker
24-03-2017, 01:27 PM
ok so far i have this

the attacker of Westminster was a British national, 52, family man and a teacher. (hardly the profile of a terrorist.)

the Islamic State claimed he was one of his 'foot soldiers' and ntp (our new member) seems to have pretty decent info showing that IS has only claimed hits that it can substantiate w video of the assailant swearing loyalty to their 72 virgins i suppose

then i think i overheard the new iron lady saying that this was a Terrorist attack on 'Our Democracy'

meanwhile in the UK they started their vigils w candles, maybe some singing, g-d knows maybe some shagging later on to release the pressure of living in horrible (war) times such as these

meanwhile i am telling my friends in EU to keep in mind that Britain is the only country in Europe that is able to sell a police state to the populace under the realm of Liberalism. The others in the continent need to look into each of their respective historic records and find out what happens when entire portions of the population are targeted or tagged in some less favorable way...

none of it seems to matter. .. people have made their mind that the enemy is within.

pluralist
24-03-2017, 01:35 PM
ok so far i have this

the attacker of Westminster was a British national, 52, family man and a teacher. (hardly the profile of a terrorist.)

He was not on M15's top 3000 watchlist (whatever that means). He had a previous conviction for an assault on a bar man in 2000.

random new yorker
24-03-2017, 01:44 PM
He was not on M15's top 3000 watchlist (whatever that means). He had a previous conviction for an assault on a bar man in 2000.

(ahem) and how many people in Britain have been convicted of assaulting others in bars?

amazing how the British Met really has things "Monitored" and under control tho .. i suppose they can crack down on vehicle transit in that area going forward

Fraxinus
24-03-2017, 02:04 PM
I thought this was a good piece.

Without a shred of evidence, and no “claimed responsibility”, the airwaves and press were flooded with assumptions that it was “Isis-inspired”. It was squeezed for every conceivable ounce of sensation and emotion.

Even if this was indeed a “terrorist” act and not that of a lone madman – I repeat, even if it was – the way to react is to treat it as a crime. Don’t speculate when you know such speculation will cause alarm. Don’t let Downing Street summon Cobra and drag the home secretary back from foreign parts. Don’t flood central London with hundreds of men with machine guns. Once the initial uncertainty is passed, don’t have the police issue interminable empty statements, as they stand in front of wall-to-wall BBC coverage of London “in total lockdown”.

In other words, don’t pretend you are “carrying on as usual” when you are doing the precise opposite. When the prime minister stands up in parliament to announce, “We are not afraid,” the response is “why then is the entire government machine behaving as if it’s ****-scared?”
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/24/coverage-westminster-attack-media-politicians

Trow
24-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I suppose the immediate pressing issues of Brexit negotiations will centre on ''security'' with other member states who have experienced similar attacks. As for security, it appears somewhat lacking that the police officers at the external gate were the attacker entered were unarmed. What's more is the talk that the assailant was shot by Michael Fallon's [MP] personal protection officer and not a met police officer.

Trow
24-03-2017, 03:51 PM
ok so far i have this

the Islamic State claimed he was one of his 'foot soldiers' and ntp (our new member) seems to have pretty decent info showing that IS has only claimed hits that it can substantiate w video of the assailant swearing loyalty to their 72 virgins i suppose

Did'nt notice any hair on his legs or chest as he lay stripped on the ground at Westminster. His overnight stay at a Brighton hotel the night before the attack may have been in preparation for martyrdom where and when he would have prayed and shaved. [as they do]

Some mathematical genius has equated the average age of a jihadi nutter to be 27 years old. What triggers them to act so spontaneously is anyones guess but it would'nt be too hard to tweak at a nutters head to get a reaction if you know what provokes them, makes them tick. Stop and search them, harass them, stop their benifits, bully them. Whatever gets a reaction. Like Psychological time bombs.

Of course MI5 will say he was off their radar.

random new yorker
24-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Did'nt notice any hair on his legs or chest as he lay stripped on the ground at Westminster. His overnight stay at a Brighton hotel the night before the attack may have been in preparation for martyrdom where and when he would have prayed and shaved. [as they do]

you sure those guys are as hairy as you folks? :D

Some mathematical genius has equated the average age of a jihadi nutter to be 27 years old. What triggers them to act so spontaneously is anyones guess but it would'nt be too hard to tweak at a nutters head to get a reaction if you know what provokes them, makes them tick. Stop and search them, harass them, stop their benifits, bully them. Whatever gets a reaction. Like Psychological time bombs.

Of course MI5 will say he was off their radar.

armed w a knife how far is he going to go .. ...some mental case just murdered 4 ppl in PT w a kitchen knife .. (didnt bother to shave his legs tho) ...

Trow
24-03-2017, 06:59 PM
armed w a knife how far is he going to go .

He was 3 unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister and other MP's. Who knows how far he would have got but for the chance encounter with someones close protection officer who just happened to be there at the time.

random new yorker
24-03-2017, 07:07 PM
He was 3 unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister and other MP's. Who knows how far he would have got but for the chance encounter with someones close protection officer who just happened to be there at the time.

yea... you telling me a guy w a knife was 3 (unlocked) doors down from the new iron lady the british PM ?... what a bunch of BS :) :)

( <3 the unlocked detail)

Trow
24-03-2017, 07:13 PM
yea... you telling me a guy w a knife was 3 (unlocked) doors down from the new iron lady the british PM ?... what a bunch of BS :) :)

( <3 the unlocked detail)

I take it you don't know the layout of Westminster? Or were the armed guards are placed? I won't be going into that in detail or i'll be liable to a charge of ''communicating information useful to terrorists'' [again] :)

Quote.. The disclosure led to growing questions about where firearms officers were at the time of the attack, especially as Masood was shot just three unlocked doors away from the Prime Minister. unquote.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/23/london-attack-mps-warned-last-month-parliaments-security-weak/

C. Flower
25-03-2017, 10:14 AM
I suppose the immediate pressing issues of Brexit negotiations will centre on ''security'' with other member states who have experienced similar attacks. As for security, it appears somewhat lacking that the police officers at the external gate were the attacker entered were unarmed. What's more is the talk that the assailant was shot by Michael Fallon's [MP] personal protection officer and not a met police officer.

Special Branch ? Do all MPs have them now?

Trow
25-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Special Branch ? Do all MPs have them now?

Not all, just the ''top shelf'' ones....the Prime Minister, Defence secretary and the likes. SO6 and SO17 provide protection to diplomats and the palace of Westminster. They are part of ''protection command'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_Command

random new yorker
25-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Not all, just the ''top shelf'' ones....the Prime Minister, Defence secretary and the likes. SO6 and SO17 provide protection to diplomats and the palace of Westminster. They are part of ''protection command'' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_Command

really?

am i the only one with a problem with your version of motive for the event?

that this 52 year old teacher father of 3 had his eye on the British PM none-the-less?

in that case he may have done better maybe just sneaking up through those 'unlocked' doors rather than mowing over a whole bunch of people (including school kids) on the bridge on his way up to the gates, no?

Trow
25-03-2017, 07:15 PM
really?

that this 52 year old teacher father of 3 had his eye on the British PM none-the-less?

in that case he may have done better maybe just sneaking up through those 'unlocked' doors rather than mowing over a whole bunch of people (including school kids) on the bridge on his way up to the gates, no?

You're single are'nt you?

For a start you quoted my reply to C. Flower and ''went off on one''

Your mission here is to attempt to ''T.R.O.L.L'' and you're about to fall flat on your face.

Trow
25-03-2017, 07:27 PM
really?

You're the only one with a ''problem'' that's for sure.

I never ever suggested that the British PM or anyone else was the mad mans target and whether or not three unlocked doors lay before him he'd have had bother getting past the numerous armed cops at each one.

DCon
25-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Not known if this is terrorism or not

BREAKING NEWS; An enormous explosion in central #Liverpool, #UK, reports of multiple walking wounded and huge police activity.

https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/845761282875838464

Fraxinus
25-03-2017, 10:56 PM
Not known if this is terrorism or not

https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/845761282875838464

Gas

random new yorker
26-03-2017, 02:33 AM
You're single are'nt you?

No I am not .. but I thought that (even) volunteering personal info is verboten on this forum

so are you suggesting that I am the wife of the attacker or that I am here to Tr00l you ? :rolleyes:

You should leave my "problems" alone .. I am quite fond of them.

Trow
26-03-2017, 02:20 PM
The moment the London attacker is shot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_R7U2XaI_8

dedogs
27-03-2017, 03:20 PM

pity they werent abit quicker and drop the **** before he got into the car..... what should be done with that lads body now is bury it with a pound of rashers to do him out of his virgins.... them lads take that ***** serious so mebbe it would stop the next lad if he knew thats what would happen!!!!

pluralist
28-03-2017, 03:30 PM
pity they werent abit quicker and drop the **** before he got into the car..... what should be done with that lads body now is bury it with a pound of rashers to do him out of his virgins.... them lads take that ***** serious so mebbe it would stop the next lad if he knew thats what would happen!!!!

Don't be silly.

dedogs
29-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Don't be silly.

whats silly mate is lettin murderin bastards kill innocent people just to give alla the horn....

Trow
19-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Wonder what Country this latest London ''terrorist'' was radicalised in. Searches ongoing in Wales.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates

Trow
15-09-2017, 02:30 PM
A fortunate escape for numerous passengers today in London as a bomb placed on a train failed to detonate as intended. While 22 people are treated for flash burns i'll say that this bomb failed because the ingredients were'nt mixed correctly, perhaps mixed hastily.

So volatile is the mixture that the bomb maker is as likely to blow him/herself to bits as anyone else. Had it detonated as intended there would'nt be much of the train carriage left let alone anyone inside it.

Trow
15-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Crude in construction yet big on impact i'd say of todays action.

Trow
21-09-2017, 04:49 PM
The man arrested at Dover sea port [on an outward route] the day after the recent Parsons Green rail attack has been released without charge. BBC named him. I won't.

So, somewhere in the eye of the storm a would be jihadi sleeps. That should maintain a high state of alert for England.