PDA

View Full Version : HSE -IMPACT Industrial Action - Talks Break Down

C. Flower
28-04-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/talks-break-down-between-hse-and-union-455599.html

Talks between Impact members and the HSE have broken down.

According to Breakingnews.ie, the action is about job insecurity, stemming from the terms of the Croke Park agreement.

The HSE doesn't know how much its spending, due to the action by adminstrative staff and now threatens to start cutting services as a precaution.

ang
28-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Mary Harney has said she will fully support any action taken by the HSE against members of staff who refuse to do their job.

http://feeds.breakingnews.ie/~r/bntopstories/~3/_RuNMi9EVK8/harney-backs-proposed-hse-action-against-staff-455690.html

Xray
28-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Everyone knows the deal is dead, its about winning the blame game now and justifying the unilateral cuts and compulsory redundancies in the PS now. I expect a freight train to hit the HSE and wider public service as soon as this deal dies. At least 20,000 job loses are promised in the deal without mass out sourcing. So it will be a figure north of that with significant immediate out sourcing. Its a lock out 21st century style.

If you are a public servant I would start saving money.

ang
28-04-2010, 09:06 PM
When it came to the so called X-ray scandal, Mary was too busy swaning around NZ with hubby on taxpayers money to be bothered and decided to refer everything back to the HSE.

Whilst it comes to a face-off with PS unions she clearly wishes to stamp her mark all over it, almost with relish one might say

Xray
28-04-2010, 10:57 PM
When it came to the so called X-ray scandal, Mary was too busy swaning around NZ with hubby on taxpayers money to be bothered and decided to refer everything back to the HSE.

Whilst it comes to a face-off with PS unions she clearly wishes to stamp her mark all over it, almost with relish one might say

That is because her political interest lies in liberal business circles. She is not interested in publicly run health care. In fairness she make no secret of this, she thinks competition, deregulation and the market solve all problems. She thinks that privatising much of health care will make it better for people who use it. She is interested in the model, economics and politics of health, not health itself. There is a big difference.

Xray
28-04-2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0428/1224269221504.html

She spells out here what she is against. What is she for, where is she taking us?

Does anyone what the system she is about to create or even know what it is?

C. Flower
28-04-2010, 11:10 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0428/1224269221504.html

She spells out here what she is against. What is she for, where is she taking us?

Does anyone what the system she is about to create or even know what it is?

Boston.

Xray
29-04-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0429/pay.html

One area being examined is the use of contract staff.

The gloves are coming off now.

Xray
29-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Boston.

And Boston is going to Berlin.

ang
29-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Mary steps in again:-

Health Minister Mary Harney has appealed to members of the IMPACT trade union to 'come back from the brink' and lift their industrial action.

http://feeds.breakingnews.ie/~r/bntopstories/~3/n6d_5Qau0qc/harney-asks-impact-to-come-back-from-the-brink-455799.html

C. Flower
29-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Mary steps in again:-

http://feeds.breakingnews.ie/~r/bntopstories/~3/n6d_5Qau0qc/harney-asks-impact-to-come-back-from-the-brink-455799.html

We shouldn't even consider letting one section of TU members be picked off by Harney.

ang
30-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes we have to be supportive CF and see if we can pull everyone together.

Mary Harney is leading the way again. I find this frustrating because of her lack of accountability regarding the HSE when services are decimated and the opposition in the dail are highlighting her refusal to keep the house updated on healthcare.

This sort of speak she is coming out with now is even more divisive:-

However, Ms Harney said yesterday that in the first instance money had to come “from those who are not doing their job”. “I as Minister for Health could [not] stand over any situation where the HSE could take money away from services to patients and still pay people who aren’t doing their jobs. It is not acceptable to me, to patients or to taxpayers.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0430/1224269370829.html

I find this double speak from the person who has done most to decapitate the health service impossible to justify.

She herself has never even tried to justify where her loyalties lie and that loyalty is most certainly not to the public health service of the nation.

Xray
30-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I doubt there will be any more support for people in health based unions now than there was over recent years. Health unions are already effectively defeated. Massive out sourcing and closures have already been decided upon and the budget cut are already well advanced. We need to be realistic. Several of the unions themselves are urging people to accept the best deal possible on the table and not to fight. The wider public and media support the government and Harney, they absolutely refuse to even consider anything other than severe spending cuts.

One wonders what her real reason for setting up a Stalinist style monolithic organisation was? Was it to discredit the heath service to justify destroying it? No where has a single entity bureaucracy like this any more. We have a devolved system and she got rid of it rather than reform it.

ang
01-05-2010, 07:35 AM
So it begins:-

THE HSE will begin the process of removing staff involved in industrial action from the payroll at a meeting next Thursday.

Under the HSE plans, the staff concerned will first receive a letter from management.

They are expected to be asked to attend a meeting with management, where they will be asked to confirm within 48 hours that they will carry out normal duties.

Those who do not give that undertaking will receive seven days’ notice that they will be removed from the payroll.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0501/1224269476430.html

C. Flower
01-05-2010, 08:30 AM
One for all and all for one.

disability student
01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I had a chat with HSE worker earlier as HSE got new man to deal with industrial relations. His name is Sean Mc Grath as he is very hard nosed negiotator as the unions are having a hard time with him since up to now. Both sides are now in the trenches unwilling to move as it got worse since Mc Grath's new appointment.

It will cost FF/GP a lot of votes.

Xray
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I had a chat with HSE worker earlier as HSE got new man to deal with industrial relations. His name is Sean Mc Grath as he is very hard nosed negiotator as the unions are having a hard time with him since up to now. Both sides are now in the trenches unwilling to move as it got worse since Mc Grath's new appointment.

It will cost FF/GP a lot of votes.

Not really, you cant lose the same votes twice. It makes political sense to keep targeting the same people for blames and financial savings politically.

The media are onside also. Harney will be the battering ram. Locally provided public heath care is dead in the water. People will simply go for the new jobs in the private operators or get the best redundancy deal or early retirement they can. The unions are not interested in this fight at all for some reason.

disability student
01-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Not really, you cant lose the same votes twice. It makes political sense to keep targeting the same people for blames and financial savings politically.

The media are onside also. Harney will be the battering ram. Locally provided public heath care is dead in the water. People will simply go for the new jobs in the private operators or get the best redundancy deal or early retirement they can. The unions are not interested in this fight at all for some reason.

No wonder the media re in cahoots with FF. Why should we trust the media??

Maybe we should stop buying their papers -target them if you like.

Xray
01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
No wonder the media re in cahoots with FF. Why should we trust the media??

Maybe we should stop buying their papers -target them if you like.

I don't trust much of the popular media but they are still the opinion formers in Irish society. Most people will support massive cuts in the public services and genuinely believe the route to recover lies in going down this direction. Further massive transfers of wealth to certain parts of the private sector will accelerate now.

If this deal fails in the ballots badly(which is likely), nobody with a brain honestly thinks it is possible to go on strike after the leadership of the unions have stated publicly that it would be wrong to do so. It is impossible now to go back for another deal. We can simply reject the deal and let the like of Harney do their worst. I don't think they will lose much time, they have even appointed a minister for cutting these jobs.

I am voting against this deal and I will not support any strikes aimed at supporting further talks. The last talks were utter nonsense so continuing them at my expense is not something I favour. We need to accept that partnership and any form of agreed path is totally impossible.

How can you take part in a process that is about getting rid of you as an employee? This culture of a deal at any price is part of why we are in the trouble we are in currently. People have to accept that when the 5 billion comes out of the PS in 2011 it is going to result in mass job loses and much reduced services. Pretending we can agree some nonsense painless path to doing that is not productive.

The government set out to smash PS unions, now that they are on the verge of doing so some are starting to panic as they wonder how they will control their own staff without the unions. The answer is they wont.