PDA

View Full Version : Board Games!

fluffybiscuits
16-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Have been getting back into the swing of things. Been playing a fair bit of Risk in recent months, good fun and without doubt brings out the competitive streaks, especially amongst the lads playing! Scrabble has its joys as well and once the word can be found in the Oxford dictionary or Websters online its no problem. Other games I have played are Magic the Gathering (more of a card based game) and D & D (Dunegons and Dragons you heathens!). Is there any other games Im missing out on? (Forgot played Cluedo aswell!) .Looking for a game that can allow a good few players , possibly six to seven but must be fun!

Ephilant
16-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Our tribe grew up without TV, and games were very much part of the recreation. Pictionary was an instant hit with the kids big and small, and it remains their favourite. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

fluffybiscuits
16-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Our tribe grew up without TV, and games were very much part of the recreation. Pictionary was an instant hit with the kids big and small, and it remains their favourite. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

That is a blast from the past! Hvae not played it in ages, cheers Ephilant :)

RahenyFG II
16-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I have Scrabble in the attic which I probably haven't touched in 15 years.

Spectabilis
16-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I play Scrabble every day. One opponent in the States who has to play on a version called Words with Friends following some copyright fued. One in Ireland and one in Thailand on the Mattel version that is also available via Facebook. Available on smart phones. I probably woudn't know how to play on a board now. What you have to shuffle the tiles by hand? :)

Saoirse go Deo
17-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Risk always ends in arguments in my house. My 21st century Irish monopoly, complete with celtic tiger prices is too depressing to play anymore

Sidewinder
17-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Settlers of Catan is a good laugh. Sort of a cross between Monopoly and Risk, I suppose.

Kid Ryder
17-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Settlers of Catan is a good laugh. Sort of a cross between Monopoly and Risk, I suppose.
I have played Settlers and enjoyed it. However, some anarchist comrades of mine have condemned it for fostering 'capitalistic competition and behaviours'. However, they have never sought to stop people playing the game - after all we are not authoritarians!;)

fluffybiscuits
17-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I have Scrabble in the attic which I probably haven't touched in 15 years.

Loved it as a kid!

I play Scrabble every day. One opponent in the States who has to play on a version called Words with Friends following some copyright fued. One in Ireland and one in Thailand on the Mattel version that is also available via Facebook. Available on smart phones. I probably woudn't know how to play on a board now. What you have to shuffle the tiles by hand? :)

Always good craic playing the Americans at it. Some of the words are dubious though! QI was one that I play on a triple word score if I can , racks up the points!

Risk always ends in arguments in my house. My 21st century Irish monopoly, complete with celtic tiger prices is too depressing to play anymore

Try the modern Risk, not the same as the old one :(

I have played Settlers and enjoyed it. However, some anarchist comrades of mine have condemned it for fostering 'capitalistic competition and behaviours'. However, they have never sought to stop people playing the game - after all we are not authoritarians!;)

Now you have my attention,googled it and Im sending the other half up to Smyths for it tommorrow :D Where else would do it they dont do it? Game of Thromes board game has been recommended aswell!