PDA

View Full Version : Burton wants to put 65 year-old people on the dole.

Baron von Biffo
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Coming up on SixOne in a few minutes.

The Minister for Lifestyle Choices wants to deal with the problem of people who must retire at 65 but who wont be entitled to the OAP until 66 by putting retired people on the dole.

Of course they wont meet the conditions for eligibility because they wont be genuinely seeking work and in almost all cases they wont have a hope of getting jobs anyway.

None of this matters a whit to Burton who's more than happy to **** on the dignity of the generation who paid our way out of the last recession.

How much lower can Labour go?

Baron von Biffo
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Jack O'Connor going out of his way to defend Burton.

I despair.

Kev Bar
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Coming up on SixOne in a few minutes.

The Minister for Lifestyle Choices wants to deal with the problem of people who must retire at 65 but who wont be entitled to the OAP until 66 by putting retired people on the dole.

Of course they wont meet the conditions for eligibility because they wont be genuinely seeking work and in almost all cases they wont have a hope of getting jobs anyway.

None of this matters a whit to Burton who's more than happy to **** on the dignity of the generation who paid our way out of the last recession.

How much lower can Labour go?

"Our"...getting autobiographical there Baron. And I used to just call you an "old curmudgeon" as a figure of speech.

Baron von Biffo
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
"Our"...getting autobiographical there Baron. And I used to just call you an "old curmudgeon" as a figure of speech.

:) You're on the ball Kev but I'm already retired so this wont affect me personally.

jinnyjoe
05-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Someone help me out here, was it always that you couldn't collect your "old age" pension until you were 66? My father is retired since 2004 and didn't collect til then but I wondered was this always the case, and if so what did happen in the intervening year normally, that Burton is suggesting "Dole"? I suppose people who were working just worked until their 66th birthday (or the day before) and then collected/applied but what happened those who weren't working? :confused:

Sam Lord
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
You retire and then you seek work. It's like something out of Kafka.

Griska
06-04-2012, 12:03 AM
You retire and then you seek work. It's like something out of Kafka.

It certainly is.
It also goes some way towards nullifying the benefits of humans living longer.