PDA

View Full Version : Establishing a United Ireland through infiltration

fluffybiscuits
14-05-2012, 04:16 PM
This came to me as an off the wall idea while reading about the SDLP member who was also a QC who was speaking about Marion Price being interned. What if we were to see more of the nationalist community commit to some unionst ideals bar a United Ireland and rise to positions of prominence . From this once in positions of influence seek to slowly change the opinion of the unionist side. This may mean them betraying some of their beliefs and living a lie but does it not stand to reason that it may actually work? Or am I with the fairies (well the odd time I am :D ).

Holly
14-05-2012, 04:26 PM
The tone of the Opening Post suggests it belongs in "British" Politics all right.
I do not believe that unionist ideals such as ethnically cleansing the Six Counties of Catholics would go down well in nationalist ghettos.

Andrew49
14-05-2012, 05:01 PM
This came to me as an off the wall idea while reading about the SDLP member who was also a QC who was speaking about Marion Price being interned. What if we were to see more of the nationalist community commit to some unionist ideals bar a United Ireland and rise to positions of prominence . From this once in positions of influence seek to slowly change the opinion of the unionist side. This may mean them betraying some of their beliefs and living a lie but does it not stand to reason that it may actually work? Or am I with the fairies (well the odd time I am :D ).

It'll never work - as things stand at the moment. But with Scottish Independence ever and ever closer there will have to be a re-think by Unionists and unionists. We'll see then if they are up for practical politics on an all-island basis.

fluffybiscuits
15-05-2012, 11:38 AM
The tone of the Opening Post suggests it belongs in "British" Politics all right.
I do not believe that unionist ideals such as ethnically cleansing the Six Counties of Catholics would go down well in nationalist ghettos.

Well I would obviously advocate not taking on the extreme opinions of Unionism in obliterating the nationalists but taking on a view point that would be more acceptable to Unionists than nationalists. Once this is done then work to undermine the British influence through slowly changing the demographics of such a party. Its underhand and its two faced but its all perfectly legal. Would require some people to sell out there beliefs for some time ..

It'll never work - as things stand at the moment. But with Scottish Independence ever and ever closer there will have to be a re-think by Unionists and unionists. We'll see then if they are up for practical politics on an all-island basis.

Scottish influence will indeed push unionism to the edge. They will see that the links between Britian are crumbling and in their insecurity scurry from the sinking ship that is the UK....