PDA

View Full Version : Sharing for Survival: Restoring the Climate, the Commons and Society

yehbut_nobut
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I've just been sent this invite, which I've been asked to share widely. Here's as good a place as any!

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/105/662/1056624_300.jpg

Book Launch - “Sharing for Survival: Restoring the Climate, the Commons and Society”
Friday May 18th at 8pm, Sheelagh na Gig Bookshop, Main St, Cloughjordan, Co. Tipperary
To celebrate the launch of “Sharing for Survival: Restoring the Climate, the Commons and Society”, Feasta is having a book party. The book, a collection by 6 authors, explores how we can respond to the challenge of climate change through sharing. Feasta's Bruce Darrell will host the event and John Jopling and Caroline Whyte, two of the authors, will talk about their work.

We'd be delighted if you could join us. It will be a great opportunity for members and anyone interested in climate change, future communities, and Feasta's work in general, to meet over a glass of wine.

If you can't make the party please buy a copy of the book online from sharingforsurvival.org (it will be also be available shortly through Green Books UK) and if you could spread the word through your own blogs, lists and Facebook that would be great, thanks!

C. Flower
11-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Feasta is an interesting group, as it has looked at economics along with the environment and, if I understand rightly, favours "no growth" economics.

yehbut_nobut
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Feasta is an interesting group, as it has looked at economics along with the environment and, if I understand rightly, favours "no growth" economics.

Yes that's my understanding - it's based on the premise that "unlimited growth" is impossible. Which is kind of a no-brainer, except "unlimited growth" that's the dream we keep getting sold.

Should be a good evening - there'll interesting Q&A's anyway. (And free wine :D!)

C. Flower
11-05-2012, 11:25 AM
(And free wine :D!)

Home grown ?

yehbut_nobut
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Home grown ?

Hopefully!