on Friday 25th October 2013 at 4.30pm.

http://www.politicalworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=589&d=1382633362

Apjp
24-10-2013, 06:49 PM
another fg orgy. no thanks

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Ogiol
24-10-2013, 06:59 PM
This man almost single handedly threw away our independence. He and CnaG laid the foundations for our corrupt little state, and copper-fastened the border which at the time was extremely spurrious and liable to be done away with..

Saoirse go Deo
24-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Not to mention all the murders his govt committed. Am surprised Riposte.

riposte
24-10-2013, 09:32 PM
You can't alter history ...... by pulling down plaques.

Richardbouvet
25-10-2013, 11:56 AM
WT was my Grandad's immediate comanding officer in the South Dublin Union (now St James Hospital) in 1916. That is not 100 miles from Kilmainham, so I am presuming there are local links.

Edit - sorry, obviously there were local links as WT was born there, hence the plaque.

riposte
25-10-2013, 09:05 PM
WT was my Grandad's immediate comanding officer in the South Dublin Union (now St James Hospital) in 1916. That is not 100 miles from Kilmainham, so I am presuming there are local links.

As Here........

http://www.politicalworld.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=591&d=1382731521

Apjp
26-10-2013, 01:19 AM
On me father's side(don't know much about the Irish speaking rebels out west on the other side, but I'm pretty sure some of them must've got upto trouble) James P also fought in Bolands Mills. Vincent was an IRA quartermaster albeit in a quiet enough area. James then left for Australia after the wars-not sure what happened to Vincent. No doubt the likes of James left due to men like Cosgrave who did away with freedom and republican ideals and republican courts as well through counter revolutionary statehood during the civil war and the immediate aftermath. The State came through that period intact. The Irish Republic died an unholy death.

5intheface
26-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Our history is our history and I wouldn't like to see any of it airbrushed.

Cosgrave was a major figure in the founding years of the southern state and I have no problem in seeing his memory marked regardless of my opinion, an opinion not shared by everyone.

That said, I hold a very low opinion of the man's actions post-treaty.

He instigated and oversaw the execution of scores of former comrades and signed off on the border negotiations without a whimper.

Instead, he pocketed a deal on Imperial debt against huge Nationalist chunks of the border counties, setting a profit-based precedent which has served every southern administration from that day until the present.