PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes in Ireland

eamo
27-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Electing gombeens is not the only thing we Irish have a strong tendency for. According to Irish health.com we are above the European average in incidences of diabetes.

The personal experience of been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and interaction with the health service is been recorded in an excellent blog by a fellow taxi driver, Roy.
With his permission here is the link:
http://irishtaxi.org/adiabetictaxi/blog1.php

Lack of exercise and obesity (often related) are two major risk factors. The powers that be have people working ridiculous hours and still struggling just to make a living, and then they have the gall to lecture about having a waist over 37"man or 32'' woman.
We should determine to prioritize our own personal fitness. Put it up there with washing, eating, sleeping etc. as one of the things we refuse to neglect, one of the necessitys of living. We would be so much healthier mentally and physically as a people and much happier if we took time to stay fit. AND NOW!! let me introduce one of my most eccentric theories. It is my belief, based on nothing but intuition that we would not be in the economic mess we are in today if more of us had the balanced outlook on life which vigorous and regular exercise promotes. and no, I do not wear a tinfoil hat, well, not usually.

C. Flower
27-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I put it down to the famine. "She's looking well" normally means obese.

smiles
27-01-2012, 10:09 PM
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/simply-raw-reversing-diabetes-in-30-days/

Amazing results, simply by changing diet

Dodoe
27-01-2012, 11:19 PM
iresh peope eat way too much compared to poorer countries

fluffybiscuits
28-01-2012, 02:09 PM
iresh peope eat way too much compared to poorer countries

+1

I had a kebab last night with all the trimmings *hic* ;)

A lot of work places are doing free testing though now for diabetes. Would advise people to take it if on offer. My landlord found out he was diabetic type 2 through his job.

eamo
29-01-2012, 08:50 AM
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/simply-raw-reversing-diabetes-in-30-days/

Amazing results, simply by changing diet

Thanks for the link smiles, I have passed it on.

A lot of work places are doing free testing though now for diabetes. Would advise people to take it if on offer. My landlord found out he was diabetic type 2 through his job.

I think I would prefer to get my own testing done, unless the workplace test was 100% confidential. Some employers are trustworthy, some are not. You could find information gathered used against you.

Dodoe
29-01-2012, 08:56 AM
+1

I had a kebab last night with all the trimmings *hic* ;)

You will be a fattie and fatties like this if their own making have no one but themselves to blame when they have becomed diseased through their own ways

eamo
29-01-2012, 09:38 PM
You will be a fattie and fatties like this if their own making have no one but themselves to blame when they have becomed diseased through their own ways

Hi Dodo, welcome to the forum.
I think it is a little more complicated than that.
I also think you are as Irish as anyone else here.
I call myself eamo 'caus its short for eamonn, why do you call yourself Dodo?
BTW you would not believe how heavy the bouncers are in here. I nearly got the bums rush shortly after I arrived, still getting over the shock of it :D

Dodoe
29-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi Dodo, welcome to the forum.
I think it is a little more complicated than that.
I also think you are as Irish as anyone else here.
I call myself eamo 'caus its short for eamonn, why do you call yourself Dodo?
BTW you would not believe how heavy the bouncers are in here. I nearly got the bums rush shortly after I arrived, still getting over the shock of it :D

What are you speaking about?

fluffybiscuits
30-01-2012, 12:05 AM

I am a fattie pal and know what, no one else to blame but myself! Hence the gettin fit regime and back in the gym...

I did give one great response though a few years back to a lad who said to me in a pub

"Yer one fat bastard"

I replied "Its only because your mother gave me a slice of cake every time I rode her"...

Being fat is unhealthy Im well aware but it also means I get a lot of presence, I get my voice heard. I might as well enjoy it while I have it.,...

fluffybiscuits
30-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the link smiles, I have passed it on.

I think I would prefer to get my own testing done, unless the workplace test was 100% confidential. Some employers are trustworthy, some are not. You could find information gathered used against you.

I trust the nurse in work but I got mine done in the GP :)

Starfire
30-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Dieting will only work if it produces hunger. fluffy - expect to be hungry! ;)

fluffybiscuits
30-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Dieting will only work if it produces hunger. fluffy - expect to be hungry! ;)

There is one thing I do love, spicy food. Portions can be smaller as the spicieness takes the edge of my hunger . I had a small portion of Penang curry I made from scratch and I cant eat another thing! My insides are on fire!